AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 00:30   Link #18861
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Google it. You'll be taken to... 'interesting' places.
Oh frag it- if you're just going to google it I might as well come out and say it- At least I can get the "first kill" achievement, instead of the "Kiting around in circles" achievement...>.>

Answer:
It's all the various euphemistic names for the many Prostitution services in Japan.
Old 2012-07-06, 02:16   Link #18862
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
(Summary at end of post)

For #2, the criteria for Awakening suggests it has something to do with the nature of a esper ability. From Vol15 Ch5 Pt4, Accelerator and Kakine's power respectively can be called:

Quote:
The one who wields the power of God and the one who has touched the territory of God.
So basically, your run of the mill, more common (non-unique) abilities like pyrokinesis or Electromaster can't 'Awaken' into a absolute monster of power.

So, who can/can't awaken? Personally, I think Himegami have more chance of 'Awakening' than Mikoto

tl;dr - people who have some sort of special power/talent might 'Awaken'. Those aren't born talented can't 'Awaken', and no matter how hard they try or effort they put in it's impossible.
You see, that's the thing that bugs me about this topic.

When you read it, you see "These two are special and can/have awakened."

When I read it I see "These two have awakened and are therfore special."

And hell, even if it does mean the former, it still doesn't touch on the idea you need to be one of the 'special' people to awaken. It merely states these two are special.

Look at it in context:

Quote:
Kakine’s six wings, as if responding to his roar, spread explosively. The wings that span several tens of meters emit a mysterious glow, and at the same time have an inorganic feel like a machine. Almost like a giant weapon gods and angels normally use.

Flap. The air around the six wings lets out a howl.

Accelerator and Dark Matter control the organic and inorganic powers respectively.

Different from this world, this is 'organic' and 'inorganic' in terms of a different world. The One Who Wields the Power of God and The One Who Has Touched the Territory of God. Now the odds of victory are even, only that unlike Accelerator, Kakine hasn't lost himself.

An unprecedented power is expanding within him.
Its only after both have spread their special awakened wings that 'organic' and 'inorganic' come into play, which leads to thier Power of God and Territory of God titles.

Is there any other place that awakening is diccussed, because frankly this means jack squat in the whole 'ability to awaken or not' debate.

It merely talks up Kakine and Accelerator's awakened states.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:30   Link #18863
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
You see, that's the thing that bugs me about this topic.

When you read it, you see "These two are special and can/have awakened."

When I read it I see "These two have awakened and are therfore special."

And hell, even if it does mean the former, it still doesn't touch on the idea you need to be one of the 'special' people to awaken. It merely states these two are special.

Look at it in context:

Its only after both have spread their special awakened wings that 'organic' and 'inorganic' come into play, which leads to thier Power of God and Territory of God titles.

Is there any other place that awakening is diccussed, because frankly this means jack squat in the whole 'ability to awaken or not' debate.

It merely talks up Kakine and Accelerator's awakened states.
I really think it's just a matter of perspective, then...

Though assuming I'm wrong and you don't have to be 'special' to 'awaken', then how does the esper ability mechanics in IndexVerse support the theory that espers in general can 'awaken'? How would Personal Realities and AIM fields controlling one factor such as heat, water, or telekinetic forces get you to that level of power? Even if we disregard the 'special' trait as a factor, being able to manipulate AIM fields in general, involving multiple factors, seem to be a prerequisite in 'Awakening', so to speak (eg, Vector Change = reflect many kinds of energy, not just AIM, Dark Matter = more than one kind of material created, Aiwass & Kazakiri as Artificial Angels made of many different kind of AIM fields and can manipulate them to a degree (Wings of Light, sword of light)).

Speaking of where 'awakening' is discussed in the LNs... "Awakening" is a fan-made term. IIRC nowhere in the LN sections about Accelerator's black wings or Kakine's own abilities are they explicitly named as "Awakening". From where the Black Wings show up, we have Vol15 against Kakine, Vol19 against Aiwass, Vol20 against Touma, and Vol22 upgrading to White Wings prior to fighting Archangel Misha. The word "Awakening" is never used to describe Kakine and Accelerator.
Old 2012-07-06, 05:09   Link #18864
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Kyon & Chaos

Ah souka. Now I don't even remember why I asked that question in the first place...
Old 2012-07-06, 06:10   Link #18865
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Speaking of where 'awakening' is discussed in the LNs... "Awakening" is a fan-made term. IIRC nowhere in the LN sections about Accelerator's black wings or Kakine's own abilities are they explicitly named as "Awakening". From where the Black Wings show up, we have Vol15 against Kakine, Vol19 against Aiwass, Vol20 against Touma, and Vol22 upgrading to White Wings prior to fighting Archangel Misha. The word "Awakening" is never used to describe Kakine and Accelerator.
Well, there's this from Vol. 15
Quote:
Kakine laughed and waved his completely awakened six wings down at Accelerator.
Though I guess it could very well be subject to interpretation.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:17   Link #18866
Destined_Fate

So... Basically Index/Railgun is going to give all the important characters a Bankai or Super Saiyan mode now?
Old 2012-07-06, 06:18   Link #18867
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, there's this from Vol. 15
Though I guess it could very well be subject to interpretation.
Yeah but when u use it like that it's no different than saying 'Mikoto awakens every morning'.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:22   Link #18868
leukrota

I just love how Mikoto's awakening has become a running joke among us.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:33   Link #18869
Destined_Fate

I don't see why some of you are so obsessed about Mikoto Awakening or not. If she does than she does, there's no reason to speculate on it. Sure it makes sense that she would eventually Awaken if she becomes very closely tied to this Awakening business, that she must Awaken to counter fighting someone that is Awakened, but it isn't the end of the world if she doesn't Awaken and just continues kicking ass as the Railgun.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:27   Link #18870
leukrota

I don't see why you think we are obsessed. Someone suggested the possibility somewhere and the rest of us took it as a joke (or half a joke)
Old 2012-07-06, 07:41   Link #18871
Destined_Fate

Jokes can be taken to obsessive levels as well and someone's going to take this too seriously. Best if we don't let this get out of hand since it would cause some issues if Mikoto does end up awakening or not if this discuession continues as is.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:20   Link #18872
leukrota

Who are you? the joke police? Chill out (and if you don't want it discussed then don't put it in the spotlight)
Old 2012-07-06, 08:58   Link #18873
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Accelerator subconsciously took in the data from Index's Angel song; Kakine in turn took in the data from seeing Accelerator's Black Wings.
This tells me that in order to "awaken" you need some sort of inspiration or something that can change you on the inside. A revelation maybe. Or maybe it's just influence from looking at Persona 3 too much.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:06   Link #18874
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
This tells me that in order to "awaken" you need some sort of inspiration or something that can change you on the inside. A revelation maybe. Or maybe it's just influence from looking at Persona 3 too much.
That's actually it, basically. Accelerators "inspiration" if that's the right way to put it was protecting Last Order.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:24   Link #18875
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
That's actually it, basically. Accelerators "inspiration" if that's the right way to put it was protecting Last Order.
Strange that he hasn't awakened in the past than, huh?

This awakening business seems like just an excuse to give characters a sudden power up so they can introduce some ridiculously powerful enemies in the future. Worst case scenerio this ends up like Bleach where they get multiple power up or "Awakened" forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Who are you? the joke police? Chill out (and if you don't want it discussed then don't put it in the spotlight)
You're taking things way too offensively. Perhaps you should cool down and stay on topic?

My suggestion is so that this doesn't boil over into a misunderstanding and a bickerfest. The longer this goes on the higher chance someone will be offended and believe this isn't a joke.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:09   Link #18876
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You're taking things way too offensively. Perhaps you should cool down and stay on topic?
And there you go continuing this, I had only made a side commentary, you're the one derailing the topic. Look into yourself before pointing at others.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:11   Link #18877
Sumeragi
Banned

I must be a pedo: I keep wanting to kidnap Saiai and take her home.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:14   Link #18878
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't see how I said 'took in the data from Index's Angel song' can be translated into 'needing some sort of inspiration'.... But sure, anything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I must be a pedo: I keep wanting to kidnap Saiai and take her home.
Sumeragi, you're so many things gone wrong that I've already stopped keeping track way back at 'bloody steel pipe'...
Old 2012-07-06, 10:17   Link #18879
Sumeragi
Banned

Eh? Come again?
Old 2012-07-06, 10:20   Link #18880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Eh? Come again?

*flashback*

Quote:
Yes, although I wouldn't mind "retiring" Kuroko so I can take her place.....

*Hides the blood-soaked steel pipe behind her back*
Quote:
Now, why would that example be so specific?

*Continues hiding the blood-soaked steel pipe behind her back*
Quote:
*Smites Chaos2Frozen with a blood-soaked steel pipe*

How dare a mere mortal call upon the Goddess! Know your place!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen