AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-13, 01:15   Link #301
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Just noticed something about the Desktop accessory software of K-on.

Mio always screams Ritsu!!! Rii-chan.
Rii-chan?

We're still talking about Mio's mascot, right?
Old 2010-07-13, 03:03   Link #302
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Where can I get an Azunyan version of that?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-16, 11:08   Link #303
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Rii-chan?

We're still talking about Mio's mascot, right?
I meant the Desktop accessory software from KyoAni.

Mio - Rii-chan!
Ritsu -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Where can I get an Azunyan version of that?
I'll pm you something special.
Old 2010-07-16, 12:24   Link #304
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Send me a Pm me too

Mio is always love..!!

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-07-16 at 12:35.
Old 2010-07-16, 12:26   Link #305
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Can i get a PM as well?
Old 2010-07-16, 15:12   Link #306
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:

Mio - Rii-chan!
Ritsu -

I have that DTA (had it since last year), and I never, ever heard Mio say "Ricchan" and I think I heard just about all possible sounds from it.
Old 2010-07-17, 08:36   Link #307
Jintor

Ritsu with sunglasses looks surprisingly epic.

K-On/CSI crossover incoming
Old 2010-07-17, 11:26   Link #308
Kudryavka

Quote:
Ho yes please.
Old 2010-07-17, 23:30   Link #309
Kyuh

She's my least favorite(but still loved) character..*watches as fanboys/girls attack*
I think her character design is nice- and her voice is really nice, but as a character, she doesn't really click with me. I kinda have this feeling that she isn't what everyone thinks she is, like hows she has multiple phobias and her short temper(imagine if she treated everyone like how she is with Ritsu).
Mio (in my opinion) is the character everyone wants to be- smart, moe, and talented. And I usually don't like those characters, because they almost always have that one flaw that only the closest friends knows. Which in Mio's case is how short-tempered she is, her lack of honesty at times, and her low self esteem.
So yeah, she does have those traits that make her the perfect person. but flawa too, and a lot of people don't remember that ;P
Old 2010-07-18, 00:25   Link #310
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuh View Post
... her lack of honesty at times,
I'm not a flaming Mio fanboi, but I AM curious. When has Mio been dishonest? I'm thinking back and I don't recall any specific times I could say she was not honest, unless its over the amount of money they got for Sawako's guitar. Even in that scene, I feel like she was convinced to keep mum by Ritsu...

I agree with her temper and low self esteem. In certain measures the low self esteem appears kind of cute. (although HARD to live with long term and must be fixed by adulthood) And the short temper is funny in a fictitious chara played for comedy like this, but NEVER attractive in a real person. The dishonesty though... Hmmm...
Old 2010-07-18, 01:25   Link #311
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
I'm not a flaming Mio fanboi, but I AM curious. When has Mio been dishonest? I'm thinking back and I don't recall any specific times I could say she was not honest, unless its over the amount of money they got for Sawako's guitar. Even in that scene, I feel like she was convinced to keep mum by Ritsu...

I agree with her temper and low self esteem. In certain measures the low self esteem appears kind of cute. (although HARD to live with long term and must be fixed by adulthood) And the short temper is funny in a fictitious chara played for comedy like this, but NEVER attractive in a real person. The dishonesty though... Hmmm...
You take the 'dishonest' part too literally, as in she lies all the time.

In reality, Mio is dishonest about herself. She acts all tough and cool, but deep down inside, she is pretty much still a child at heart (which explains why she comes up with such sugary-sweet lyrics). Also, her Suspiciously Specific Denial in episode 10 ("I'm mot interested in that sorta stuff [love]; light music is sorta like my boyfriend") and some hints in the manga suggest that she cares more about love (or being loved) than she's willing to admit.
Old 2010-07-18, 12:39   Link #312
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Cool

Quote:

In reality, Mio is dishonest about herself. She acts all tough and cool, but deep down inside, she is pretty much still a child at heart (which explains why she comes up with such sugary-sweet lyrics). Also, her Suspiciously Specific Denial in episode 10 ("I'm mot interested in that sorta stuff [love]; light music is sorta like my boyfriend") and some hints in the manga suggest that she cares more about love (or being loved) than she's willing to admit.
If that was what was meant, then your point is well taken. The inference wasn't clear. I see the self denial and internal dishonesty as connected and causal to one another. To me that's one flaw, not two. The way it was worded, it seemed Mio is dishonest to OTHERS about her intentions and may lack ethics. I don't think that's really the case.
Old 2010-07-18, 15:50   Link #313
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Well Ritsu knows she's lying all the time. On the surface Mio is like a model schoolgirl, neat, polite and has good looks and boobs and butt, in reality, as shown from Ritsu's photos back in season 1 when Azunyan joined, she might be a messy girl who throws her underwear all around the place.

In contrast, her little sister is scathingly honest. To the extent of hurting other people's feelings at times.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-18, 17:40   Link #314
Fariken
Huggin Ricchan :3

Quote:
Just noticed something about the Desktop accessory software of K-on.

Mio always screams Ritsu!!! Rii-chan.
Awww, I love when Mio says:
-"Ritsu tasukete " (Ritsu, help me :B:B)
-"Riiiiitsuuuuu, Ritsuuu " xDDDDDD hahaha
-"Yamero Ritsu !" xD
Mio doesn't name anyone else
Old 2010-07-18, 19:13   Link #315
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:

And remember Mio's reaction outside the summer school when Yui was panicing about having to wear uniforms (ep14).
Old 2010-07-19, 03:25   Link #316
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^That too. And I'm sure there are more examples than the ones I mentioned.
Old 2010-07-20, 04:29   Link #317
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

After hearing some of Hisaka Yoko's lines in Seitokai Yakuindomo, I imagined something like this would turn up sooner or later:

Follow the nico link to go to all 3 parts. The 3rd part is also on youtube. Just search the Japanese string in the title.

And if you can't understand, it's Mio saying the things that the student council pres from Seitokai Yakuindomo loves to say. Totally opposite characters .

Last edited by Decagon; 2010-07-20 at 04:53.
Old 2010-07-20, 04:35   Link #318
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:

Late for the party...

Can I have the PM as well?
Old 2010-08-24, 10:41   Link #319
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
I bet this is gonna be the biggest character thread though
So, yeah, anyone know why this thread is dead? :3 Are all discussions of Mio ran through and dried out?
Old 2010-08-24, 10:51   Link #320
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
So, yeah, anyone know why this thread is dead? :3 Are all discussions of Mio ran through and dried out?
Low screentime in season 2 + little to no development on her character= little discussion.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters