AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 08:14   Link #141
kitten320

This episode seems to bemore fun, can't wait for subs.

Haven't seen preview but I expect some good action next week

Also... Saito cooking? That is one un-expected image
Old 2010-04-11, 09:31   Link #142
hoofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah they're clearly horns we see on her head, and now i'm seriously worried. I don't want to see Chizuru go down that path.
I've seen the pix of her and what's-his-name blonde guy with the horns - but I was assuming that was more metaphorical, since I was thinking that the whole failed soldiers business is more scientific-related rather than supernatural.

I'm going to stop making assumptions and really just watch it for the pretty faces afterall.
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:38   Link #143
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Looking at the pictures brings something to mind...shall we expect any possible deaths of one or more of the main Shinsengumi? Chizuru is found to cry in the ED...don't know but I think it may be a possibility.

EDIT: Looking through the OP, I just noticed Chizuru's shadow (at least I think it's hers)...there are horns?
I guess we'll find out if she's a demon or not as the series continues. Scientific info is based on something. Maybe Chizuru or another relative of Chizuru was the basis for the experiment and that's how they got to that point with the failed guys.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:40   Link #144
Haladflire65
*Artist

Pretty decent second episode, and I'm happy we'll get to see some action next week

Hijikata-san and Saito-san are waaay too pretty
Old 2010-04-11, 10:07   Link #145
kitten320

So far I like Saito the most^^
Old 2010-04-11, 10:22   Link #146
hoofy

^ ... and he has that stern house-wife charm.
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 13:05   Link #147
kitten320

Haha yeh, I still can't believe that he was cooking.
Old 2010-04-11, 13:27   Link #148
OkamiNoKaze

Well watched episode 1, I rather liked it, I got the Kenshin vibe from it as well. The opening reminded me of Samurai 7 though. Yeah it was weird they didn't pick up she was a girl from the first conversation with her, I found it weird that a couple of them refered to her as "her" or "she" but the others still referred to her as "The boy" I thought maybe there was sub error at first.
Old 2010-04-11, 13:48   Link #149
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Hijikata-san and Saito-san are waaay too pretty
THIS.

Saito...cooking This I must see!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra
HOLY SWISS CHEESE!! Zu Ra...I love you~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:46   Link #150
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
...I found it weird that a couple of them referred to her as "her" or "she" but the others still referred to her as "The boy" I thought maybe there was sub error at first.
The Japanese doesn't specify, and different subbers make different guesses as to which gender different speakers think she is at different times. Confusing, to say the least.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 15:20   Link #151
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Yeah they're clearly horns we see on her head, and now i'm seriously worried. I don't want to see Chizuru go down that path.
Well, if I understand you right, having horns doesn't mean she'll become evil or anything. Maybe she'll still be the cute ol' Chizuru we'll always adore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
THIS.

Saito...cooking This I must see!

Edit:

HOLY SWISS CHEESE!! Zu Ra...I love you~
LOL. I think Saito has just won you over. But I agree, I have to see Saito cooking...a lefthander AND a cook? He's just made of win. All we need now is for him to smile. :O

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 15:36   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well, if I understand you right, having horns doesn't mean she'll become evil or anything. Maybe she'll still be the cute ol' Chizuru we'll always adore.
I'm worried because i can see this horns meaning something bad is going to happen to her down the line, and that's what i don't want to see. She's far to adorable to see experience such a thing.
Old 2010-04-11, 17:08   Link #153
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I'm worried because i can see this horns meaning something bad is going to happen to her down the line, and that's what i don't want to see. She's far to adorable to see experience such a thing.
Ah, I understand. Yeah, well, her crying in the ED scene is a good indication that hardship is definitely ahead of her.

Spoiler for blushing Saito:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-11, 18:52   Link #154
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Since Kajika is one of my favorite characters ever, I feel I have to say something. But I do see what you mean. What I actually really loved was the purity of that complete inner confidence. Very like a leopard, lol.

Kajika's conflict was between the simplicity of her own character and the complexity of the outer world. And that did help her grow, it seemed to me. But that show was not aiming to produce tension, anyway, made for a younger audience as it was. I noticed in one episode where they could easily and logically have ended at a cliffhanger, but purposely resolved the tension before the episode ended. Personally, this doesn't bother me, but I get why it should.
Ah, that's a good point about its target audience. I didn't think about that aspect -- but this seems countervailing to the issue of Carl's sexuality (I don't know how the show resolves yet -- will probably finish the series when I have time.) But I could be very wrong and maybe presentment of sexuality at certain ages is a cultural thing. I understand what you mean about the complexity of the external world v. simplicity of her character -- but I don't understand how this could help someone grow when that person's growth is already at its apex when we meet her. Everything is just so clear to her.

Quote:
EDIT: Looking through the OP, I just noticed Chizuru's shadow (at least I think it's hers)...there are horns?
Wow, good catch. It also seems from the OP and the end of Ep 1 that there's some sort of disease (probably turns them into demons) and the red vial may play a role in either curing or at least keeping the disease at bay. Def. think it ties in with her father. And I do think it is her too -- if we can judge by eye color.

I love the opening song so much and the ending theme a lot as well. I see from the info here that the ED is by Mao -- is there more to her name? It's hard to search for an artist on google whose name is just Mao. Is it Mao Abe?

I can't wait until the OST comes out. I really want it on my ipod now but turning mp4 into mp3 is sadly not my forte.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 19:42   Link #155
andromeda0201

Wait.... I always thought that the girl in the picture was not Chizuru but another female character yet to be introduced, since they were showing a few of them consecutively and Chizuru was only shown at the last few seconds of the opening theme.

Or is it supposed to be some sort of game spoiler?
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:14   Link #156
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Wait.... I always thought that the girl in the picture was not Chizuru but another female character yet to be introduced,
Hard to know for sure, but I think it is Chizuru. There is also an as yet unintroduced woman (much older) who is shown later in the OP.

Regarding the horns, I'm guessing it is related to the "failed soldiers", but might not mean she becomes one. Just to throw a wild theory out there: in episode 1, the Shinsengumi contemplated the possibility that Chizuru has knowledge related to the "failed soldiers", probably through her father. If they believe her father is responsible for creating the "failed soldiers", she is basically spawn of a demon. From this perspective the horns represent the mistrust that the Shinsengumi have in her.

I'm really just trying to point out that we don't have enough info to go on. As Sherlock Holmes said, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Unfortunately we do not have enough information to disprove much at this time. Or rather, theories based solely on the first episode have shaky foundations.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:31   Link #157
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Its a different Mao, the CD will be out on 21st April . Some more info on her . (Source)

Quote:

Japanese female singer / Peak A Soul + member / Kanagawa Prefecture / A type. Has been known for singing the theme song of video games and anime . The other activities are also being conducted lyrics, Koharu Kusumi Tamaki Narumi and has participated as a chorus in songs such as Shoko Nakagawa . In addition to solo activities, and units of St. Anse "cocue (cuckoo)" that we live as well as activities .

@WMB here is the image in all its glory had to crop it while posting .

@MikaMiaka you could go the roundabout way of Converting Mp4 to Avi and then MP3 . But Done ^^
Old 2010-04-11, 23:13   Link #158
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Wait.... I always thought that the girl in the picture was not Chizuru but another female character yet to be introduced, since they were showing a few of them consecutively and Chizuru was only shown at the last few seconds of the opening theme.

Or is it supposed to be some sort of game spoiler?
It is Chizuru. There are two other female characters introduced in the OP, one young girl and an older woman.

But it is this picture (shown below) in the ED that makes we wonder about something. Is that girl shown in the background with Okita another new girl or is that Chizuru? She wears the same outfit that Chizuru wears in the OP pic I posted earlier but her face doesn't look like Chizuru's. If that's Chizuru...then is that a strong indication of a possible romance with Okita? I personally think it's a different girl and not Chizuru...but then that makes me question the similar outfit.

Spoiler for cute Chizuru for Chizu fans :D:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-12, 02:25   Link #159
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Saito-kun cooking... I knew that this lefthanded guy has potentials from the very beginning...Come on now Saito a pretty little smile for me????
Old 2010-04-12, 02:48   Link #160
andromeda0201

Quote:
But it is this picture in the ED that makes we wonder about something. Is that girl shown in the background with Okita another new girl or is that Chizuru? She wears the same outfit that Chizuru wears in the OP pic I posted earlier but her face doesn't look like Chizuru's. If that's Chizuru...then is that a strong indication of a possible romance with Okita? I personally think it's a different girl and not Chizuru...but then that makes me question the similar outfit.
Yup, thats my point, I basically thought there were 3 more supporting female characters and those 2 shots you mentioned, supposed to be the same female character.
One innocent as showed in the OP and the other..well... seemingly her devious and seductive side as shown in the ED. Never thought that character had anything to do with Chizuru even though their character designs look very alike which often happens in anime anyway.

I'll have to say though, that if Chizuru turns out to be like that, it would be very interesting indeed.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi