AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 10:52   Link #41
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
You would hope Gai is standing besides that Nara guy. Cause Kabuto is probably going to send a couple zombies his way. I am beginning to think Gaara's and not Kakashi's division is the strongest on the field. At least for plot purposes. Maybe because of Lee and Sakura not doing anything, but Kakashi's division doesn't seem as interesting now that they are actually fighting.

If Zabuza and Mangetsu are the strongest swordsmen, then they aren't that great to begin with. Kakashi's division will rally and find a way to win. We still have much stronger opponents like Akatsuki, Hanzou, Jinchuuriki, Kages, and whatever Kabuto pulls out of his butt behind them. Even the Konoha group are probably individually stronger than each swordsmen. So the 7 swordsmen are more of a Quirky Mini boss Squad. I wouldn't be shocked if Kishimoto drags out a few more groups like this to pad the manga.

Plot protected from death. But not injury. I could see Kakashi dodging and getting cut. It wouldn't be a true Kakashi fight without him being in peril.
That is very true considering Zabuza is not that strong at all. Mangestu was said to have mastered all of the sword though so i'm still holding out some hope for him. You can't be that weak if you mastered all 7 of the swords can you unless Suigetsu was just being fanboy when he was talking about his older brother.
Old 2011-01-15, 19:30   Link #42
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
It smells, but it seems the summoned swords will find their way into the real world. I don't see why Suigetsu should talk about them in detail if it wasn't for the fact that he'd soon lay his hands on these swords. Besides, the sword called "Twin" was not summoned (or they were not able to summon it).
I got the idea that this is Huozuki Mangetsu's sword and that it can copy the other swords by crossing blades.

In my opinion, Zabusa is very strong but has not been shown to be that strong in comparison to other characters. It's a fact that we have witnessed a totally different and increased meaning of strength in Naruto Shippuuden/ part 2. Even characters from the first part have increased dramatically and I'm not talking about the new generation here, even Itachi, Kisame, Jiraiya and Kakashi were totally different from before. Compare the old Kakashi to the new one and add the Demon Zabusa power, then you will come close to knowing how strong he is.

Besides, we have to consider that they are a team and from one generation. They are no mixed characters, they are the prodigies who have survived the Battle Royale of the Hidden Mist and they've become the embodiment of the Mist's power. Then again I think it's a stupid mix. There was that team Zabusa-Haku and on the other hand the Seven Swordsmen of the Hidden Mist. Zabusa is the only link between them as Zabusa met Haku after he had left the village.

Interesting is that we now know that Zabusa might not be a criminal but a hero as he is known for an attempt to kill the Mist's leadership - which also means that he has seen through Madara, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So yeah, this guy.

Is Kishi hiring five-year-olds to work on his manga now?
That's Gerard Depardieu xD

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2011-01-15 at 19:45.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 23:08   Link #43
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Alliance already killed them once. Don't know why the they even allow the swordmen to move. They can just keep obliterating them, then seal them when they least expect it. Not like they can't just pick up their weapons afterwards.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 19:54   Link #44
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Besides, the sword called "Twin" was not summoned (or they were not able to summon it).
I got the idea that this is Huozuki Mangetsu's sword and that it can copy the other swords by crossing blades.
Probably not. There's seven swords on the scroll and four swords were summoned. Zabuza's sword, Kisame's sword and that mist kid's sword weren't summoned. Ie all swords are now accounted for.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 20:04   Link #45
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
omg how retarded does kishi think we are. "An unforgivable evil intent , zabuza ignores haku and moves to cut down kakashi". WTF. Didnt he just show a page with 7 people getting blown to kingdom come, and regenerate. Who gives a shit if he ignores haku and cuts him, he can fucking regerenate it all back. If i was in zabuza's position and haku was my MOTHER id still have no problem. Geez, am i the only one ticked off at this....retardedness?
Those lines full of !!! and ??? at chapters's ends are typically added by Shounen Jumps editors, you can safely ignore them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Alliance already killed them once. Don't know why the they even allow the swordmen to move. They can just keep obliterating them, then seal them when they least expect it. Not like they can't just pick up their weapons afterwards.
They can't see them. That's why the priority is Zabuza, as long as he is operational his Mist no jutsu covers the battlefield and the Alliance can't use their number efficiently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora
Interesting is that we now know that Zabusa might not be a criminal but a hero as he is known for an attempt to kill the Mist's leadership - which also means that he has seen through Madara, doesn't it?
Considering Zabuza is seen as the embodiment of the cruelty and evil of the old ways of the Blood Mist I'd say that's unlikely.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 01:56   Link #46
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd rather have it this way actually, since I don't believe Talking Is A Free Action. Especially during war.
they don't have to talk, i've read manga fight scenes where the fighters think to themselves trying to figure out their opponents' abilities. that could work too. i guess i wanted to be surprised and by having suigetsu explain things, granted that he didn't explain everything, it was still a bit of a spoiler for me.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 13:16   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

This chapter: Yay swords!
Old 2011-01-17, 20:22   Link #48
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Those lines full of !!! and ??? at chapters's ends are typically added by Shounen Jumps editors, you can safely ignore them.
thanks, but i'd prefer to dangerously avoid them
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 15:47   Link #49
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Considering Zabuza is seen as the embodiment of the cruelty and evil of the old ways of the Blood Mist I'd say that's unlikely.
Well, a hero like Itachi of course...
Old 2011-01-18, 17:22   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah but Itachi had enough fangirls.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:18   Link #51
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
In my opinion, Zabusa is very strong but has not been shown to be that strong in comparison to other characters. It's a fact that we have witnessed a totally different and increased meaning of strength in Naruto Shippuuden/ part 2. Even characters from the first part have increased dramatically and I'm not talking about the new generation here, even Itachi, Kisame, Jiraiya and Kakashi were totally different from before.
I totally agree with this statement! I was just watching through all the old naruto fights and they had a completely different vibe to them than they do now. The best example is Naruto during the chuunin exam. This was the first time naruto actually got smarter in combat and was making multiple good decisions and attack choices as opposed to now where he's all about the Shounin power up syndrome.

I feel like everyone is selling Zabuza short because he got beat by Kakashi before he had MS, but Kakashi almost died both times they fought and didn't directly overpower Zabuza like what happens in these newer fights. There were subtle intelligent choices Kakashi made to place himself in advantageous positions. Now that Zabuza is a Zombie none of the cheats Kakashi used before will work.
Old 2011-01-19, 02:13   Link #52
james0246

No spoilers are out yet, but the new thread has been started, so any speculative discussion should be moved there...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 11:10   Link #53
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Well, a hero like Itachi of course...
The point I was making is that Zabuza is viewed as the pinacle of cruelty created by the old ways of the Bloody Mist, a path they have forsaken with the desmise of Yagura.
It's hard to see the current Mist seeing Zabuza as a hero whereas when a ninja from the Mist displays uncommon cruelty and viciousness they are called the 2nd coming of Zabuza.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion