AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-03, 10:45   Link #19201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
translation by js06
I see that js06 is also hitting refresh all day -_-

Well I guess that's leaves very little imagination for anything but a Gremlin attack....

Quote:
Impossible, NT can't just end at the 5th volume..
Even when NT ends, it's still the one thing that can't happen.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:04   Link #19202
Acer
Death to the infidels!

the summary seems that Ichihanaransai should last until the next volume, the volume looks something like 9-10, 12-13, etc.

Last edited by Acer; 2012-08-03 at 11:26.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:07   Link #19203
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well I guess that's leaves very little imagination for anything but a Gremlin attack....
It sounds to me like a new enemy, not something already on verge of losing.
And the summary nearly sounds like the Gremlin already lost.. (Touma back in AC)

Plus if js06 makes exact translations, we can deduce (from english grammar) that "An ultimate enemy" is refering to something new, not defined before.
Quote:
Even when NT ends, it's still the one thing that can't happen.
Why not? An apocalyptic ending where everything is destroyed by a single meeting would be quite unique.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:24   Link #19204
Ilidsor
Angelerator

A new enemy would be really cool, but the way it says "that completely denies him" makes me think it's Othinus. I guess it depends if it means denies him physically or spiritually. We all know that Othinus's power means that she beats Touma every time due to his misfortune. And we already know that she has business in Academy City.

I'm slightly disappointed that Touma is going back to Academy City now that I think about it. I was hoping he would stick with Orellus + Fiamma and maybe they would tell him what his power is.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:30   Link #19205
Acer
Death to the infidels!

But can these two is with him, or they may have talked a lot about it, this is just a summary, we can not take so seriously, the summary of volume 4 taught me that.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:34   Link #19206
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Not that I expect for there to be much focus on that since the heroes are bound to be too occupied to properly attend the festival.
Maybe except for Hamazura since he is a drop-out The guy's got enough free time to get some action .

Quote:
That would be obvious huh... But I don't know... My gut tells me that the strongest 'enemy' might not be literal...

Heh, maybe the strongest 'enemy' is actually meant for the girls .
Its for both... don't need to be Sherlock to deduce that.

Meanwhile on the festival...
Fiamma: This is an interesting place (never thought inside this place people will have a fullfilling life)
Ollerus: Don't worry, you still have plenty of things to see of this world (I wish Silvia could enjoy this fun too)
*A random kid appears and trips over Fiamma*
Fiamma: Sorry, let me... eh...
Touma: Don't worry I can lend you a hand (this guy maybe kind of shy, eh?)... oh wait.
Ollerus: Pfffttt!
Fiamma: FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! *third arm appears*
Old 2012-08-03, 12:04   Link #19207
desrtsku
Nympholept

Is it me or there's been a lot of Yaoi jokes lately?

hmm, ... what?! So everything was actually real (including that MikotoXawaki pic >.>)?!! I wasn't dreaming?! \(°w°)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
I dread that Othinus will come face to face with Accelerator and proceed to break him. Then Fridge-kun comes to the rescue, yaoi, etc.
No thanks, I don't think I have enough loli prn mags left to rewrite my memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
This is the best news I've heard all week
Probably mine too, and I've heard many things this week ... from the most spoiling spoilers to some anime projects of my favourite illustrator's works. meh

Quote:
With [Progressive] and [New Testament] released at the same time, October is really going to be the clash of the Titans- Any other Light Novel titles would be swept away.

How this would turn out might determine the new King of the Hill
I reckon Sakurasou no pet na kanojo's anime will start airing around that time as well ... but well fodders are fodders, I bet it won't get as much hype as NT and much less Progressive for various reasons. Poor thing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
considering that Touma was saved by Fiamma and Ollerus, and from what I could understand the summary Touma returned to the Academy City, then there is a great chance to see these two monsters having fun at the festival.
Oh yeah, I can picture them d- ... err, no I can't, I'm still a bit dizzy there.
Old 2012-08-03, 16:41   Link #19208
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Huh, so if Ollerus is gonna be coming to AC there might be a chance meeting with Mr. Guts
Old 2012-08-03, 16:45   Link #19209
tsunade666

What's Progressive?

I just pass by to visit and I saw the confirmation for NT 5. Good news indeed.
Old 2012-08-03, 16:54   Link #19210
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
A new enemy would be really cool, but the way it says "that completely denies him" makes me think it's Othinus. I guess it depends if it means denies him physically or spiritually. We all know that Othinus's power means that she beats Touma every time due to his misfortune. And we already know that she has business in Academy City.
An enemy that completely denies Touma. The completely part is what bothers me, I don't think it applies that well to Othinus... Maybe someone makes an "angel fall"-like spell that erases Touma from everyone's memory. Though in a fight against Gremlin, it could help him more than hurt him.

Aw well, like someone else said, we can't put much into the summaries... they tend to be half teasing half trolling.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:00   Link #19211
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Maybe something to do with the 2nd Death?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-08-03, 17:18   Link #19212
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It sounds to me like a new enemy, not something already on verge of losing.
And the summary nearly sounds like the Gremlin already lost.. (Touma back in AC)

Plus if js06 makes exact translations, we can deduce (from english grammar) that "An ultimate enemy" is refering to something new, not defined before.
It could be the other way around- Touma is back in AC because he knows (Through Fiemma and Ollerus) thats where Gremlin is going to strike next.

I mean come on, Gremlin hasn't lost a single key player/object in any of their previous engagement yet- no way they're on the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

I reckon Sakurasou no pet na kanojo's anime will start airing around that time as well ... but well fodders are fodders, I bet it won't get as much hype as NT and much less Progressive for various reasons. Poor thing ...
Quite Frankly with a few exceptional titles from other publications, Dengeki tends to wipe the floor with the competitions. In this case even those that didn't get sweep away by Index vs SAO, there is still GENESIS and C3 ( <- yeah I'm bias) to pick off the stragglers.

Unless of course suddenly there's a Haruhi announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What's Progressive?

I just pass by to visit and I saw the confirmation for NT 5. Good news indeed.
Sword Art Online: Progressive.

It's a reboot of the story from what I understand.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:32   Link #19213
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I really hope to see more of Necessarius, compared with the first volumes of the Old Testament, NT has been focusing more on science. (In my opinion the third volume has focused more on technology than on magic)
Old 2012-08-03, 17:55   Link #19214
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

During my dance of pleasure concerning an exit of new volume I was visited by thought.

Children who study according to the program of espers, are on drugs. Why they don't grow dependence?
Old 2012-08-03, 18:42   Link #19215
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
During my dance of pleasure concerning an exit of new volume I was visited by thought.

Children who study according to the program of espers, are on drugs. Why they don't grow dependence?
There are loads of different kinds of drugs in the world.

Not all of them are addictive, nor do they have to be continuously taken.

Even if some of the drugs used in the Esper process do inspire addiction, in a City of Science, I imagine they have methods to control such things.
Old 2012-08-03, 18:45   Link #19216
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
There are loads of different kinds of drugs in the world.

Not all of them are addictive, nor do they have to be continuously taken.

Even if some of the drugs used in the Esper process do inspire addiction, in a City of Science, I imagine they have methods to control such things.
Yes... It is true. I think, they also didn't bring a lot of damage to students thanks to scientists
Old 2012-08-03, 18:51   Link #19217
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
Yes... It is true. I think, they also didn't bring a lot of damage to students thanks to scientists
Not strictly true.

At the end of the day, the scientists are experimenting on these kids.

As Railgun showed, these experiments don't always end well.

I imagine that when things go south in tests, it all gets swept under the rug.
Old 2012-08-03, 20:04   Link #19218
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I really hope to see more of Necessarius, compared with the first volumes of the Old Testament, NT has been focusing more on science. (In my opinion the third volume has focused more on technology than on magic)
I agree, I want to know what Laura's up to. Plus it will mean more Kanzaki and Itsuwa.
Old 2012-08-03, 20:27   Link #19219
Saishy

A new enemy that completely deny Touma?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-03, 21:24   Link #19220
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

The easiest definition of an enemy that denies Touma is an enemy on which his ability to preaching isn't applicable (as in, someone that doesn't do questionable things from a moral point of view). After al the true form of Touma's battles is simply him pushing the enemy into them knowing that they are wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen