AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-14, 22:11   Link #41
Snuffle
likes cute things

Currently there are speculations that this is going to be one of the map room thingy. I really hope not, that would be lame... I would like it if this was available for all difficulties as well as it being an expansion of act 2. Maybe make it only available after Dominus is killed? I dunno, I'm still pretty much a newbie, only been playing a month... My highest char is just 66.
Old 2014-02-14, 22:18   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Currently there are speculations that this is going to be one of the map room thingy. I really hope not, that would be lame... I would like it if this was available for all difficulties as well as it being an expansion of act 2. Maybe make it only available after Dominus is killed? I dunno, I'm still pretty much a newbie, only been playing a month... My highest char is just 66.
They are planning for a new expansion every 4 months. You can't expect the expansions to be large at that release speed.
Old 2014-02-14, 23:19   Link #43
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Never actually left; been having lots of fun with Viper Strike+Melee Splash, along with Fire Trap+Multiple Traps+Fire Penetration.

Oh, and I might as well leave their promo poster here:

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...f_the_Vaal.jpg
That sounds like a crazy build, is that on the ranger?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-24 at 01:35.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 00:03   Link #44
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Currently there are speculations that this is going to be one of the map room thingy. I really hope not, that would be lame...
Not quite; it is specifically noted that new content will find its way into the larger world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
That sounds like a crazy build, is that on the ranger?
Nope; duelist. High attack speed (nearly 3.5 strikes per second) with lots of DoT (VS ignores shields; the traps ignore about 1/4 of their victims' fire resistance)
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 00:04   Link #45
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
They are planning for a new expansion every 4 months. You can't expect the expansions to be large at that release speed.
I never said anything about it being large, I just don't want it in the map room. It would feel like an "extra" rather than part of the actual world. And I'm guessing having it through all difficulties would be fairly simple, since all they need to do is adjust the monster levels while copying and pasting the rest.

Quote:
Not quite; it is specifically noted that new content will find its way into the larger world...
Oh that's good to hear, I wonder where in the world though.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:49   Link #46
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Nope; duelist. High attack speed (nearly 3.5 strikes per second) with lots of DoT (VS ignores shields; the traps ignore about 1/4 of their victims' fire resistance)
Sounds neat, need to try out more builds, since I started playing I stuck with 3 builds. I am so boring So much variation and I stick to spark and lightning strike builds.
Old 2014-02-15, 12:57   Link #47
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Oh that's good to hear, I wonder where in the world though.
A logical nexus - though not the only place, I imagine - would be the Vaal ruins in Act 2... Related: it should be interesting to see how this spreading corruption is handled in terms of game mechanics.

Quote:
Sounds neat, need to try out more builds...
Aside from Viper Strike and Fire Trap, the offensive skills are Cleave and Double Strike, both supported by Life Gain on Hit; Vulnerability of course helps everything (cursed tangos take 1.3x physical damage, and 1.4x from any DoT).

For mobility, Leap Slam was pretty much a no-brainer (there's no reason the goatmen should be the only ones able to hop up and down cliffs), though I've been experimenting with Smoke Mine... the latter is also fun, but requires a touch more planning to use effectively.
Old 2014-02-16, 23:39   Link #48
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I personally think the mini xpac is a way for poe to bracer itself against D3, thus I do not expect it to happen often...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 06:14   Link #49
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I personally think the mini xpac is a way for poe to bracer itself against D3, thus I do not expect it to happen often...
PoE doesn't really need to do anything against D3, it's still 10x the better game even with the D3 expansion.
Old 2014-02-17, 11:54   Link #50
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
PoE doesn't really need to do anything against D3, it's still 10x the better game even with the D3 expansion.
Yup, just what I was going to say. More news tomorrow about the mini expansion.
Old 2014-02-22, 01:00   Link #51
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...sotv_scope.jpg

Going to be awesome, going to start playing tomorrow or later today again get up to speed ready for this new content.
A Free for all arena sounds bad ass!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-24 at 01:34.
Old 2014-02-22, 15:29   Link #52
Firefly00

Quote:
Going to be awesome...
Interesting, at the least.

From this video, we can surmise the following:
  • corruption changes the behavior of skill gems (here, Cyclone has you attack in place while pulling all nearby enemies to you); and
  • its effect on the world seems to be the random additions of portals to optional side areas which themselves act like maps
Also surprised that the revelation of the infamous queen's current(?) appearance hasn't spawned at least one nod to the original Total Recall in the relevant forum threads...

Now I'm curious as to whether GGG has considered that some players might find it better to be at the queen's right hand than in her path. Recall, if you will, the bandit chiefs in Act 2...
Old 2014-02-23, 22:33   Link #53
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah I guess I could be overhyping it, I do tend to do that a lot
I have trust in GGG that it will be pretty big this mini-expansion.

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...screenshot.jpg
New screenshot from one of the two new leagues announced, this is from the ambush league.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-24 at 01:29.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:39   Link #54
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please stop posting huge images directly in threads. You have the option of either using thumbnails or the images tag. Do not try to "hide" images under spoiler tags either. That's just pointless and it doesn't save anyone any space.
Old 2014-02-26, 04:46   Link #55
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Anyone with a level 60 LS (elemental) build could tell me what there dps is? Just curious.
Old 2014-02-27, 23:54   Link #56
Firefly00

And with the press tour over, GGG has seen fit to share some more tidbits...

In the first, the box. This appears to function akin to certain chests in Torchlight 2 in that trying to open it will spawn its guardians, and their defeat serves as the key... the fact that the one shown is called an 'Arcanist's Strongbox' seems to hint that there are different varieties thereof, each with a particular slant in its contents.

Second, the Vaal gem. It appears that these have distinct differences in effect from their Eternal Empire counterparts... for example, this version of Molten Shell seems to function similarly to the 'lightning thorns' employed by Blackguard magi... and are a dual-resource item, requiring souls in addition to mana. 'Souls', I suspect, are a mechanic similar to flask charges.

Next, it appears that they are planning to give implicit type bonuses to armor, much as they already do with weapons and will be doing with quivers.

I can report that Melee Splash is a very good support for Viper Strike. It's quite amusing to get a group to bunch up, drop Vulnerability on them, then give one of them a full dose of VS; the support gem makes sure everyone in close proximity gets to share the love. You could say it's one half of a 'Desolator' build, with Poison Arrow+_MP being the other...
Old 2014-03-03, 08:06   Link #57
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Expantion Press Presentation,
(same presentation but you do get so see a little randomness here, different skillgem there, etc)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/q...al-walkthrough
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/path-.../2300-6417445/
Old 2014-03-03, 09:04   Link #58
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Wonder how much that new armour transaction will be...it looks too good to miss
:/
Old 2014-03-03, 12:54   Link #59
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You referring to the microtransaction armor? You want pants that badly?

Also some PoE humor,

Last edited by felix; 2014-03-03 at 13:06.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:20   Link #60
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Dam right I do! The only reason I stopped playing was because I hit lvl 66 and had some pretty decent gear for my build and I looked like a trash can

Now I can be badass all the time