Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 22:29   Link #7721
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
So in return you fill their mail servers with trash as well? Very constructive way of thinking you got there.
Wasn't thinking of being constructive at all. :] Furthermore, I actually gave them a relevant response detailing why this response was not only not helpful, but counterproductive which is far more than they gave me. Now hold off on the sarcasm in this thread as that is my job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well....

They probably have you blacklisted as a troublemaker or cronic complainer, if your posts here are any indication of your love-hate relationship with Blizzard.
Well, at least that's something right?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-04-30 at 22:41.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:40   Link #7722
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Blizzard customer support:
"Hey guys! We have got yet another tsundere on our hands!"
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:00   Link #7723
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It's not like I post so much in this thread because I want to.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-05-02, 01:10   Link #7724
Alaya
Counter Force

It's now official.

KesPa has accepted SC2 as an official game for KesPa, and the next Proleague will be a mix between BW and SC2, and the after that will transition completely to SC2. OGN will host SC2 individual league in the future, while current BW players will play in GSL in the future too.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 01:12   Link #7725
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

That's really nice to hear, at least. We can finally move on to the future, though the loss of BW will be a sad sight. Nothing has been able to match that viewing experience yet.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-05-02, 01:46   Link #7726
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I simply cannot wait til I see Flash playing sc2...
Hopefully JD will have his mind cleared and swap over as well.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:53   Link #7727
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Now I remembered why I disliked Naniwa so much (aside from his self-centered-ness) is his incompetence in adapting to the opponent. He just got owned by MVP like he got owned by Leenock.

Blindly macro cheesing with ridiculously greedy opening and hardly defended than any one-base play. But yeeee welcome back MVP maybe he doesn't need wrist surgery

He's taking the game too much for granted. The metagame shift to FE doesn't mean Roach ruch, 3 rax and 4 gate doesn't exist anymore. Who defends their base with 1 cannon and not scout their opponent -.-"
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:14   Link #7728
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Well, the FFE vs terran is actually pretty new in PvT metagame. On emtombed valley he smelled something really fishy with his probe (too many marines) but was a bit too greedy (maybe he did not expect SCVs to be pulled). The making of that sentry and its FF placement is a little questionable: I would prob have FFed off the cannon to prevent SCVs from adding extra or used it to hold the ramp while I add in more gateways.

Game 4, upon seeing the proxy 2 rax I feel that naniwa could have done a much much better job holding that off as well. That one injured stalker outside could have just walked into MVP's base and kill off the remainder of SCVs. One stalker died as soon as it was made and that was critical to his eventual loss.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:55   Link #7729
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

What's a standard FFE? I always make 2 cannons. I also leave a worker at the ramp outside of the Zerg/Terran's nat. Roaches/mass lings/marauder means +2 cannons wall bottom of ramp completely with a pylon and one of those additional cannons. I'm a diamond random. Because of my race, I don't have time to learn specific builds and I just wing most of my games with whatever composition I feel like.

Wow PartinG destroyed Oz. Didn't expect it to be that one sided.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:27   Link #7730
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Well, the FFE vs terran is actually pretty new in PvT metagame. On emtombed valley he smelled something really fishy with his probe (too many marines) but was a bit too greedy (maybe he did not expect SCVs to be pulled). The making of that sentry and its FF placement is a little questionable: I would prob have FFed off the cannon to prevent SCVs from adding extra or used it to hold the ramp while I add in more gateways.

Game 4, upon seeing the proxy 2 rax I feel that naniwa could have done a much much better job holding that off as well. That one injured stalker outside could have just walked into MVP's base and kill off the remainder of SCVs. One stalker died as soon as it was made and that was critical to his eventual loss.
Wait, didn't NaNiwa go Nexus first in the second set and died horribly to SCV all-in? I would not say Nexus first is a current metagame right now :P

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:48   Link #7731
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Nexus first with forge is fine vs 1 or even 2 rax without the SCVs. Naniwa did not expect MVP to pull scvs and handled it poorly (still on 1 gate, did not pull probes in time, etc). Nexus first is not too uncommon (esp on daybreak).

In a TvT a terran who goes 1 rax FE would too die to a hidden 3rax/proxy 2rax (marauder rush)/proxy rax+factory (hellions deny repair on depot).

I remember a long time ago when 1 base was "standard" as people are still trying to figure out how to expand. These cheese/allins I see as a reality check on the greediness that we have dangerously assumed to be safe. Just as Naniwa expect MVP to play a macro game, MVP assumed the same from Naniwa and did all-in/cheeses. Had Naniwa done something different such as 1gate expo/4 gate/1 gate robo, I feel that MVP would have lost the game horribly.

Now Oz: what was that guy smoking? Nexus first in PvP... proxy his dark shrine in the natural... -_-
Old 2012-05-02, 17:12   Link #7732
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Now Oz: what was that guy smoking? Nexus first in PvP... proxy his dark shrine in the natural... -_-
Next up: PROXY NEXUS RUSH KEKEKE

Yeah I felt the same. What MVP did seemed like standard 2010 playstyle and a naniwa just shows how pro's aren't actually god-like that they aren't scared of that kind of play, he's just taking for granted that it doesn't happen anymore. Which is kind of the sad difference between Ladder and Pro-level 1v1. Ladder is full of weird shit that I'm sure a good chunk of code S players don't prepare for.

They rely too much on player history like "you don't seem like a 1-baser".

Since Parting doesn't have to face Naniwa anymore, I think he has a high chance of taking Champion title. I feel like he has the most favoured matches this entire season. As in he got all the MU's he's good at, or terrible players. It's funny the TeamLiquid admin said Oz > Parting 3:0

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-05-02 at 22:42.
Old 2012-05-03, 11:28   Link #7733
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Hero onto Ro4!
I want to see
Parting > MVP

I am fine with either hero or squirtle winning. Squirtle winning will secure a GSL champion for ST (after they got denied of GSTL championship). Hero winning will grant Liquid a chance to bring home the GSL trophy.

In other news, Liquid is going to be their own team in the next GSTL: I don't think that is a very good idea as the other liquid players such as Jinro and TLO may just not be able to compete with the koreans (and I am not sure if Ret is going as I consider Ret to be the strongest of all TL foreign players). They might just be the next Airforce ACE there to pad the bottom of the foodchain...
Old 2012-05-03, 11:31   Link #7734
Who

I'd rather see MVP > Parting. As imbalanced as the matchup may be, a TvP finals sounds more enticing than a PvP finals.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:02   Link #7735
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Liquid's roster will get slaughtered at GSTL

I expect PartinG > MVP, not particularly wanting either to be eliminated. I don't mind mirrors as much as I did back in 2011. PvP is fine for me now (Unless you nexus first =.=")

I want to see Hero win because I'm a Liquid patriot xD But it's a tough call.
Old 2012-05-03, 12:29   Link #7736
Alaya
Counter Force

Oh please, no PvP finals T T. LG-IMMVP fightingggggg!!!

Old 2012-05-03, 12:31   Link #7737
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

You guys have a point, pvp finals will prob suck a lot. GOM would have to put in a lot of filler content.

I really want parting>MVP though... I guess I can cheer for Taeja.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:14   Link #7738
Who

Spoiler for Last night's matches, Taeja:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:19   Link #7739
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Spoiler for Last night's matches, Taeja:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-07, 12:13   Link #7740
Alaya
Counter Force

Finally!!!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/536...-5_7_2012#blog

Quote:

Developer Update with Production Director Chris Sigaty
by Chris Sigaty
May 7, 2012 9:00 AM PDT

Greetings fellow StarCraft II players! The past couple weeks have been amazing for the StarCraft II community. At the Dreamhack Open we saw the Swedish "Spoon Terran," Thorzain, triumph over GSL champion Polt in front of a hometown crowd in an amazing series. That same weekend, the Major League Gaming Spring Arena finals went to best of 7 games to see DongRaeGu victorious against MarineKing, avenging a loss in the Winter Championship. Looking ahead, Team Liquid StarLeague 4 was just announced here and is already getting a lot of excitement from the community. And finally, we have exciting news coming out of Korea as KeSPA and OnGameNet commit to all-new StarCraft II leagues, joining GomTV's GSL and GSTL to create an all-new StarCraft II eSports landscape. Add all of that to the 2012 Blizzard World Championship Series, and the StarCraft II community is already off to an epic 2012 in what could be the most exciting eSports year yet.

In the midst of all this great community news, we want to announce some of the exciting things we’re working on this year for StarCraft II. Here's a list of some of the features we are planning to release at or around the launch of Heart of the Swarm:

Multiplayer resume from replay
Global Play
Multilanguage support
Clan/group system
Unranked matchmaking
Multiplayer replay viewing

Let's go into more detail on each of these, starting with multiplayer resume functionality. We know how important eSports is for the StarCraft II community, and it’s important to us too. For some time now we have been discussing ways to improve StarCraft II to ensure that tournaments both large and small run as smoothly as possible. While we are discussing many different improvements, we've heard your feedback and are creating a way that games can be continued if they are ended prematurely during an eSports event. We have been investigating solutions to this issue for some time, but we expect to offer the ability to resume play from a replay at or around the launch of Heart of the Swarm.
Some of you may have read details about Diablo III Global Play, which will allow Diablo III players to create characters in different regions from their home region so they can play with friends in other parts of the world. We know this is something StarCraft II players have been asking for, and we’re working hard to make it available along with multilanguage support, at or around the release of Heart of the Swarm. We’ll have information as we get closer to Heart of the Swarm’s release.

We continue to read your passionate requests for clan support. We can confirm that we are building a clan/group system that will be released with Heart of the Swarm. We also intend to have our first version of unranked play so you will have the ability to match-make against like-skilled players without having to affect your ladder ranking while you practice off-race or experiment with a new build order.

We'll also be offering a beta sneak peek of Heart of the Swarm to attendees of the MLG Spring Championship on June 8–10 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Additionally, we will be releasing news in the next few weeks about how your participation in the upcoming Arcade (1.5) beta can win you chances to get into the upcoming Heart of the Swarm multiplayer beta test.

It’s shaping up to be an amazing year for StarCraft II. Can you believe that Flash will soon be competing in StarCraft II? Before we sign off, we wanted to call attention to a newly created StarCraft II magazine, GLHF magazine, created by a passionate group of StarCraft players. The first issue features some high production quality in our opinion and is well worth checking out. See you online!
The StarCraft II Team

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows