AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-11, 15:26   Link #16221
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The closest time he was to going emo was before memory loss when Stiyl told him he was useless to save Index on Vol.1 and the time when Fiamma told him Index knows about his memory loss on Vol.20 but on both situation Touma did overcome them very fast so I doubt something like that will happen again unless something really BIG happens to the persons he is trying to protect.
Hopefully you're right. But you see, he is currently being a bit over dramatic with all the "I'm the one responsible for all the bad things that happen" and "I don't deserve to rest, or have a home or have allies" and yada yada... I think that train of thought could lead to a place a far worse than the situations you mentioned.

Honestly, after trying to shock Touma time after time for no reason, Mikoto should do it now that there's actually a good one
Old 2012-01-11, 15:33   Link #16222
tsunade666

You know it's actually a good thing or lesson for Touma to look at the other side of the people he saved. His been pretty optimistic lately or rather he just do what ever he wants. Just like what Index said. Touma just saved somebody because he likes to. But That's all there is to Touma. He didn't look at the after effects of the people he saved or changed their lives. And with the current event. He did saved a country but the same time he ended up loosing something. A good lesson to someone who always ended up saving everyone. It's not like you can save everybody >.> Touma reminds me of Shiro. Now that his starting to regret something. He reminds me of Shiro after becoming a guardian and starting to really save people. Shiro might sacrifice himself to make his ideals the truth but ended up getting betrayed by it but Touma is different. He DID save peoples lives without sacrificing. And it's all too good to be true. Though you can say that the sacrifice are the people he beat but he also ended up changing their lives for the best. His life is just too perfect for my taste. A perfect hero indeed no wonder Accel and Hamazura looks up to him even though they themselves are hero. But now the Hero that everyone looks up to had finally done a mistake. No one was perfect about time for some regret and despair or a plain reality check on Kamijou Touma's side.
Old 2012-01-11, 16:50   Link #16223
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Finally made a mistake? That's not exactly true, way back in volume 7 he handed an innocent girl into the hands of her captors because he had trusted them.

No, what makes this so much more personal is that for the first time he had taken the initiative to be a part of this mission, and not that he was caught up in the middle again. And now he doesn't know how to fix it. Or Maybe it also partly because he had experience a war with his own eyes, he's now even more conscious about being use to start a second one.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:22   Link #16224
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Finally made a mistake? That's not exactly true, way back in volume 7 he handed an innocent girl into the hands of her captors because he had trusted them.

No, what makes this so much more personal is that for the first time he had taken the initiative to be a part of this mission, and not that he was caught up in the middle again. And now he doesn't know how to fix it. Or Maybe it also partly because he had experience a war with his own eyes, he's now even more conscious about being use to start a second one.
I have to agree with this. Touma made plenty of mistakes in the past, but he corrected them later. The main difference now is that Touma is now actively seeking to get involved instead of it all crashing down on him suddenly. Regardless if Touma takes action or not, he will inevitably be involved, so its better to take action.

Well...about war. It is often true that people who have witnessed war for the first, change somehow. Whether its their outlook on life, regrets in the war or both.

Either way, Touma's not the type to stay depressed for long.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:34   Link #16225
Flere821
Lurker

@topic of Touma being dense: at times like these what the girl/s in question needs to do is to just go and slap him with the bare facts and kiss him to convey her feelings. Shame most of the girl/s in question are tsundere/kuudere and never does that to solve the issue.

Going as far as what Mr.Scandal suggested though is not advisable
Old 2012-01-11, 22:29   Link #16226
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
@topic of Touma being dense: at times like these what the girl/s in question needs to do is to just go and slap him with the bare facts and kiss him to convey her feelings. Shame most of the girl/s in question are tsundere/kuudere and never does that to solve the issue.

Going as far as what Mr.Scandal suggested though is not advisable
I remember a friend telling me "Hinata from Naruto did confess her feeling to him but the guy has his mind so busy dealing with a war and trying to save people, beasts and a former friend that the answer probably will come for the end of the series".

Despite comparing Naruto and Touma can seem sooo wrong they share a similar goal , so isn't that difficult to see an answer for the final of Toaru Majutsu no Index series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Well...about war. It is often true that people who have witnessed war for the first, change somehow. Whether its their outlook on life, regrets in the war or both.
What I found hilarious was that Touma wasn't there to see the horrors that a war can bring along with it can he ever say he was unlucky, Fiamma had in mind all of that from the war and probably thats why he lacked the confidence needed for his powers, on the other hand Touma.... well, people can be happy with their ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Either way, Touma's not the type to stay depressed for long.
This, I think Mikoto did make assumptions about Touma too fast, the Misawa Cram School Incident when he discovered all the students were dead already before the whole clash and the guilt he felt when he handed Orsola to the enemies, the descriptions about his feeling were clear to me while in the epilogue were just from her POV.
Old 2012-01-12, 04:50   Link #16227
Eratas123

Random Question: Are people forbidden from leaving Academy city ome they're inside or something? Level 0's seem to complain a lot and even get into gangs, but none of them try to leave if they think they won't level up? If they're school dropouts then it's obvious that they gave up on trying to study to improve.
Old 2012-01-12, 05:46   Link #16228
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Random Question: Are people forbidden from leaving Academy city ome they're inside or something? Level 0's seem to complain a lot and even get into gangs, but none of them try to leave if they think they won't level up? If they're school dropouts then it's obvious that they gave up on trying to study to improve.

Consider this; if you live in a first world country- State of the art technology, top of the line medical care, excellent infrastructure, no matter how shitty your life is would you ever pack up to go back to a 2nd or 3rd world country? Because that's the difference between Academy City and the rest of the world.

P.S - Oh yeah, that- and they're not allow to leave freely... Sure you could do it- But it involves alot of paperwork and possible a tracker injected underneath your skin so that they can keep track of your whereabouts in case you run to America, Russia, or China...
Old 2012-01-12, 13:39   Link #16229
Twi

Quote:
Basically, yeah.
Once you're modified to become an Esper, you aren't allowed to leave freely. Think about it, we've seen how far some countries are willing to go to get Supernatural powers, like the Liberal Arts SS and the Gemstones. Level 0 or not, they would crack open your head to take a look at how AC modified it or get a DNA map.

You can sign a crap load of paperwork to get to leave for a little while, but believe me, they will send a team to retrieve your body, dead or alive.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:31   Link #16230
Eratas123

Life as an esper doesn't seem that great The parameter list just makes things worse.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:35   Link #16231
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Life as an esper doesn't seem that great The parameter list just makes things worse.
If the general public of students knew about the parameter list there would be alot of problems and since the minority of the students are minors they don't have a say
Old 2012-01-12, 18:51   Link #16232
Eratas123

Kinda makes you wonder what'll happen to Academy City by the time the series ends.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:09   Link #16233
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I don't care about Academy City. I'm more concerned about the millions of "freaks" they'll leave out.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:20   Link #16234
Eratas123

Most likely they'll stay in some kind of New/Better Academy City. If Aleister goes down, Heaven Canceller can take his place and it'll most likely be better than being under the leadership of a troll.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:46   Link #16235
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Most likely they'll stay in some kind of New/Better Academy City. If Aleister goes down, Heaven Canceller can take his place and it'll most likely be better than being under the leadership of a troll.
HC did found AC with Aleister. That or some great event will revert every esper and magician back to being normal.
Old 2012-01-12, 20:04   Link #16236
Eratas123

Back to normal? That'll be a wham ending to the series Still, it does sound plausible.
Old 2012-01-12, 20:05   Link #16237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nobody's forcing anyone to join.

Quote:
A nicer person doesn't always make for a better Leader.

And If Academy City crashes and burns here's what's going to happen- Every other Nation is going to want to get their hands on their technology and that includes the Espers. They'll probably be capture and dragged overseas to be experimented over and over. Radical Magicians might want to kill them off to prevent the spread of Science power or just control them for themselves.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:21   Link #16238
Eratas123

^ That's pretty dark That'll make for a pretty shocking swerve if that happens.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:51   Link #16239
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^ That's pretty dark That'll make for a pretty shocking swerve if that happens.
That's why I don't understand why some people want to get rid of Aleister and Academy City, don't they know what would happen without them? You want to replace Crowley you damn sure better hope the person you put in charge can fend off the rest of the world.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:22   Link #16240
Eratas123

The series seems to become more grey as it goes on. Crowley might be a necessary evil to keep Academy City going, but he fully allows things like the Level 6 experiments and the parameter list along with the fact that his plans are unknown. Likewise, the main ally of the good guys right now is Bridway who's no saint herself.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen