AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 16:36   Link #61
Asrialys

digi.amuro in the Dubbing thread mentioned that the Bandai Entertainment website is now up. What I find interesting is that under Products, its options include manga and games. I wonder if this means that they'll try to also get the manga and Nintendo DS game.
Old 2007-12-11, 16:43   Link #62
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
digi.amuro in the Dubbing thread mentioned that the Bandai Entertainment website is now up. What I find interesting is that under Products, its options include manga and games. I wonder if this means that they'll try to also get the manga and Nintendo DS game.
ANN reported that at the Code Geass focus panel held during the New York Anime Festival, Bandai announced that it had licensed all three manga adaptations, one light novel, and several Code Geass merchandise items. The report did not mention any Nintendo games though.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 17:33   Link #63
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
As usual, any time a series gets incredibly popular it's asking to be licensed. Since Code Geass is licensed does that mean that any episodes in the second season will already be licensed as well?
Sorry for bringing this up again, but according to the "Code Geass to Air on America's Adult Swim in Spring"-article on ANN Bandai only licensed the first season... is the second season also implicated?
I don't have much knowledge about this legal issues, so please help me out .
Old 2008-02-04, 20:23   Link #64
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Sorry for bringing this up again, but according to the "Code Geass to Air on America's Adult Swim in Spring"-article on ANN Bandai only licensed the first season... is the second season also implicated?
I don't have much knowledge about this legal issues, so please help me out .
Well the second season hasn't even started yet, so Bandai has to wait.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 20:49   Link #65
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
That's not really true some anime are licensed before they even air.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 11:08   Link #66
Isegrim

Quote:
So we will be provided with fansubs... ?

Other question: There are some offers for licensed DVDs on ebay, located in Malaysia. When ordering via my local dealer, I'd have to pay a ridiculous price, and while the USD exchange rate is quite favourably to the Euro, it would be silly not making use of it... any opinions about the subs on this malayan DVDs?
Old 2008-02-05, 11:19   Link #67
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Other question: There are some offers for licensed DVDs on ebay, located in Malaysia.
This thread is really the wrong place to ask. I suggest you have a read of The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread located in the Licensed forum.

They may well be bootlegs, so before posting links please read the above thread and check for yourself.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 11:27   Link #68
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Other question: There are some offers for licensed DVDs on ebay, located in Malaysia.
Forgive me if I'm mistaken. Are you sure it's licensed? Southeast Asia is the home of pirated DVDs, CDs, games, and software. And eBay is the heaven for selling counterfeits. I didn't know they'd even bother to licence anime in Malaysia. :/

Back on topic.
I'v been wondering, since Bandai licensed "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion", do they have the rights to "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2" as well?
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 11:37   Link #69
Isegrim

Thanks, I'll check that out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu
Forgive me if I'm mistaken. Are you sure it's licensed? Southeast Asia is the home of pirated DVDs, CDs, games, and software. And eBay is the heaven for selling counterfeits. I didn't know they'd even bother to licence anime in Malaysia. :/
Should have been: According to the description, it is licensed. Sorry for that.
Old 2008-02-05, 14:21   Link #70
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I'v been wondering, since Bandai licensed "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion", do they have the rights to "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2" as well?
"R2"? I assume by this you mean the second season?

Simple answer, we don't know.

The license for the first season was announced in July 2007. I don't think the second season was announced until just recently (officially at least) so chances are they only have the first season (at the moment at least). There is every chance they (Bandai) will license the second season as well but I think they will need to actually make an announcement.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 10:46   Link #71
FireChick

BIG NEWS!!! For those who are going to attend New York Comic-Con next month (not me. DANGIT!!), it's been confirmed that they're gonna show this AND Lucky Star!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 22:30   Link #72
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
"R2"? I assume by this you mean the second season?

Simple answer, we don't know.

The license for the first season was announced in July 2007. I don't think the second season was announced until just recently (officially at least) so chances are they only have the first season (at the moment at least). There is every chance they (Bandai) will license the second season as well but I think they will need to actually make an announcement.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...-entertainment

Quote:
On April 6, the second 25-episode season of Code Geass will begin in Japan, and Bandai's license already extends to cover that, as well as the manga adaptations of the series and the light novel.
I say that's good confirmation.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 23:32   Link #73
nuaythebest

I am really surprise that no one talk about Bandai do have a license for CG season 2.
nuaythebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 20:38   Link #74
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuaythebest View Post
I am really surprise that no one talk about Bandai do have a license for CG season 2.
Probably because some peeps are assured that some fansub groups will still fansub it anyways.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 20:43   Link #75
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Probably because some peeps are assured that some fansub groups will still fansub it anyways.
The fansub group that I planned on using for R2 before it got licenced ignores licences, so I got no problem either way.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:01   Link #76
nuaythebest

I still remember in the old day when fansub have a strict rule not to do fansub or distribute the licensed anime.
nuaythebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 17:00   Link #77
Kobukson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuaythebest View Post
I still remember in the old day when fansub have a strict rule not to do fansub or distribute the licensed anime.
The ease of fansubbing now due to the proliferation of digital media softwares and the Internet is part of the reason.
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 20:05   Link #78
Aurelia aurita
???

I don't think Bandai Entertainment's going to make a big deal out of it. At the panel, one member of the audience asked the reps if they knew if both Lulu and Suzaku made it out alive. Their reply was something like "I don't know but.....wait, you wouldn't know either because you haven't seen the last two episodes, right? *Cough cough wink wink*".
Someone else suggested putting in an orange or some pizza with the DVD releases, but they told us that might be a little bit hard.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 23:15   Link #79
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
I don't think Bandai Entertainment's going to make a big deal out of it. At the panel, one member of the audience asked the reps if they knew if both Lulu and Suzaku made it out alive. Their reply was something like "I don't know but.....wait, you wouldn't know either because you haven't seen the last two episodes, right? *Cough cough wink wink*".
Someone else suggested putting in an orange or some pizza with the DVD releases, but they told us that might be a little bit hard.
Could always come as part of the complete series box set.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 10:15   Link #80
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Could always come as part of the complete series box set.
I'll be waiting for that box set then, I at least don't usually see series in a box set till further down the road because the companies try to get you to spend more buying individual 5 episode discs at a time for 20$ each.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote