AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2009-04-29, 06:21   Link #221
KimmyChan

Can anyone tell me if this series will be getting released on Redgion 2 DVD anytime soon?
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 19:48   Link #222
Seitsuki
Onee!

the anime was pretty well recieved, and given it's high profile i would think that a release isnt going to be far off
Old 2009-05-04, 14:39   Link #223
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Can anyone tell me if this series will be getting released on Redgion 2 DVD anytime soon?
It was initially released for Region 2 (which includes Japan -- no subtitles). It was released in Region 1 not too long ago.

I'm now sure what the options are for people in the UK (or why the UK and Japan are both in Region 2) :P

I suppose you can import the english language version (subtitles, etc) from Region 1 (USA) at Rightstuf.com.
I've ordered from the UK successfully before (BBC titles and stuff) so I suppose it works both ways - but you'd need a player able to handle Region 1 and/or the PAL/NTSC nonsense.

Here's the wiki on region code bullshit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

I really wish they'd just give up completely on the whole region code garbage.... I ended up buying a player from j-list.com that specifically ignores region code. I sold my Sony DVD player after I discovered they'd hardwired the region code lock in. All Sony DVD players apparently are hardwire locked to the region they were sold in.

Of course if you use a computer to watch DVDs, there are work-arounds to the DVD firmware restrictions on region code.
As the wiki notes, the concept is inherently anti-competitive and anti-globalized-trading.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:25   Link #224
Bullet2k4

ive just watched the first episode.i gotta ask whats with the ears of some of these characters?is that the way theyre suppose to be?
Bullet2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:31   Link #225
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2k4 View Post
ive just watched the first episode.i gotta ask whats with the ears of some of these characters?is that the way theyre suppose to be?
Humans -> Normal eyes
God realm beings -> slightly pointy ears
Demon realm beings -> usual anime elf ears.
Old 2009-07-28, 22:46   Link #226
Mimblewimble
Muah

Send a message via AIM to Mimblewimble
For the Shuffle! game, I've followed the walkthrough, but I still cannot unlock Primula's pathway. All the other characters are listed as 100% completed and I follow the pathway outlined in the walkthrough and I just end up getting Kaede. Any help?

I'm using this walkthrough: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...e/921323/40442
Mimblewimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 10:32   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If I remember correctly, finishing the Nerine arc is *supposed* to unlock the Primula arc, but don't remember the sequence. You might try running through the Nerine arc again if you can't find any other solution?
Old 2009-08-05, 02:16   Link #228
stuart2252

hello

i was wondering is there going to be a season 2 for shuffle i would really like to watch season 2 and can i have the name of the song's lycoris sings on season 1 of shuffle
stuart2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:34   Link #229
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

There are two Shuffle! anime series: the original broadcast entitled Shuffle! and a condensed re-broadcast called Shuffle! Memories that also contains a bonus episode at the end. Currently there is no news on a true second season for the series and I doubt it will ever happen.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 12:06   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's no story on which to base a second season ... the anime used one ending and the manga picked another ending. The only option is to do an ending for each girl and that is as likely as any other date-sim adaptation doing it (basically zilch chance). Pointless OVAs that don't progress any status are about all that ever happen -- and frankly, the roving eyes of Japan's otaku and their wallets have moved on.
Old 2009-08-22, 20:03   Link #231
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ok what is the difference between Shuffle, and Shuffle Memories? I heard there is an extra episode in Shuffle Memories. Anyone care to explain that? By the way, does the Shuffle game also have multiple endings/scenarios to it? Meaning you can go pick a route, and how does that work out?
Old 2009-08-23, 01:06   Link #232
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Ok what is the difference between Shuffle, and Shuffle Memories? I heard there is an extra episode in Shuffle Memories. Anyone care to explain that? By the way, does the Shuffle game also have multiple endings/scenarios to it? Meaning you can go pick a route, and how does that work out?
Shuffle Memories is basically a recap of Shuffle, plus one bonus episode (read: fanservice). I'd suggest watching Shuffle, then just watching the bonus ep if you want (Higurashi parody is awesome).

The Shuffle game is a standard ADV visual novel, which means you will be given choices and depending on what you choose to do/say, you will end up with a different ending. After the common route (introduction of characters and their stories, some comedy) ends and points are tabulated (usually choices increase or sometimes decrease 'intimacy' points for each heroine), and you will be locked on the route for the heroine with the most points. This is when the main story for each heroine really takes place. If you are indecisive, you'll end up with no one.
Old 2009-08-24, 16:16   Link #233
Kyogun

Hello,
I've got a question regarding the CGs or general character design of Kaede in Really?Really!.

It seems soo off and in comparison with Shuffle!'s Kaede, just bad.

Then i read that Hiro Suzuhira , character designer of Shuffle, left due to health issues.

Though that was in 2007, and afaik R?R! was released in 2006.
According to the dates, her leave shouldn't have had any impact on Kaede's art in Really?Really!.

So question is: why is it so different/(bad) then?
And additionally - who did the new designs? Considering that Asa Shigure looks completely Shuffle!-like, very nicely done.

Thanks in advance
Kyogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:40   Link #234
Kyogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyogun View Post
Hello,
I've got a question regarding the CGs or general character design of Kaede in Really?Really!.

It seems soo off and in comparison with Shuffle!'s Kaede, just bad.

Then i read that Hiro Suzuhira , character designer of Shuffle, left due to health issues.

Though that was in 2007, and afaik R?R! was released in 2006.
According to the dates, her leave shouldn't have had any impact on Kaede's art in Really?Really!.

So question is: why is it so different/(bad) then?
And additionally - who did the new designs? Considering that Asa Shigure looks completely Shuffle!-like, very nicely done.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Ok, now i found out, that Aoi Nishimata is the designer of Kaede.
So that makes it even more mysterious for me, since Aoi Nishimata, afaik, has stayed in Navel all along. Help
Old 2009-08-25, 20:37   Link #235
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
I have been watching my Ikki Tousen dvds and I noticed Shuffle as a preview. Is it worth the purchase? I do like me some fan service.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 02:44   Link #236
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

sure ... theres a couple of weak episodes around 16-21 (bad writing, mainly how the characters act) but otherwise its fairly good
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 11:02   Link #237
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyogun View Post
Edit: Ok, now i found out, that Aoi Nishimata is the designer of Kaede.
So that makes it even more mysterious for me, since Aoi Nishimata, afaik, has stayed in Navel all along. Help
Your question basically has no answer. As far as is known, it's the same artist for both games. I don't remember Kaede's CGs in Really? Really! to be so particularly awful, but who knows... Perhaps she was rushed, or perhaps she changed styles a bit, or who knows... And of course, also keeping in mind the premise of Really? Really! that not all of what you see actually happened. So... I don't think your question is answerable by anyone around here; it seems pretty subjective to begin with.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 05:41   Link #238
Kyogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Your question basically has no answer. As far as is known, it's the same artist for both games. I don't remember Kaede's CGs in Really? Really! to be so particularly awful, but who knows... Perhaps she was rushed, or perhaps she changed styles a bit, or who knows... And of course, also keeping in mind the premise of Really? Really! that not all of what you see actually happened. So... I don't think your question is answerable by anyone around here; it seems pretty subjective to begin with.
Hmm, see.
Well it pretty much jumped into my eye right at the start, so i was pretty confused.
The argument of not everything seen is true is right, though that wouldn't explain why Asa/Ama cgs are still pretty original looking, superb even (subjective). Only Kaede and Sakura (iirc) are strangely drawn.

Thank you very much for answering though ^^, guess i just have to live with it being unanswered. You're very much right about it being subjective though.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:26   Link #239
Jujubee

I have a question. Are any of the other games besides the original Shuffle translated?
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:10   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not that have been released legally. Nor have I found any fan-translation works. The guy working on the fan version of Shuffle! for those who bought the Japanese version of the game says he'd like to start working on the others.... but he's been working on Shuffle! since.. what, 2005?