TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 4:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2011-04-24, 22:56   Link #542
GreyFlcn

How about some rock paper scissors bloopers?

GreyFlcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:57   Link #543
Midonin
Last Engage

That rock-paper-scissors jingle is going to be stuck in my head for a few hours now.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 00:16   Link #544
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Mwahahaha. I don't care if everyone else leaves and there's only 5 people left talking in this thread by episode 13. I for one I'm enjoying this series like no tomorrow. Now this is my type of humour. I find myself laughing from start from finish.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 02:45   Link #545
ShiroiRyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgc1-PpVgrE

Clip with the true face of Hyadain and full version of OP.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-25 at 23:11. Reason: Removed second link...
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 07:51   Link #546
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
This is a studio I usually like, so I have strong expectations for it and am always ready to ride the crazy hype train that always appears and laugh when detractors come in to this studio's shows and get flamed by the pious fans but this show itself is nothing more than amusing to me even though the general trend is that it should be hilarious so now I am fearful of retribution by said fans that I once was on the same side of.
That sounds VERY backwards to me. If they keep making hits (regardless of which types of shows they make) then that is justification enough. For this to be politicized towards KyoAni regarding this show is VERY unfair to Nichijou and its new fans now (and also manga fans like me). Also, WHAT expectation should a studio have? To me, they shouldn't, as long as the can knock out all the genres they come across out of the ballpark EACH TIME.

Munto could be a bit of a stumble, but that had some creative issues to begin with. Again, it'd be very unfair to compare this one show to anything else around it. Even if it's any other studio, they have their hits and misses and certain expectations. But it's great to see them break out and be a hit. And for Nichijou fans, this is a hit. Damn the expectations.

And now it's about coming close to 5 episodes now. If people can't get over how they dislike the direction of the show or the studio, quit watching. Spare yourselves heartache.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 08:56   Link #547
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Apparently Nichijou is the most disappointing series this season according to 2000 otaku. Oh how this piss me off. Sankaku link after the link inside so NSFW warning when clicking the second link. Wow that's confusing.
Old 2011-04-25, 09:19   Link #548
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm liking Nichijou so far...the directing has been great. They use bold colors to exaggerate details, and the simpler aesthetic has allowed for very dynamic animation, and some interesting camera work, like the use of crane shots in scenes with Professor and Nano in the supermarket. It feels like Kyoani is just having fun animating this.

Of course, the "youtube"-esque jokes are an acquired taste, but I find most of them interesting, if not hilarious. Looking forward to next week when the Yamada/Horiguchi team(the team that spearheaded K-On!) do their take on Nichijou.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:48   Link #549
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Apparently Nichijou is the most disappointing series this season according to 2000 otaku. Oh how this piss me off. Sankaku link after the link inside so NSFW warning when clicking the second link. Wow that's confusing.
I'm not impressed with that list, as I like almost all of the shows listed there. However, I agree that Nichijou fails hard to meet its expectations and deserves that #1 spot, and unless a miracle happens, I don't really see this show getting any better.
Old 2011-04-25, 11:43   Link #550
Bri

One of the more enjoyable shows of the season so far. The color use, the music and the direction all match the source material very well. I like the pythonesque humor but the cultural jokes often pass me by. Don't think the deer wrestling/haiku bit from the manga would be easy to adapt.

Quote:
hmm, Nichijou on 1, Steins Gate on 2, Iroha on 5, and Tiger and Bunny on 7 after 7000 votes. Strange list as these 4 titles are also part of the top 5 of the most popular anime of the season (excluding winter anime). http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/title/5204/
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:45   Link #551
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Japanese otaku seem to have excellent, deep knowledge of anime and manga -- and fairly low aesthetic taste.

The list of the most disappointing shows, from current standings on the Biglobe website from which that Sankaku piece was taken: 1. Nichijou, 2. Steins;Gate, 3. DOG DAYS, 4. 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku, 5. Hanasaku Iroha, 6. Hidan no Aria, 7. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, 8. Tiger & Bunny, 9. Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, 10. A Channel, 11. Henzemi, 12. Softenni.

In this list, A-Channel and Denpa Onna are among my favorite shows of the season, and Nichijou and Steins;Gate aren't far behind. But I am inclined to agree about 30-sai, Ore-tachi, and Softtenni. I didn't have expectations for Dog Days, Henzemi, and Hidan, so I can't be disappointed. And Hidan isn't so bad. I didn't like the Hen Zemi OVA so haven't watched the show.

There is another list on Sankaku, also taken from Biglobe, of ten anime any anime fan must see: 1. K-ON!, 2. Angel Beats!, 3. Bakemonogatari, 4. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, 5. Gintama, 6. Toradora!, 7. To Aru Majutsu no Index, 8. Haruhi, 9. Durarara!!, 1.0. Evangelion.

Bakemonogatari, Haruhi, and Evangelion are the only ones from that list that would probably be on mine. I'd include Simoun, Five Leaves, 5cm/sec, at least one Ghibli anime, Honey & Clover, maybe Crest of Stars, maybe Marimite, Haibane Renmei, and others I can't think of right now. But I realize my taste is not mainstream (not to say a bit peculiar), so maybe these aren't the shows for most people to watch.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-04-25 at 12:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 13:39   Link #552
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Word loading can bring some really skewed survey results. I can be utterly in love with a show yet be "disappointed" in it.

The other thing to remember is that... yes, this is Sankaku. Assume *any* article is mostly designed to maximum page hits. Maximum page hits is often called "popular" by advertisers.... even if its a rage hit. Who are these 2000 "otaku"? What qualifications are needed to be listed as one? Or are these 2000 random "top 4 series" shounen fans who hate anything that isn't loud?

I hate even going to see if there's any validating data or source references because.. it gives them a page hit.
Old 2011-04-25, 16:00   Link #553
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Word loading can bring some really skewed survey results. I can be utterly in love with a show yet be "disappointed" in it....

I hate even going to see if there's any validating data or source references because.. it gives them a page hit.
Excellent points. If you want to check the data, go to the Biglobe links in my previous post and avoid Sankaku. I think Biglobe just posted the poll on its site for a few days and anyone who wanted to could (and still can) answer.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 19:54   Link #554
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Hah? I personally thought that survey result was excellent.
http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/0...isfaction.html

and biglobe list generally doesn't follow usual Otaku taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Bakemonogatari, Haruhi, and Evangelion are the only ones from that list that would probably be on mine. I'd include Simoun, Five Leaves, 5cm/sec, at least one Ghibli anime, Honey & Clover, maybe Crest of Stars, maybe Marimite, Haibane Renmei, and others I can't think of right now. But I realize my taste is not mainstream (not to say a bit peculiar), so maybe these aren't the shows for most people to watch.
ah. Maybe because my taste is totally mainstream most of the time. (except Gay-on)
Old 2011-04-25, 20:30   Link #555
NaweG
Just some guy

I wouldn't say I've found this disappointing given that I found the Manga confusing, and the anime is at least keeping me entertained. But I can't help feeling that this is one title that would have been better served by being adapted by Shaft. Given how bad the second season of Maria+holic has been, I REALLY wish this had been adapted by Shaft.

Then perhaps KyoAni could have done Yotsuba and perhaps A-1 could do Umi no Misaki, and this would have been a much better follow-up of a season than it has been so far IMNSHO
Old 2011-04-25, 20:47   Link #556
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
[link snip]

Clip with the true face of Hyadain and full version of OP.

[link snip]

Female version. ^^
You're not allowed to post links to full versions of OPs and EDs.
Old 2011-04-25, 21:04   Link #557
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Then perhaps KyoAni could have done Yotsuba and perhaps A-1 could do Umi no Misaki, and this would have been a much better follow-up of a season than it has been so far IMNSHO
There will never be a Yotsuba& anime unfortunately, no matter how well the manga already sales. Pretty tragic. Also, it would probably go to J.C.Staff rather than KyoAni anyway.
Old 2011-04-25, 21:26   Link #558
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
You're not allowed to post links to full versions of OPs and EDs.
Actually as long as it's a link to just listen to on something like youtube, and not a link to download/torrent/acquire ilegally/etc it, then links to the full version are just fine.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 21:29   Link #559
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was amused by this episode.
Old 2011-04-25, 21:54   Link #560
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Actually as long as it's a link to just listen to on something like youtube, and not a link to download/torrent/acquire ilegally/etc it, then links to the full version are just fine.
I did that once in another thread a month ago (was a link to youtube), and I got a warning telling me that it wasn't allowed. Just warning others.

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life