AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 16:52   Link #181
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
If you go back 2-3 pages you can find that scene already translated and analyzed by guppy, myself, and archaic. We even had a short debate about the meaning of certain parts. But overall we agreed on the overall meaning of the scene.

If you're interested that is.
It's confusing to say the least, there are a lot of things that can be interpreted differently, but I think the words seem to only confirm the distinction she has of him, even if she is wavering. We'll see how it goes.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:55   Link #182
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Because a human teenage girl should be as logical as a robot, sure.
But seriously, not everyone can psycho-analyze themself so coldly, and connect the dots as easily as we (the viewers) can.

But yes, I'm glad they adressed Kallen's own concerns so early on, I just hope that Kallen gets more story-time like we were promised.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:56   Link #183
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Good point there. But that's probably how Kallen was so... forgiving and loyal to him once again on this episode. At least now Kallen can be with Lelouch in his private room along with C.C. XDDDD
Well, I think she should be loyal to him, because that's what she choose for, from a long time ago. It is like you are being given a box but you do not know what is inside, and there is even a note on the top of a box saying that:"you MAY not open the box", once you decide to open the box, you will want to open the box. Well, inside of the box is a super deadly snake. Sure you are surprised, but it is not like there is no note telling you that there is a choice to not open the box? same like kallen, she has a choice to leave, lelouch has even asked her if she is confused/dissatisfied, she may leave.

By the look at the story, seems like kallen thinks that geass can be used for more than once for one person. lelouch should has just explained that it can only be used once and should tell her too what he used it on her for to clear the mistrusts. but oh well...

Hahaha, wow, kallen can be with lelouch in his private room along with cc is a sign of threesome.
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 17:00   Link #184
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

But why would she believe him? What if the geass command is "you will be loyal to me in every way"? the power of total control leaves her unsure and justifiably so. I think all this character development is a mixed blessing. Too much development is a warning flag for only one thing.

P.S. lets hope C.C. is willing to share.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 17:01   Link #185
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Not threesome (like you sexual fans). Threesome as in three personailties knowing the secrets of Lelouch and having a good and devious discussion amongst themselves. (and possibily some romance rivalry.)

C.C: Sorry but I already kiss Lelouch - twice.

Kallen: Oh but I already - (Lelouch comes in)

Lelouch: What's going on with you two?

C.C/Kallen: Oh, nothing...
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 17:17   Link #186
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
But why would she believe him? What if the geass command is "you will be loyal to me in every way"? the power of total control leaves her unsure and justifiably so. I think all this character development is a mixed blessing. Too much development is a warning flag for only one thing.

P.S. lets hope C.C. is willing to share.
well...."belief" itself is hard to explain
you could even say that you believe in god because god make you believe him in every way.
I don't take it as far as believing and not

I am just taking it as far as "empty box filled with something you dont know with a note telling you not to open it on the box"~~

this actually evoke something even more interesting
first, let's assume you and I believe in god, remember, just assumption.
and then one day suddenly you know god has made you believe in him, now god tell u that you are on your own now; god let you off the power to believe him from you, will you still believe him?

well I know lelouch is no god, if it is really god do that, you would probably still believe in god. but well lelouch is different again, but then again, it is up to each person, I can't take it too deep~~
Old 2008-04-13, 17:29   Link #187
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Not threesome (like you sexual fans). Threesome as in three personailties knowing the secrets of Lelouch and having a good and devious discussion amongst themselves. (and possibily some romance rivalry.)

C.C: Sorry but I already kiss Lelouch - twice.

Kallen: Oh but I already - (Lelouch comes in)

Lelouch: What's going on with you two?

C.C/Kallen: Oh, nothing...
dont forget shirley, she kissed lelouch once too!
Old 2008-04-13, 17:35   Link #188
Deathscyther

Nah, I don't want Shirly in. Don't like her with lelouch.

But yeah, I wonder how Kallen will develop now that she knows the truth. She'll probably get closer to Lelouch. She might get feelings for him (or already has them), but will try to deny this.
Old 2008-04-13, 19:52   Link #189
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
It's confusing to say the least, there are a lot of things that can be interpreted differently, but I think the words seem to only confirm the distinction she has of him, even if she is wavering. We'll see how it goes.
You can't really interpret those lines and the manner in which they were spoken all that differently from the two/three already presented interpretations. Either, you're going to be rewording one of them, or you're going to be stretching the believability of the interpretation. Somethings are open for interpretation, yes, but its limited as tone, wording, and simple reaction are restrictions.

The thing that words confirm, and what was most definitely agreed on, was that she was telling Lelouch to prove that he is the man she thought he was. More or less.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:01   Link #190
KrimzonStriker

Yeah, but I think she's still got a problem with that other side of him (Lelouch Lamperouge) even if she accepts him as Zero though, no matter how you cut it >_>
Old 2008-04-13, 20:04   Link #191
Var
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but I think she's still got a problem with that other side of him (Lelouch Lamperouge) even if she accepts him as Zero though, no matter how you cut it >_>
I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of what I said. Lelouch Lamperouge has to prove that he is in fact Zero. Lelouch even makes a comment about having been just a student to her when they begin talking.

And as I said, the events that followed in the episode began to prove this to her.
Old 2008-04-13, 20:08   Link #192
KrimzonStriker

They're still not quite there yet, even if it is a beginning
Old 2008-04-13, 20:26   Link #193
Var
Banned

Quote:
They're still not quite there yet, even if it is a beginning
Key word I used: Began. I never implied that they'd gotten over it, but they are off to a good start. Which is important.
Old 2008-04-13, 20:28   Link #194
KrimzonStriker

Okay, so long as we got that clear
Old 2008-04-13, 22:06   Link #195
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
You can't really interpret those lines and the manner in which they were spoken all that differently from the two/three already presented interpretations. Either, you're going to be rewording one of them, or you're going to be stretching the believability of the interpretation. Somethings are open for interpretation, yes, but its limited as tone, wording, and simple reaction are restrictions.

The thing that words confirm, and what was most definitely agreed on, was that she was telling Lelouch to prove that he is the man she thought he was. More or less.
Ya, I believe that's what kallen meant
but hmm, it is weird for her to say that
it is the same person anyway, not to mention lelouch doesnt have mpd:P
Old 2008-04-13, 22:15   Link #196
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
Ya, I believe that's what kallen meant
but hmm, it is weird for her to say that
it is the same person anyway, not to mention lelouch doesnt have mpd:P
She wants him to reaffirm several things: that he is the same man she's developed feelings for, the man who's led her to victory, the man whom she's followed devoutly, and so on.

So while it is the same person, she needs to be certain of who it is that she's actually following; whether its Zero, Lelouch Lamperouge, or Lelouch Vi Britannia.
Old 2008-04-13, 22:16   Link #197
KrimzonStriker

She hasn't fallen for Lelouch though, Zero yes, Lelouch questionable I think and that'll be important
Old 2008-04-13, 22:17   Link #198
scifijimmy

Yeah, I have to agree on the issue about keeping his identity a secret from her. This will strain their relations for next several episodes. Also needs that conversation with Lelouch about the Geass being used once, and then on her reveal will she fights Britannia back in Ep. 3.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 22:19   Link #199
Var
Banned

Quote:
She hasn't fallen for Lelouch though, Zero yes, Lelouch questionable I think and that'll be important
Did you not read what I wrote? She needs to reaffirm that he is the same man. If we want to go into semantics, its probably the best start to a relationship she could have asked for, and arguably better than anything anyone else ever recieved.

And to be perfectly frank, I was surprised by how far they took it. I expected much less development. For example; I did not expect them to actually say flat out that she had come to love Zero. That's the only concrete love we've been told about (excluding Mao).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
Yeah, I have to agree on the issue about keeping his identity a secret from her. This will strain their relations for next several episodes. Also needs that conversation with Lelouch about the Geass being used once, and then on her reveal will she fights Britannia back in Ep. 3.
How do you figure it will strain it? If anything, it would do the opposite because for once Lelouch was honest with her, completely.
Old 2008-04-13, 22:20   Link #200
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

After rewatching the last part of episode 25 again, it seems I was mistaken about one thing. At no point does Kallen know about what the Geass does. Nobody tells her in 25, nobody tells her in the flashback. So all the excuses about Kallen being confused about being mindcontrolled holds no water. She has no frigging idea. She obviously found out later since she does know about it in R2 but basically, she deserts Zero over the MERE fact that he wasn't the person she thought he was. Geez, this lowered my opinion of her even more since she cracked even more easily than Shirley.

Hopefully she's a stronger person this time round or Lelouch's going to end up being betrayed again.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote