AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-06-25, 00:54   Link #661
Marcus H.
Secretary By My Side ♥

It's translated by js06, so it should be accurate. I feel that Accel doesn't want to directly kill them (especially after seeing how pathetic they are), and will only do enough to make them stop.

Oh, and Ya-kun seems to be the Frenda counterpart of Scavenger. Aside from that freezing agent, she also has liquid thermite in her arsenal. Of course, it doesn't work.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 248. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 02:59   Link #662
LazyHunter

You know, even though I prefer the current Accelerator who actually knows how to fight and is a lot more careful, I can't deny that the old Accelerator tactic of "standing still and letting Reflect do its work, thus scaring the crap out of the enemy" has an odd charm. It kind of reminds me of Hellsing's Alucard modus operandi, just replace Reflect with Regeneration.

I'm surprised that the Scavengers needed to hear Accelerator's name to recognize him, especially when they knew he was an albino and people go after him all the time. Then again you also have delinquents trying to hit on Mikoto without realizing she's the Railgun. Probably they've only heard stories of Accelerator and never bothered to check what he actually looks like, because what are the odds they would run into him?

It's kind of obvious that their team is an ITEM equivalent since they have an esper with tracking powers, two esper fighters and a member who uses tools and wears a hat.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2015-07-27 at 13:49.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 09:57   Link #663
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Aside from that freezing agent, she also has liquid thermite in her arsenal. Of course, it doesn't work.
actually, it is somehow strange that cold has no affect on him, and it doesnt seems like he really heated anything in order to survive that attack

@lazyhunter
Quote:
even though I prefer the current Accelerator who actually knows how to fight and is a lot more careful, I can't deny that the old Accelerator tactic of "standing still and letting Reflect do its work, thus scaring the crap out of the enemy" has an odd charm.
agree...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 10:19   Link #664
Hiss13
Perverted Submarine 2.0

That was a fun chapter. I definitely got a kick out of Accelerator being a smartass. XD

That being said, am I the only one who feels that the art is actually starting to improve? It's subtle but the art definitely looks better than it did for Chapter 1.
Old 2015-06-25, 10:51   Link #665
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
actually, it is somehow strange that cold has no affect on him, and it doesnt seems like he really heated anything in order to survive that attack
The freezing agent was what they used on the DA member in chapter 13. The thermite reaction on this chapter produces heat.

@Hiss13
It's a bit better, though probably the lack of the black faces that were so common in the first chapter helps.
Old 2015-06-25, 14:57   Link #666
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

It's getting better. Things like art and Accelerator being more like Accelerator have improved.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 15:13   Link #667
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Aww snap. The Scavengers just realized who are they messing with.
Old 2015-06-25, 22:24   Link #668
the one above all

Art is slowly getting better and it was nice to see Classic Accelerator.
Old 2015-06-26, 20:01   Link #669
GotEffed2RageQuit
Hidagyuu. Adorable. Hug.

Location: Akasha Stratum, fighting Ultra Mega Jumbo Golden Tager Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I'm surprised that the Scavengers needed to hear Accelerator's name to recognize him, especially when they knew he was an albino and people go after him all the time. Then again you also have delinquents trying to hit on Mikoto without realizing she's the Railgun. Probably they've only heard stories of Accelerator and never bothered to check what he actually looks like, because what are the odds they would run into him?
But they're on the "dark side". They should at least get a clue in.
Quote:
actually, it is somehow strange that cold has no affect on him, and it doesnt seems like he really heated anything in order to survive that attack .
Heat = radiation, convection = wave, air vectors = child's play
Old 2015-06-27, 05:59   Link #670
LevelSeven

Quote:
The freezing agent was what they used on the DA member in chapter 13. The thermite reaction on this chapter produces heat.
thanks, i thought that since she already showed freezing-stuff that it was the same this time too :/

@goteffet
Quote:
Heat = radiation, convection = wave, air vectors = child's play
if plot doesnt force it, everything is childs play for accel but the amount of oxygen (which was left after the attack in the paper-room) is debattable
Old 2015-06-27, 08:28   Link #671
tsunade666

As long as its countable and not in imaginary numbers. Accelerator can probably deal with it. Unknown variables can't be put easily in his calculations so its hard to control them. Even though he cheated in filtering dark matter.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 09:21   Link #672
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
As long as its countable and not in imaginary numbers. Accelerator can probably deal with it. Unknown variables can't be put easily in his calculations so its hard to control them.
accel was never good in stuff outside of his expertise
Quote:
Even though he cheated in filtering dark matter.
true :/
Old 2015-06-27, 19:01   Link #673
Hiss13
Perverted Submarine 2.0

Quote:
I should have mentioned this earlier but there's a vector known as Heat Flux. Much like with Electric Flux and charge and with Magnetic Flux and current, there is a formula for calculating heat using heat flux vectors using Surface Integrals. As such, he can manipulate Heat despite it being a scalar.

Quote:
@Hiss13
It's a bit better, though probably the lack of the black faces that were so common in the first chapter helps.
That is true. Still, Accelerator is starting to look more closer to how he does in the novels. I think that that's what it is. Still, the art is definitely improving.
Old 2015-07-27, 10:03   Link #674
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Chapter 17 Raws Spoilers:
Old 2015-07-27, 10:25   Link #675
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 17 Raws Spoilers:
Spoiler for chap 17:

"I'll destroy that illusion!"