Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 21:20   Link #261
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
She should have listened to Ougi. Everyone should listen to Ougi more.
yeah, but instead his fiancee shot him and his best friend's sister freaked out when he begged her to save the man who could bring about her brother's dream and then he got thrown in a prison cell and had to keep talking to that Chiba who was always calling Zero a traitor and Toudou who kept saying Zero was dead. And then they were going to execute him and oh god it's not easy being Ougi Kaname! ;_;
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:27   Link #262
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Were they engaged?

In this series, the two people you don't to be are Lelouch and Ougi. Those two get screwed over so much.

Hopefully we won't see Kallen freak out anymore.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:36   Link #263
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
^ Ougi that guy is one of the best show's charaters , he was the only one of the OBK who think there is something fishy in zero's action but he has the worts luck, i think he is going to be 6 feet under before the show 's end
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:37   Link #264
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I hope he doesn't die though. He is the go to guy for advice and Kallen may need some.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-14, 21:41   Link #265
MonkeyDude

Quote:
I hope he doesn't die though. He is the go to guy for advice and Kallen may need some.
Eh isn't it the other way around?
(referring to a certain Sound Drama episode)
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:41   Link #266
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
I said it before and I will say it again: Ougi has to be one of the most abused characters(next to Lelouch) I have seen. He has to quit his job to fight a resistance, put up with dip-shits like Tamaki, and when he finally finds love he gets shot in the gut for it.

I am also hoping for more Lelouch and Kallen development later on and I am also hoping that episode 2 wasn't the final verdict as far as to how there relationship will development..but I dont know really. One thing I have been curious about though, how the hell did Kallen get all these handy skills? Like piloting,acting, and also assassination skills. (I assume she has killed with that knife before) it just seems wierd that in seven short years she acquired and perfected those to such a degree and managed to keep a good school girl facade up as well.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:42   Link #267
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Were they engaged?

In this series, the two people you don't to be are Lelouch and Ougi. Those two get screwed over so much.

Hopefully we won't see Kallen freak out anymore.

this is proof enough for me that in a better world they would have gotten married eventually (I mean jeez, she was talking about living together with Ougi in the SADJ, seems pretty obvious what would have happened if not for the memories returning. ;_; )

But back to Kallen: I really want to see what her first encounter with Ougi is like this season. Though of course Lelouch probably gets first dibs (take off your mask! :0)
Old 2008-04-14, 21:51   Link #268
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

By the way the link to that Animage from a while back said that Naoto is very much dead. I guess Kallen won't get some sudden surprise.

Old 2008-04-14, 21:58   Link #269
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
By the way the link to that Animage from a while back said that Naoto is very much dead. I guess Kallen won't get some sudden surprise.
now that was from a magazine, and a magazine from well over a year ago. (pre-Mao arc. >_>)

I'm not ruling out anything.
Old 2008-04-14, 22:00   Link #270
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I know, I know. It also said C.C. was once a normal human being, but we don't know yet. It depends on how accurate the magazine was and whether they changed anything since then.

Old 2008-04-14, 22:04   Link #271
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I know, I know. It also said C.C. was once a normal human being, but we don't know yet. It depends on how accurate the magazine was and whether they changed anything since then.
probably not very. How many spoilers have you seen from Animage? Especially compared with Pash! and Newtype... >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 22:05   Link #272
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
When has kallen ever failed Zero? All the battles Zero lost were on the count of new weaponry that they had not know about and did not account for. Please keep your fanboy statements to yourself unless you can provide evidence Kallen was incompetent.
Lets see in episode 11 she was the one with the new weaponry and because of her incompetence not only did she get her primary weapon damaged by lancelot but Zero would've be captured right there and then if it wasn't for CC. A perfect example of where she failed, instead of Zero walking away with the prize of capturing cornelia he almost gets captured himself.

My point is that her win/loss rate against suzaku is horrible whether is be piloting knightmares, hand to hand combat or even verbal battles. Just imagine what the outcome of the show would've been if Kallen managed to win against him in any one of those battles.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:13   Link #273
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
probably not very. How many spoilers have you seen from Animage? Especially compared with Pash! and Newtype... >_>
Not many really. I didn't become interested about this as well as director comments till a few months ago.

Old 2008-04-14, 22:51   Link #274
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@ashlay the pic isn't showing.

it is clear that ougi will meet kallen and lelouch(as zero) again.(though I'm still wondering why he's dressed like a russian.)

@prototype sky how the hell is kallen to blame for the enviroment turning against her?

the next battle in 13-14 couldn't be called a win for suzaku.

kallen barely did anything in the 17 battle.

you can't blame her for losing in hand to hand because suzaku has HAXXOR physical powers.(some say HAXXOR piloting skills, I'm one of them.)

as for 24 I still have problems with it like for example she couldn't do something she did in episode 11 with more time to it.

fans like you are why I left this forum twice.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:06   Link #275
prototype_sky

I am a lulu fan so what is your point.

Time waits for no man, Kallen has yet to prove herself worthy of being Zero Right Hand. If she win against suzaku during her sophmore year then I'll change my opinion of her.

She didn't look too good versus Rollo

CC is currently his best solider at this point

Besides Suzaku had the environment turned against him yet he managed to overcome.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:12   Link #276
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Because teleporting is completely fair...
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:19   Link #277
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

name me one person who's defeated suzaku or come as close as kallen has.

chinese guys don't count due to plot holes both in the episode and ones in 24-25.(if the fly back waist so much energy how'd he have enough to fight kallen?)

rolo has the teleportation cheat.

C.C. you see alot of her on your computer don't you?

when has the enviroment turned against suzaku?
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:19   Link #278
Var
Banned

From what we know so far, Kallen is about the only normal person piloting a KMF, and probably the best.

C.C. is invincible.
Suzaku has hax.
Rollo can teleport.
Orange is a robot.
Urabe is dead.
Todou is a general more than a fighter.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:22   Link #279
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I am a lulu fan so what is your point.

Time waits for no man, Kallen has yet to prove herself worthy of being Zero Right Hand. If she win against suzaku during her sophmore year then I'll change my opinion of her.

She didn't look too good versus Rollo

CC is currently his best solider at this point

Besides Suzaku had the environment turned against him yet he managed to overcome.
Kallen and Toudo have been the only 2 pilots the Black Knights have that have fought evenly with Suzaku.

I don't even know how you can consider CC his best pilot.

With Rollo, she only had 1 pass at him without knowing his true ability. What else did you expect to happen?
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:28   Link #280
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I am also hoping for more Lelouch and Kallen development later on and I am also hoping that episode 2 wasn't the final verdict as far as to how there relationship will development..but I dont know really.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the scenes between Lelouch and Kallen in Episode 2 guaranteed more development for them. Further, with the definite knowledge that her backstory would be expanded in S2, we're going to have a lot more episodes with them, or we're going to have Kallen centric episodes. I doubt the latter, due to the slowness that would create.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the S1 kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
With Rollo, she only had 1 pass at him without knowing his true ability. What else did you expect to happen?
Rabbid bunnies to rape Rollo. Duh.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote