AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 13:58   Link #61
com_gwp

This just gets weirder every time I see it.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 14:07   Link #62
Frontier

So...if I'm understanding this correctly, and I've only ever played Awakening so I'm going off that, we have ordinary high school students gaining the ability to summon Persona's based off Fire Emblem characters (like Chrom) who use them to fight against these "Mirage" enemies. Also, there's idol singing involved, skimpy outfits, and Tiki as an idol .

Wish we had gotten to hear that song from the first trailer again, I really liked that one .

Well, the graphics and character designs look pretty good, so it's got that going for it in my opinion .
Old 2015-06-16, 16:05   Link #63
Galaxian

I'm still hype for this game. This is dead center in the side of Atlus that I love.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 16:09   Link #64
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I'm still hype for this game. This is dead center in the side of Atlus that I love.
Agreed. I still have very little idea about where exactly they're going with this, but they'll have to try pretty damn hard to make a cross between SMT and FE a miss for me.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 17:33   Link #65
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So...if I'm understanding this correctly, and I've only ever played Awakening so I'm going off that, we have ordinary high school students gaining the ability to summon Persona's based off Fire Emblem characters (like Chrom) who use them to fight against these "Mirage" enemies. Also, there's idol singing involved, skimpy outfits, and Tiki as an idol .

Wish we had gotten to hear that song from the first trailer again, I really liked that one .

Well, the graphics and character designs look pretty good, so it's got that going for it in my opinion .
The crazyness of the trailers just gets me more and more interested. This is getting good
Old 2015-06-16, 18:54   Link #66
AnimeFangirl

I kinda hope it doesn't make sense in the end and we get this WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN BUT IT'S AWESOME kind of game. There are too many orthodox games out there.
Old 2015-06-16, 20:18   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Did... did just MC say main heroine's first name without honorifics? Welp, osananajimi radar is blaring out loud.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 20:33   Link #68
shadow1296

so chrom went from this
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
to this
Images
and caeda went from this
Images
to this
Images
can't say i was expecting that thought they might keep their FE designs like tiki did not to say that their new designs are bad just unexpected even if we saw them in the previous trailer, (there was nothing to suggest they were actually chrom and caeda in the first one)
Old 2015-06-16, 21:14   Link #69
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That reminds me... this was probably the trailer from the E3 stream that seemed the most exciting to me, lol. It looked pretty damn awesome.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 21:23   Link #70
Galaxian

Personally, I do like the new designs for the FE characters. What surprise me the most is that they went with Chrom instead of Marth.
Old 2015-06-16, 21:47   Link #71
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Personally, I do like the new designs for the FE characters. What surprise me the most is that they went with Chrom instead of Marth.
Especially given the presence of Caeda, Cain and Tiki. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 22:28   Link #72
shadow1296

and since the main character's transformation looks more like marth than chrom right down to the weapon, while the others still semi look like there FE Personas,

oh maybe that's the big twist that the MC is marth reincarnated in the SMT world

Last edited by shadow1296; 2015-06-16 at 22:59.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 06:20   Link #73
GDB

Tinfoil hat time:

They used Chrom instead of Marth because Marth has an Amiibo.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 12:53   Link #74
Iron Maw
Banned

Just finished watching the Treehouse demonstration for this and it made me feel quite a bit better about it. I still can't say if I'm really huge fan of the overall aesthetic, but I can start to see some of the SMT influences better in the overall gameplay. Though it looks more PersonaxIdolmaster more than anything related either FE or main SMT games really.

In any case it looks pretty fun.

For people who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLeOta98VrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwoM_dT21vA

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-06-17 at 13:39.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 16:15   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Chrom speaks -> 'Kay
Sheeda speaks -> ∑(゜∀゜)
Tiki starts singing like a Vocaloid -> Σ(´∀`;)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 18:15   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
For people who missed it
Kotaku uploaded a single video which included roughly the full sequence, including the boss battle.

Thus far the visuals are crazy but in a good way, although yeah, it looks more like Persona than SMT in term of "feeling".
Old 2015-06-17, 18:48   Link #77
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

HA! I knew Tsubasa and Itsuki were childhood friends, but I'm glad for the confirmation nonetheless. Which makes Itsuki not Marth even more perplexing, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

I don't get Chrom's design, but I can see where Caeda is coming from. Long gloves + breastplate, and I'm glad they returned her to Zettai Ryouiki. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 20:55   Link #78
Frontier

So after watching the Treehouse Live:

- Anna or an Anna-look-a-like working in a convenience store in Tokyo. Can't believe I didn't think of that .

- We've got the level of detail to the real world environment that you'd see in a Persona game, and the world the Mirages inhabit also seems Persona-ish (or Shin Megami Tensei-ish, I guess?). We then have Fire Emblem characters inhabiting the world as NPC's or as Mirages .

- So basically its Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem X Idolmaster, in that there's a big idol and performance element in the game. We have idol performance sequences with the seiyuu actually singing their characters songs, idol performance attacks, numerous idol outfits for the female cast... you have to at least admire the creators dedication to implementing the element into the game and accurately at that. The game's also probably going to have an awesome soundtrack (if you're into J-Pop at least). Happy to know that Reincarnation is Kiria's song .

- Though I echo the question as to how they'll localize the music. I imagine they'd probably just keep them as is rather than dub them over, because of all the hassle doing english versions would result in and because of how many songs will likely be in there.

- I wonder which FE character Kiria is attached to?

- So it seems like the Support function from Fire Emblem games will be present through the side stories of the main cast, while also being reminiscent of social links in that it's you (Itsuki) interacting with the rest of the cast in their respective areas of the entertainment industry that develops these side stories. The video shows how Itsuki's choices can influence the characters, and raise their Performa's, and developing the side stories can apparently lead to those special, cinematic attacks in combat.

- The texting function looks cool, and I like how the text are divided between being main story related and side story related .

- Some of the special attacks look awesome and some of them look hilarious. That Toma and Eleonora one .

- So, considering the other Mirages and Itsuki's "performance" outfit better fit Marth than Chrom, I wonder if Chrom might possibly evolve into Marth later in the game?
Old 2015-06-17, 20:57   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
- I wonder which FE character Kiria is attached to?
The one who everyone thought was Lyn? Probably Lyn.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 16:19   Link #80
Galaxian

Am I the only one hoping Tharja is one of the "Persona"?