AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 10:53   Link #81
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
Well how do you know what it takes to "be stronger" than a spirit? Its not like you have any experience with them. So until you can summon spirits, I'd hold back from those kinda comments :P

Anyways, I'd imagine it has to do with will power, and thats about the only thing the kid seems to have going for him atm, other than his sweet glowy sword.
Mareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 10:54   Link #82
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I realize now in retrospect that he is very lucky. That sword can cut a building in two like a hot knife through butter. So when he fell if it had touched his skin at all he'd have been in some serious trouble.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 20:23   Link #83
Niamh

Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh
Hahha. It would have been really funny if he had fallen on his sword. *ouch*

So far I really like Kiba. I thought Zed was going to be named Kiba b/c the show is (sort of like Naruto being named after the main character), so does anyone know what kiba means?

At any rate, I can't wait for the next episode!
Niamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 22:57   Link #84
JRY_RY
BLOOD ALONE

I like this show very much, the manga was very good, tho its about fighting, action stuff

but its good :P

and the opening/ending songs are very good, the ending rap pwns

:P
JRY_RY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 04:32   Link #85
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh
Hahha. It would have been really funny if he had fallen on his sword. *ouch*

So far I really like Kiba. I thought Zed was going to be named Kiba b/c the show is (sort of like Naruto being named after the main character), so does anyone know what kiba means?

At any rate, I can't wait for the next episode!
Kiba literally means 'fang' or 'tusk'. Not entirely sure that helps us as determine what it's relevance is to Zed at this stage.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 08:59   Link #86
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Kiba literally means 'fang' or 'tusk'. Not entirely sure that helps us as determine what it's relevance is to Zed at this stage.

Episode 01, Zed's mother refered to the possessed teacher as a "tusk" human. The only good hint there is for now.
ModokiBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 11:25   Link #87
Niamh

Quote:
Thanks a lot for that info! *kisses*
Old 2006-04-16, 11:42   Link #88
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

However, I've also seen KIBA hyphenated as Ki-ba. Ki can mean 'spirit' and ba is 'field' (as in a energy field), it can also mean 'place' (location). So the title could be 'Spirit Field' or 'Spirit Place'. Both would fit the goings on in the show entirely but would be a pretty dull titles IMHO.

Someone more knowledgeable about the Japanese interpretation may be able to shed more light on this.
Old 2006-04-16, 12:17   Link #89
lavielove

Quote:
However, I've also seen KIBA hyphenated as Ki-ba. Ki can mean 'spirit' and ba is 'field' (as in a energy field), it can also mean 'place' (location). So the title could be 'Spirit Field' or 'Spirit Place'. Both would fit the goings on in the show entirely but would be a pretty dull titles IMHO.

Someone more knowledgeable about the Japanese interpretation may be able to shed more light on this.
it's not like I exactly know this or something, but I think Kiba is written with Kanji in official site.Personally I think (tusk [or] fang) could be the meaning coz it's not possible to put hypen in kanji for kiba.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 12:50   Link #90
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
it's not like I exactly know this or something, but I think Kiba is written with Kanji in official site.Personally I think (tusk [or] fang) could be the meaning coz it's not possible to put hypen in kanji for kiba.
I'm not so sure, the official site is hyphenated as www.ki-ba.com and the logo also splits the Romanji into 'Ki Ba' too. Anyway I'm sure someone will confirm this soon enough.

Ep.3...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-16, 18:49   Link #91
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Ep 3:
Spoiler:

Now this is a good spring time release of new anime. .hack//root and Kiba are pretty solid for now on for me. Haven't been so happy since Gankutsuou and Eureka7 started out.

Here's hoping that Garasu no Kantai turns out well and that Zegapain improve.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 19:13   Link #92
Niamh

Yay! I'm downloading Kiba 3 now. So tempted to look at the spoilers!
Old 2006-04-16, 21:01   Link #93
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38

Now this is a good spring time release of new anime. .hack//root and Kiba are pretty solid for now on for me. Haven't been so happy since Gankutsuou and Eureka7 started out.
Yea Im happy, between .hack//roots, KIBA, and Utawarerumono .
Old 2006-04-18, 19:52   Link #94
Niamh

Just finished watching episode 3 and I think episode 4 will be where the plot will pick up.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-19, 00:42   Link #95
cursed_sword
Matador

Spoiler:
cursed_sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 04:15   Link #96
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I really wish Zed had a sense of humour...that's what made Ed from FMA so likeable. Zed just has the angsty part =/
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:04   Link #97
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
I really wish Zed had a sense of humour...that's what made Ed from FMA so likeable. Zed just has the angsty part =/
Well I guess it's hard for him to have a sense of humor because his life sucks pretty bad. I mean Ed's was bas but he still had people who loved him and people who were like family. The only person Zed had was his friend, whom he cannot see because he is in a different world. Then in this world people are treating him fairly bad (kind of his fault but I can't blame him, id be messed up if i got sent to a dif dimension). So I think it fits.
Old 2006-04-20, 08:37   Link #98
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And I stumbled to another gem ... This one made 4 animes >.< Its gonna be busy weeks again.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 14:20   Link #99
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Then in this world people are treating him fairly bad (kind of his fault but I can't blame him, id be messed up if i got sent to a dif dimension). So I think it fits.
Kind of his fault? I'd say that it is mostly his fault. And he isn't messed up because he got sent to a dif dimension. He was exactly the same in his home city. (Albeit for slightly different reasons.) The fact is that Zed's just a jerk. He can't help pissing people off in every dimension. If he was online he'd be flaming everyone with his posts and then wondering why he got banned.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 14:41   Link #100
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Kind of his fault? I'd say that it is mostly his fault. And he isn't messed up because he got sent to a dif dimension. He was exactly the same in his home city. (Albeit for slightly different reasons.) The fact is that Zed's just a jerk. He can't help pissing people off in every dimension. If he was online he'd be flaming everyone with his posts and then wondering why he got banned.
Yes Zed is an asshole, but the adults must share the blame for his deliquency. An absent father, a deranged homicidal jelly-fish obsessed mother and an oppressive society to which Zed (like most teenagers) is forced to conform without being understood. No wonder he's violent and sullen.

Even in Tempula, the adults just make things worse. Jikko does the worst possible thing - gives Zed a sword and sends him on his merry way. Some wise man he. Actually, that's just bad writing more than anything else...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-04-20 at 17:23. Reason: typo