AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-09, 22:49   Link #221
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I still think it will be a waste to kill Shu in the end. I have no problems with Heros dying but this time it just doesnt feel right to me. Plus i mean are they just going to kill off the Ouma bloodline thats kind of messed up. Mana is for sure not coming back to stay we all know this that leaves Shu with the bloodline i mean damn at least let his genes be passed down. Either 2 will survive or none will.

Ayase looked ultra friendly to Shu in that preview. DOing that cute face looking up thing.
Old 2012-03-10, 01:18   Link #222
syke123

I think the Mana death flag wll start waving soon enough.
Old 2012-03-11, 11:51   Link #223
syke123

I kind of have the feeling that I'm the only one that thinks that the show is heavily influenced by religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
If I'm not mistaken I saw a red apple in there, a reference to Eve snatching it from the tree of knowledge in which desecrated humanity maybe? Maybe we could interpret Yuu into the snake?
Old 2012-03-12, 01:44   Link #224
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
I kind of have the feeling that I'm the only one that thinks that the show is heavily influenced by religion.
No you're not...more like techno-religion...
Old 2012-03-12, 08:49   Link #225
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post

If I'm not mistaken I saw a red apple in there, a reference to Eve snatching it from the tree of knowledge in which desecrated humanity maybe? Maybe we could interpret Yuu into the snake?
Nope you are not the only one i just choose to ignore it because i hate religion in animes and its honestly the only thing about GC that i dislike. You are right though that apple was a dead giveaway and the reason why humanity was tossed out of the Garden of Eden for eating from the Tree of Knowledge.
Old 2012-03-12, 18:01   Link #226
syke123

I think this is supposed to bring everything to light, well the part about drawing out voids.

Spoiler for Commercial break text:
Old 2012-03-15, 12:24   Link #227
ChocoBar9
Banned

http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#21
Quote:
Humanity shall break free of the flesh and sink into perpetual agony of crystallized death.
Voids are the harbingers of that end.
Hearts of people become the material of the new world.
The final drama brought upon us by Mana.
With no method of resistance, the people accept the light of punishment.
I wonder if this sin will become a memory in the crystallization.
Next: Inori/Prayer/Convergence
I will never regret meeting anyone
Old 2012-03-15, 13:42   Link #228
Aqua Knight

Quote:
I will never regret meeting anyone
Shu's death?
Old 2012-03-15, 13:54   Link #229
Akashin

Or everyone else's, from the sound of it.
Old 2012-03-15, 14:14   Link #230
Tenza-Zangetsu

From the looks of it in the preview, Shu gets another Void Genome in his crystal hand? Possibly Gai's?

I don't see a happy ending coming...
Old 2012-03-15, 16:27   Link #231
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Shu will finally be gone, probably sacrifices himself.
Old 2012-03-15, 17:22   Link #232
Soji

Hell no...if in this whole mess some one deserve the happy ending is Shu and Inori as well. I really hope this 2 gain some short of happy ending. Come on ...anime staff give a this 2 the happy ending that they deserve.
Still with only one ep...mana back and gai there...I see a really hard fight for shu.
And the preview sure dont give hope for this whole situation.
Old 2012-03-15, 17:58   Link #233
Manic
real men love pink

it does kind of suck that we are only gonna get maybe 10-15 mins of boss fights, unless they arent gonna show much of the resolution.
Old 2012-03-15, 21:52   Link #234
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

I have a feeling that Mana has not given up on Shu. Remember it was Daarth not Mana that decided that Gai was the right person to be King. Even when Inori and Mana were having their mental struggle Mana never once conceded to hand Shu over to Inori. After Shu defeated little boy Daarth and pretty impressively might i add he may be even more attractive to Mana.

This may be one of those endings where the hero dies and somehow he is reborn which seems to be one of the themes here. I hate the fact that i was right about this whole human evolution thing.

In the end i dont think the fight we will be Gai and Mana vs Shu. I think it will Gai vs Shu and after Gai's speech i have even less respect for him. Anyone who would sacrifice the world for their own petty little dreams of be reunited with a psychopath whos love was only for her own brother deserves to be eliminated from this world. Either way i am worried about this end what are there 2 episodes left. The ShuxAyase shipper count went up after this episode
Old 2012-03-16, 03:49   Link #235
EroKing

I see Mana in a dance pose. This finale is going to be epic
Old 2012-03-16, 06:25   Link #236
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

lol so in the end this is a self-fullfilling prophecy kind of anime, Shu wish or prophesize to die and from the looks of the preview he will get that

so its either Inori or Shu that will die in the end, meh bad ending in my opinion
Old 2012-03-16, 07:58   Link #237
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
lol so in the end this is a self-fullfilling prophecy kind of anime, Shu wish or prophesize to die and from the looks of the preview he will get that

so its either Inori or Shu that will die in the end, meh bad ending in my opinion
I agree if they kill Shu like so many other main characters have died in other series i will be upset. This series only reinforces the idea that you must struggle and eventually die in order to be a hero that your destiny is not in your hands that its predetermined.

However, the japanese view on heros is a lot different that the west. In Japan culture the hero often more or not dies in his endeavors. Its about self sacrifice which i do feel is important but sometimes a happy ending teaches a lesson as well that if yous struggle and try hard and never give that you can find happiness.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2012-03-16 at 10:43.
Old 2012-03-16, 08:05   Link #238
Soji

Sinestra@ Agree .Plus honestly Shu is the one that devesere the happy ending here. the problem is Inori though .I really hope they end this with happy ending and not another death mc end.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:00   Link #239
Arya

Regarding religion, time ago, I don't remember when and where, I wrote that depends on how GC would have ended we could had renamed GC as the Passion of Shuu, therefore I'm expecting, as Sinestra as just said, that Shu will resurrect.

Anyways, really it looks like they have mixed up many things, I mean, the apple is an obvious reference to Adam and Eve. Shu was betrayed by Arisa/Judas and sold to his enemies. And that's what the Old Testament says as first prophecy for the Passion:
Quote:
a sinless man who will atone for the sins of his people. By his voluntary suffering, he will save sinners from the just punishment of God. The death of Jesus is said to fulfil this prophecy.
So next, crucifixion and then, resurrection.
Amen

But I hope they are simply mixing things up

The problem with resurrections anyways is that usually they are not meant literally speaking, but they are meant poetically, so he will be resurrected into the flowers where Inori is lying on. Or a stupid supercute neko with no ears and tail, or that particular feeling you have during the long and cold winter nights ... Ok, I think I can stop with examples I mean, something not fulfilling at all.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-17, 00:10   Link #240
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Well everyone's having their emotions going all out, with the final episode being there by next week. Well it is only a anime for one thing. I know for a fact that something is going to happen whether it may be awesome or just plain lame. And if it helps to say something along with the people who said their opinion. Mana and Gai can take it and eat dirt for all I care. It's sad for things to go out the way it did for the three of them (Shu, Gai, and Mana), but at the end of the day, I see one guy whose going to do all it takes to get his girl back, and the other two are just poor excuses for villians with a messed up dream. It sucks that nearly every time humans get dragged into to this mess and be so close to extinction, but them's the breaks 90% of the time in every fantasy/sci fi show/etc.

Anyway i said my piece. F**K any anime character whose got balls to do some s**t for a stupid a** reason and try to take the whole world with it. It's the same ol stuff that tends to happen from time to time.