AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-07, 13:46   Link #1
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Kairin's Halloween Costume Suggestion Thread

Hello all. It's a me, Mario! err...I mean Kiva.

It's a bit early but I wanted to get some suggestions for what Kairin's costume will be for her first Halloween ever. I was thinking the Animesuki community could throw some suggestions and then after a while, we can nominate the most popular ones and finally vote on them (pretty much just like the banner contest only not as fancy with prizes and such).

The most popular suggestion will become a wallpaper featuring Kairin in said costume drawn by yours truely and released on Halloween day.

Some basic rules:

1) Has to be appropriate for all ages. So no...questionable costume suggestions from anyone. That means you JOJOS'STAR! (j/k jojo )

2) I would prefer that existing characters from anime/movies/books not be suggested. This is Halloween afterall, not cosplay.

3) Try and give a brief explaination of why you think your costume suggestion would be good.

Umm...can't really think of anything else. So let the suggesting begin! Not sure on how long the suggestion thread will run for before we move onto the next phase.
This idea was more of a spontaneous thing and not exactly planned out to any great detail.

For added goodness, here's a little profile of Kairin:

Name: Kairin
Likes: Watching anime, cosplay, taking walks during sunny weather, jpop/jrock.
Dislikes: People who make fun of her ears (poor Kairin ), rainy days/cold weather, people who break forum rules.
Favorite food: Apples. She can't seem to get enough of them for some reason.
She likes chocolate too.
Least Favorite food: Kairin doesn't like exotic fruits like Papayas. She's not a big fan of fish either (any kind).

General Info:

Kairin can be shy at first when she's meeting someone for the first time. She speaks in a soft voice (unless you get her mad) and speaks politely. Once you get to know her a bit more, she acts less formal and more "natural". As I mentioned earlier, she doesn't like people making fun of her ears. One time someone said that her ears looked like horns and Kairin gave that guy an uppercut to the jaw and well...it was 12 days before he got out of the coma. She's not violent normally though.

Interesting facts:
  • Those dots on her forehead are makeup not scars/dents as some people had thought.
  • Her native language is actually Japanese. She speaks it quite well. She can speak English too.
  • Has an evil twin sister (seriously).
  • Wants to be a seiyuu for Japanese anime/games someday.
  • Her ears are exactly 17.3cm long.
  • She's about 167cm tall.
  • Her 3 sizes are...a secret!

That's all the information she wants to be shared for the moment. I'll make a more in-depth profile when I can cox some more info from her.

In anycase, she's looking forward to her first Halloween.

Please give her your best suggestions! :3
And remember, this is for fun so don't take things too seriously and suggest anything you think might be funny/cool (as long as it abides by the rules of course).

Some pictures of Kairin for reference:

Pictures by Kiva128:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7431/kairin16kc.jpg
http://www.azuremidnight.com/Wallpap...achPreview.jpg

Pictures by Others:

Slayerx:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._Mascot_CG.jpg

Dingoo:
http://www.kuroiken.com/K.png

Edit: Just for any newcomers that don't know, Kairin is the official mascot of Animesuki.
Edit2: To Slayerx and Dingoo, I know I didn't use your permission to post your pics. If you want me to remove them, give me a PM and I'll get right on it.
Edit3: Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. After further thinking I don't think I'm going to go into the whole "nominate and have people vote" thing. Too complicated. So I'll just take the most popular suggestions from this thread. If no particular one is popular, I'll choose the one I like best. :P

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-09-07 at 17:07.
Old 2006-09-07, 14:09   Link #2
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
She may try to wear a Human Costume Just like Amas-sam from Shuffle. Wearing a cute hat, and playing auound wth her Hair. Just too hide her Ears

This suggestion would be quiet good. Because she dislikes jokes about her ears...
Old 2006-09-07, 15:03   Link #3
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Wings!!, Devil wings and tail. giant fork? ^^
Old 2006-09-07, 15:53   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

pumpkins. lots of pumpkins.
Old 2006-09-07, 18:37   Link #5
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
I was the grim reaper last year
this year I am eather going to a party or trick or treating for what may be the last time
I'd be a...Kat(sorry) CAT person or a plain old cat
or maybe a humunulus WHO KNOWS?
Old 2006-09-07, 20:45   Link #6
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I think there is no way to avoid the traditional costumes to win . However, I'ld suggest she should dress as dark elven blade dancer. That is not her real temper, so she is rather clumsy with her 3 prong short blade. Her skin needs to be greyish, but good Make up should do the trick. Well she needs to be dressed like a blade dancer (I hope its not too cold this years Halloween night).
Old 2006-09-07, 20:59   Link #7
Fome

She should be a Cowgirl.
Old 2006-09-07, 21:13   Link #8
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
pumpkins. lots of pumpkins.
That was the first thing that popped into my mind after going over your post, Kiva. I second a cute pumpkin costume for Kairin, because I really think it'll look absolutely adorable on her.

Anyways, looking forward to the final design (or designs if any runner-ups will also be featured).
Old 2006-09-07, 22:01   Link #9
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
I think there is no way to avoid the traditional costumes to win
yeah, since we cannot sugest something from anime movies books, the choice seems smaller and it comes down to the traditional stuffs.

Another one I can think of, is a ghost costume with her ears sticking out. Ahhh that be so cute. xD
Old 2006-09-07, 22:44   Link #10
wao
OK.

ZMOG?! She has an evil twin sister?!! (Is it the one I drew?) To be terribly cliche, the evil twin sister could be the devil and Kairin could be the angel.
Old 2006-09-07, 23:29   Link #11
Lost

Wait, no cosplay. Oops. Delete.
Old 2006-09-08, 06:28   Link #12
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
ZMOG?! She has an evil twin sister?!! (Is it the one I drew?) To be terribly cliche, the evil twin sister could be the devil and Kairin could be the angel.

hehe no it's not the one you drew. I made a quick sketch of her in Kairin's fanart thread page 2.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=34

That's not really the final design or anything. I just threw it together in like 30 mins.
The devil/angel idea is not bad.

I'm thinking on whether or not to allow 'cosplay'. What do you guys think? Would it still be Halloween to you guys if she was an anime/movie/book character?
Old 2006-09-08, 06:41   Link #13
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
hehe no it's not the one you drew. I made a quick sketch of her in Kairin's fanart thread page 2.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=34

That's not really the final design or anything. I just threw it together in like 30 mins.
The devil/angel idea is not bad.
That twinsister makes a perfect dark elfin.

Quote:
I'm thinking on whether or not to allow 'cosplay'. What do you guys think? Would it still be Halloween to you guys if she was an anime/movie/book character?
Uhm well, maybe not.
Old 2006-09-08, 09:28   Link #14
Lost

Quote:
I live in a place that doesn't outrightly observe the Halloween festival (no trick-or-treating and the like) so I can't accurately say if it would fit the spirit of Halloween if cosplay was allowed. But I personally favor the cosplay option because I dislike the recurring traditional Halloween themes. I mean, doesnt one get tired of seeing pumpkins, grim reapers, ghosts, The Simpsons Halloween Reruns etc etc?

Maybe in line with Halloween and Cosplay what you can ask for is a cosplay of a dark, even morbid, Anime character.
Old 2006-09-08, 09:46   Link #15
Rin-Sama
Banned

GOTH ANGEL GOTH ANGEL!!!! she sould be a Goth Angel!!!!!

reason: She would look so sexy in a Goth Angel costume. (and if the kids ask just tell them she is a good witch :-P )
Old 2006-09-08, 11:02   Link #16
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Pumpkin-Kairin would be very cute.

Another suggestion would be a traditional witch costume: A kind of large draping robe/cloak and an oversized magician's (pointy) hat kind of falling on her head

If cosplay were allowed, anything with a ridiculous amount of things to be added (armor/clothes/accessories/weapons/ect.) would be pretty funny.
Old 2006-09-08, 11:10   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
GOTH ANGEL GOTH ANGEL!!!! she sould be a Goth Angel!!!!!

reason: She would look so sexy in a Goth Angel costume. (and if the kids ask just tell them she is a good witch :-P )
yes yes and yes... add some cool large black wings and a wink smile would be perfect ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-08, 11:45   Link #18
Rin-Sama
Banned

and don't forget the halo!
Old 2006-09-08, 11:59   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

*Sigh* I gave up going to Halloween. I'm too old for it. But I remember the good old days of dressing up as a vampire...
Old 2006-09-08, 12:46   Link #20
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
yes yes and yes... add some cool large black wings and a wink smile would be perfect ^_^
Thats actually what I meant when I said traditional, that is so old school and bathetic (one of the anime chara's most wanted Fanart and Fanservice stuff - next to nekomaids, maids, latex & leather queens, christmas costumes, vampresses -often aka goth lolita, strange superhero, mermaids, other animals -fox, bunny, penguin, you name it, elves/fairies, priestresses/nuns, cowgirls, ghost hunters, knights, some more goth lolita type witches, sorceresses, angels, dark angels, did I forget something?... + all the ero related costumes)

Last edited by Jinto; 2006-09-08 at 13:17.
Closed Thread

Tags
halloween, kairin