AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-09-12, 14:44   Link #321
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Umm no.. i think you need to look at the anime once again itachi and kizame's converstation went something like this -

Kisame - "Perhaps you can fight him evenly", "but I can not", "he is too strong"
Itachi- "Yes if we both faught him... we would both be killed","or in a good case we would kill him, but we would die along with him.", "even if we had more men the result would not change"
Kisame - "His caretaker is a legendary sannin"

its obvious they the converstation started out talking about naruto and that jiriaya is his caretaker.. they just seriously overestimated naruto not knowing enough about him at the time. Could they have killed naruto easly sure but the point is they simply did not know his capablilities. Oro is afraid of itachi he says it himself and im sure alot of ppl agree that oro and jiriaya are just about on par. why would itachi WITH kizame be afraid of jiriaya if he is on par with oro and oro is afraid of itachi????
Nub.Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 15:03   Link #322
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Er..actually Itachi is in the poll...
yeah i know.. i voted for him.. what im saying is simply everyone is talking about the hokages and thats it I didnt say a thing abou thim not being in the poll.

Quote:
IF has copied them, we know for a fact that the 3rd hokage knew them altho he specialized in Doton and Katon. And what's with this "konoha jutsu's"? he knew almost all jutu's not just the konoha jutsu's.
Your prolly right about the jutsus but it still makes not difference because itachi can copy them as fast as sarutobi can preform them.

That's beside the point, we are talking about who is the strongest or would have been in his prime, since Itachi still has a prime to come wich is unknown it is not relevant to the thread.

This is untrue. its totally relevent to the thread it doesnt say who WAS in there prime it says "in there prime" meaning future or past doesnt really matter so it is infact relivent to the thread.
Old 2004-09-12, 15:33   Link #323
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
This is untrue. its totally relevent to the thread it doesnt say who WAS in there prime it says "in there prime" meaning future or past doesnt really matter so it is infact relivent to the thread.
i'v been trying of a way to counter this but alas, i'll give you this one.
Old 2004-09-12, 15:46   Link #324
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Animizzle that conversation didn't went that way. Its just wrong translation.

A good example for Itachi taking Jiraiya out is:
Kisame: Why didn't you take him out(meaning Jiraiya). This was when they left the fight.
Old 2004-09-12, 15:54   Link #325
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

ya ur prolly right about the wrong translation cause in the manga it does read like they are talking about jiriaya and not naruto.. but the fact that oro and jiriaya are close to being on par and oro is afraid of itachi just doesnt add up.. maybe someone can help me figure it out
Old 2004-09-12, 17:56   Link #326
UnCauzi

People need to stop being so think. Orochimaru is more familiar with Jaraiya and Itachi than, those 2 are of each other. Why you might ask?

Orochimaru-
A. Was on the same team as Jaraiya.
B. Was in the same organization as Itachi.

Orochimaru has a better grasp of what Jaraiya and Itachi are capable of than those two have of each other. There is no evidence that Itachi knows a whole lot about Jaraiya. Based on what he knows is probably based on "legend" while Orochimaru grew up with the guy. There is however evidence that Jaraiya doesn't know much about Itachi. Jaraiya like Naruto thinks he can beat anyone if given good reason. After seeing the effects of Itachis techniques however he realized that he underestimated him. I mean why would he do the frogs stomach technique if he knew it would have been useless? He obviously doesn't know a lot about itachi. In fact I bet the Uchiha clan keeps a lot of secrets. (Under the tile)

What does that mean? These two characters will either be cautious of each other or overconfident.

I say, Itachi >Orochi AND Jaraiya, why? I hate Itachi but lets face facts, Itachi had
to give Orochimaru a reason to leave the Akatsuki. That reason made Orochimaru leave and most likely caused him to seek out an Uchiha body. He probably never had a run in with an Uchiha at Itachis level before, that's why Kimmaro was his FIRST choice.

Orochimaru doesn't like fighting unless he's at a disadvantage and he showed little pause at all even before he knew Jaraiya was drugged. Orochimaru isn't stupid he knows when he's outclassed, and apparently he thinks Jaraiya is a joke. You don't consider someone better than you a joke, a rival sure....but not someone who's obviously more powerful than you are and like I said Orochimaru is most likely VERY familiar with Jaraiyas ability. Frankly I think Itachi has something to do with the cut off hand with the Akatsuki ring on it in Orochimarus quarters. They focused on it during his discussion about the Akatsuki in the manga AND anime.
UnCauzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 17:58   Link #327
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Animizzle that conversation didn't went that way. Its just wrong translation.

A good example for Itachi taking Jiraiya out is:
Kisame: Why didn't you take him out(meaning Jiraiya). This was when they left the fight.
Yes but if there are 1 statement that states a point but there are more that states the opposite I think it would be better to go with the other statement.

And about this thread. I would say the 3rd as stated he was the strongest ninja in his prime...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 22:47   Link #328
chinkie

you should have made the poll "Who is/was/will be the Strongest/Best Ninja in their Prime?"
chinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 08:38   Link #329
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

well 13 years before this time was when the 4th died vs kyuubi. The 3rd was still pretty old then and still a long way off from his prime.

Going by orochimaru's statment the 3rd in his prime was the god of all ninja. And hence I would say he would be the most powerful.

Although if you havn't noticed yet naruto in his prime (10-15 years from now)will surpass them all =)
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 09:10   Link #330
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

I guess that we might just find out if sarutobi is the god of all ninjas in his prime or if itachi is.. since itachi is along way off from his prime, I suspect that he will be equally as good if not better than sarutobi... seeing how he is 18 and is allready more powerful than the sannins.

I don't think its too out there to think that itachi would surpass every ninja ever... well prolly not naruto but oh well
Old 2004-09-13, 13:37   Link #331
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nub.Itachi
I guess that we might just find out if sarutobi is the god of all ninjas in his prime or if itachi is.. since itachi is along way off from his prime, I suspect that he will be equally as good if not better than sarutobi... seeing how he is 18 and is allready more powerful than the sannins.

I don't think its too out there to think that itachi would surpass every ninja ever... well prolly not naruto but oh well
Although I agree Itachi is a freaking good shinobi. I still think Sarutobi could take him in his prime. While everyone is freaking about his 72 hours of torture justsu and his black moon. Sarutobi would probably know how to counter these attacks. You don't become hokage for nothing, you know.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 15:33   Link #332
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku no Gaara
Although I agree Itachi is a freaking good shinobi. I still think Sarutobi could take him in his prime. While everyone is freaking about his 72 hours of torture justsu and his black moon. Sarutobi would probably know how to counter these attacks. You don't become hokage for nothing, you know.

you forgot his awesome jutsu speed which for me is a huge weapon in itachi s arsenal

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-09-13 at 15:46.
itachistyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 16:40   Link #333
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabaku no Garaa:
I concur, but also i highly doubt that we have seen even close to all the powers that the M.S. is capable of. I'm really excited to see Itachi in action, and have to use his FULL strength.

My greatest hope is that its against Jiriaya so when Itachi takes him out everyone will know he is stronger for sure.
Old 2004-09-13, 16:53   Link #334
Bill_gates

Quote:

Itachi is not more powerful than ALLL the sannins
Tsunande has more physical strenght than Itachi
Itachi said himeself he would die if he tried to fight Jiraiya
Bill_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 18:07   Link #335
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Itachi is not more powerful than ALLL the sannins Tsunande has more physical strenght than Itachi Itachi said himeself he would die if he tried to fight Jiraiya
yes i know he said that, but i believe its just being cautious and not underestimating you opponent. Its smart on Itachi's part, but if Oro and Jiriaya are close to being equally powerful than Itachi can prolly take on Jiriaya head on since Oro says Itachi is deffinatly stonger than him. Also Oro is a good judge of character.
Plus Tsunade's physical strength wouldnt matter againt Itachi. Seeing how she wouldn't be able to land a punch or kick unless it was total suprise.
Old 2004-09-13, 19:18   Link #336
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
Quote:
I concur, but also i highly doubt that we have seen even close to all the powers that the M.S. is capable of. I'm really excited to see Itachi in action, and have to use his FULL strength.

My greatest hope is that its against Jiriaya so when Itachi takes him out everyone will know he is stronger for sure.
Yeah, but Jiraiya would've had him when he summoned the esophagus of that frog. He used almost his entire chakra pool when he escaped. He even said himself that he foolishly used that, and because of that ...he needed to rest. If it used almost all his chakra when Jiraiya summoned that, and Iiraiya didn't even looked bothered by it. No telling what Jiraiya has in store.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 19:26   Link #337
eccentric
Just plain eccentric.

Itachi is my vote. He's awesome.
eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:51   Link #338
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Yeah, but Jiraiya would've had him when he summoned the esophagus of that frog. He used almost his entire chakra pool when he escaped. He even said himself that he foolishly used that, and because of that ...he needed to rest. If it used almost all his chakra when Jiraiya summoned that, and Iiraiya didn't even looked bothered by it. No telling what Jiraiya has in store.
There is no almost he either did or he didn't, and guess what*drum roll* HE DIDN't. Plus when they are retreating Kisame says this "why are we retreating couldnt u have....". Itachi replys "It doesnt matter with the state that naruto is in he isnt a threat. plus i was foolishly forced into useing blahblahblah*bad ass jutsus we all know what they are :P*. i need to rest too"

All he says is that he needs to rest watch it agian if you would like. We dont know what he ment all we know is that there was some sort of sideeffect from using the jutsu. this doesnt mean he is LOW on chackra.
Old 2004-09-13, 23:22   Link #339
snarl
>:o

Itachi is easily fooled and really good at running away with a jutsu that uses all his chakra... awesome? If it takes so much from Itachi chakra/staminawise to defeat 1 of Jiraiya's jutsu, do you really think Jiraiya can be defeated by him?

I think Amaterasu is overrated. If it was as godly as some of you think why didn't he just kill Jiraiya with it? Maybe he can't use it on things that know how to move/dodge?
snarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:42   Link #340
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Itachi is easily fooled and really good at running away with a jutsu that uses all his chakra... awesome? If it takes so much from Itachi chakra/staminawise to defeat 1 of Jiraiya's jutsu, do you really think Jiraiya can be defeated by him? I think Amaterasu is overrated. If it was as godly as some of you think why didn't he just kill Jiraiya with it? Maybe he can't use it on things that know how to move/dodge? Today 21:51
You make a good point, but I think its more strain on the body than it is on his chackra.. read the manga of taht episode its worded slightly different from the anime.. in the manga its states basically that so many jutsu's with the M.S. in a day can strain the body, but like i said before I think he just wanted to aviod the possiblity of a head on fight that probably wouldnt wiegh good in his direction.
Plus when they are leaving the fight Kisame STRONGLY alluds to the fact that Itachi should be able to take Jiriaya even with a stressed out body. Read the manga and precieve it how u want.

But thats just my thoughts on it.