AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-22, 17:19   Link #1021
Mateus

I was also thinking that the "Moon's eye plan" is/was probably the biggest reason why Tobi wanted/had the Uchiha all massacred, so there wouldn't be any Sharingan users who could withstand the genjutsu.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:41   Link #1022
prakash123

After the lastest chapter "IMO" tobi and madara are not connected in anyway.somehow this chapt brought me back to the time when kabuto summoned madara in front of tobi and tobi was shaken.this was exactly what tobi feared(hence the reason he was shaken).he feared kabuto might fail somehow and madara could gain control of himself and ruin tobis plans.And also can someone tell me when was is mentioned that the "moons eye plan"was originaly madaras idea?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:24   Link #1023
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

i agree after reason the last chapter aswell.
tobi and madara

has it been stated if he is even a uchia
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 17:11   Link #1024
Mateus

Tobi "should" be an Uchiha, that is only an Uchiha can properly handle the power of the sharingan (as per what Itachi said 100s of chapters ago). It should also be noted that Tobi has yet to be seen demonstrating the same powers as Madara (i.e. Susanoo, Meteors, Mokuten, etc) so IF Tobi is a clone of Madara then he should have some if not most of his jutsu in his arsenal already right?
Old 2012-07-04, 06:52   Link #1025
yakumo-chan

is it possible that Orochimaru is Tobi?
Old 2012-07-04, 12:50   Link #1026
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
no, it's not possible for many reasons. tobi has spoken about him as if he was a bothersome spy on his activities. orochimaru was surprised at how powerful itachi was when he sealed him. tobi had sharingan back before naruto was born, while orochimaru was still seeking it before he was sealed. etc...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 14:07   Link #1027
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Tob is .....
Spoiler for Tobi is:

Spoiler for tobi is:

Spoiler for tobi is:

so yeah it is fun guessing who Tobi is. I thought people would grow tired of Kishi's Games, but he seems to know how to keep the game going and renew interest and curiosity for his this Tobi person. I'm sure he is loving every minute of it.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:39   Link #1028
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
It's not possible. But the last chapter certainly implied it...
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:41   Link #1029
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i wonder if this posted.

a magazines recently posted sample of kishimoto notes

http://i.imgur.com/WYmQx.jpg

according to JP this indicate (circle in red)

that Tobi is
Spoiler for Tobis is:

of course this can be change and stuff

Last edited by RRW; 2012-07-07 at 09:59.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 23:21   Link #1030
Mateus

Things will get interesting and I think even more of Tobi's identity will be revealed once he crosses paths with Madara while on the battlefield (which is inevitable since he grew bored playing with the kages and decided to go after the kyuubi).

Spoiler for Tobi - Madara:
Old 2012-07-08, 11:28   Link #1031
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Things will get interesting and I think even more of Tobi's identity will be revealed once he crosses paths with Madara while on the battlefield (which is inevitable since he grew bored playing with the kages and decided to go after the kyuubi).
too bad he didn't get bored after killing a couple of them off

Quote:
Spoiler for Tobi - Madara:
why would you assume that they will fight? sure it might happen, but not right off the bat. also, if madara does possess the phasing technique we just don't know. he clearly didn't need it to fight the kages. it would have shown weakness on his part to let their attacks pass through him. he was clearly just toying with them. i'm not saying he def. has tobi's abilities, i'm just saying we dont know yet since he just didnt need them in his fight vs the kages. he was only interested in beating them down and shaming them. tobi's techniques are for defense and escape
Old 2012-07-09, 15:39   Link #1032
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
too bad he didn't get bored after killing a couple of them off

why would you assume that they will fight? sure it might happen, but not right off the bat. also, if madara does possess the phasing technique we just don't know. he clearly didn't need it to fight the kages. it would have shown weakness on his part to let their attacks pass through him. he was clearly just toying with them. i'm not saying he def. has tobi's abilities, i'm just saying we dont know yet since he just didnt need them in his fight vs the kages. he was only interested in beating them down and shaming them. tobi's techniques are for defense and escape
They wouldn't need to fight, an actual fight isn't necessary as it would likely lead to a stalemate anyway. Besides he would already have Naruto (the 9 tails), Killerbee, Kakashi and Guy to deal with as distractions while Tobi did whatever he may want to do (possibly affording him enough time to seal Madara away without a fight).
Old 2012-07-10, 18:29   Link #1033
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
They wouldn't need to fight, an actual fight isn't necessary as it would likely lead to a stalemate anyway. Besides he would already have Naruto (the 9 tails), Killerbee, Kakashi and Guy to deal with as distractions while Tobi did whatever he may want to do (possibly affording him enough time to seal Madara away without a fight).
ok, but I was responding to your quote: "I think Madara can (and will) try to attack Tobi as much as possible" so...
Old 2012-07-11, 19:44   Link #1034
Sasukemaru
Banned

Madara vs tobi would not be a stalemate lol. Madara would mop the floor with tobi without even breaking a sweat. Tobi hoped sasuke could weaken the kages so he could take them hostage, granted this was before he got his rinnegan but his power really hasn't taken a huge leap from that. The 5 kage had a much better chance against madara then tobi would, which explains why he shit his pants when he saw him.

In fact, madara would mop the floor with tobi, naruto, bee, kakashi, and gai all at the same time.

Last edited by Hunter; 2012-07-11 at 20:32.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 05:13   Link #1035
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Madara vs tobi would not be a stalemate lol. Madara would mop the floor with tobi without even breaking a sweat. Tobi hoped sasuke could weaken the kages so he could take them hostage, granted this was before he got his rinnegan but his power really hasn't taken a huge leap from that. The 5 kage had a much better chance against madara then tobi would, which explains why he shit his pants when he saw him.

In fact, madara would mop the floor with tobi, naruto, bee, kakashi, and gai all at the same time.
Uh duh...Madara is the most overpowered villain in the manga at this point AND he is invincible Edo Tensei status so of course he would as you eloquently put it; "mop everyone". The five were all beyond battered, broken, and exhausted, they were running on fumes by the time Tsunade received a chakra refill from Dan (which really would only have helped to heal everyone else), do you really think they would have fared better than Tobi...who can you know become freaking intangible one second and then normal the next (can make attacks phase through him)? I'd even go so far as to say golden boy, sage Naruto would have stood a better chance than the 5 kage. Despite just how overpowered Madara is right now we still don't know enough about Tobi to immediately write him off like; "oh ya gaiz he's so weak compared to Madara, he'd pwn dat noob lol" . It's been made clear that Tobi is the main antagonist of the story, Madara is nothing more than a plot device to show us what the First was up against...he could be called away/sealed/whatever in the next few chapters to come - either way IF Madara went full scale on Naruto's location the only one guaranteed to survive it is Tobi (warping and phasing ftw).

Quote:
ok, but I was responding to your quote: "I think Madara can (and will) try to attack Tobi as much as possible" so...
Oh yes I did put that in there (meaning Madara attacking/trying to attack Tobi, and the latter defending/phasing the attack and possibly sealing M away while the chance is open - not really a fight...not really what I pictured as a "fight" fight (not like the First vs Madara/Sasuke vs Itachi, etc).
Old 2012-07-17, 21:30   Link #1036
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
After the lastest chapter "IMO" tobi and madara are not connected in anyway.somehow this chapt brought me back to the time when kabuto summoned madara in front of tobi and tobi was shaken.this was exactly what tobi feared(hence the reason he was shaken).he feared kabuto might fail somehow and madara could gain control of himself and ruin tobis plans.And also can someone tell me when was is mentioned that the "moons eye plan"was originaly madaras idea?
It's pretty much been confirmed that they are connected in the sense of being allies.

They both want the Moon's Eye Plan to happen. Madara knows about Nagato and stated that he expected to be revived by him (Tobi gave Nagato Rinnegan and meant for him to use that revival technique for his benefit). Madara also knows about Tobi and mentioned him without using his name.

I don't think they are the same person. That would be lame.

I personally believe that Tobi is Madara's little brother. That explains why he knows so much about the origins of Mangekyo Sharingan and the founding of Konoha. He is the brother who sacrificed his eyes for Madara. Somehow he survived in to the present and got new eyes. He has been carrying out the Moon's Eye plan all along. The resurrection of Madara was probably in Tobi's plan
but he meant for Nagato to do it rather than the Edo Tensei revival.

That's my theory.

I don't know who else has been introduced in the series already that would make sense as Tobi other than Madara's brother. When Tobi told Uchiha Madara's story he flinched when he mentioned the brother giving his eyes to Madara. I think that was a hint that he is the younger brother which will be played back when Kishimoto makes the big reveal.

The little brother going evil after following in his brother's footsteps also mirrors Sasuke's own situation. Sasuke is like an apprentice to Tobi so it would be fitting if they had a similar life.
Old 2012-07-17, 23:14   Link #1037
Mateus

I thought the revival technique that Nagato used to revive everyone killed during the Pain Invasion worked because they weren't dead for very long, that's why the frog Danzo killed and Jiraiya could not be revived. Well anyway if that happened Madara would not have been immortal like he is now.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:13   Link #1038
itachi-san314

ch 594 just came painfully (in a good way) close to revealing tobi to be obito (or at least in part obito like I believe) ..how sweet it will be to reread this thread once it's fully revealed
Old 2012-07-18, 09:26   Link #1039
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be fair, I never actually said it'd be impossible for it to be Obito, at least, I don't think I did. I just thought it wouldn't make sense (and I still think it wouldn't make sense).

That being said, it might as well be Rin. Right now it's equally possible.

One thing is for sure: We don't know anyone from Kakashi's age who thought the way Tobi does now. Meaning anyone who was alive up to several years before the 9-tails attack but was KIA or MIA before it, is a suspect.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:34   Link #1040
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That being said, it might as well be Rin. Right now it's equally possible.
i disagree. there are many hints that point toward obito. and nothing that eliminates him from the discussion. rin has far fewer hints, if any really, and it has been shown that tobi has 2 separate voices, both of which are clearly male

Quote:
One thing is for sure: We don't know anyone from Kakashi's age who thought the way Tobi does now. Meaning anyone who was alive up to several years before the 9-tails attack but was KIA or MIA before it, is a suspect.
right, which is why i've thought that madara implanted himself into obito similarly to how minato did in naruto, and now orochimaru in the CS, which just makes this theory more believable since this type of technique has been more widely used now as a means of self-preservation. minato, kushina, orochimaru... so why not madara?

Tags
tobi