AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 15:52   Link #261
Vezon

Thanks for the update. Those new girls are kinda annoying. So Ayato really is weak without his power.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 17:51   Link #262
zerodragon

thanks for the next chapter, man i am starting to like saya after that chapter. can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:24   Link #263
bakapervert
A pervert

So, Ayato is a weakling when his power is still sealed, and even when his power is released its only for five minute. It looks like there will be a lot of hard fight in the future. But I'm not really clear with the explanation of the seal, can he use his power in short burst rather than releasing his seal fully nonstop? Like using short burst to dash or just before his attack make contact.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 18:52   Link #264
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
So, Ayato is a weakling when his power is still sealed, and even when his power is released its only for five minute. It looks like there will be a lot of hard fight in the future. But I'm not really clear with the explanation of the seal, can he use his power in short burst rather than releasing his seal fully nonstop? Like using short burst to dash or just before his attack make contact.
You know, what you said made me double-check the translation (there was a double negative -_-), and I think you're right - I made a small, but significant change. Here's how it's worded now.
Spoiler:

That would make more sense as this would explain how he can use abilities multiple times during a single training session. This, however, is one of those areas where J-C-E rears its ugly head. We'd need someone else to clarify...or we'll find out as the story goes on (I haven't read ahead).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Doing it in short bursts would probably cause pain after each burst so I don't think it's practical.
I apologize if this wasn't clearer, but the difference between the three and five minute limits is that he's still alright after three minutes, whereas five minutes puts him out for the day.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:36   Link #265
Jirachier

I thought that he was much stronger than Julis when unsealed, but it seems that's not the case seeing how much trouble he had.
Also I hope the tournament starts soon instead of the one month left spanning several volumes *_*
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:39   Link #266
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I thought that he was much stronger than Julis when unsealed, but it seems that's not the case seeing how much trouble he had.
Also I hope the tournament starts soon instead of the one month left spanning several volumes *_*
He's much stronger than Julis when unsealed. From what I've read, he unsealed his power only when he falls in Julis' trap to his Dragons arts techniques.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:44   Link #267
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea he's much stronger the problem is he cant maintain that power for a long time. If u watched High school Dxd Balance breaker is a good example. It gives him far higher strength but he can only use it for a short time without problems.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:54   Link #268
Hiyono

Quote:
Hrm. My translations must really suck; people seem to be having a hard time understanding...

Just from chapter 2 alone, there are these lines that show he's still far above her (when unsealed):
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-23, 19:57   Link #269
ImperialFlameGod8190

your translations don't suck most people just read a lot of LN's looking only for the harem scenes and don't see the details
Old 2013-08-23, 21:49   Link #270
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank for the update.

What are the chances of Ayato being more awesome by having him a Dante without him knowing? like his sister were.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 22:42   Link #271
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Hrm. My translations must really suck; people seem to be having a hard time understanding...

Just from chapter 2 alone, there are these lines that show he's still far above her (when unsealed):
Spoiler:
I think that what sucks here is the ones that are reading and not your translations. Sometimes I get the feeling that some people read the fight scenes like this:

Quote:
Ayato attacked........fell..........Julis's trap..............Julis attacked...........flames.............Ayato surrounded............dodged.......Ayato won......
It's clearly stated in the middle of their duel that Ayato is far stronger than Julis.

PS: Thank you very much for your tranlations so far Nandesuto
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 04:54   Link #272
ImperialFlameGod8190

btw when saya is first revealed she's surprised that Julis was even standing after a duel with Ayato so there's more then enough to suggest that he is far stronger before his real power was revealed. Its funny Ayato's situation is a lot like early naruto. He has this huge power but its sealed inside of him and if that huge power is unleashed he becomes far stronger then everyone else
Old 2013-08-24, 13:20   Link #273
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
btw when saya is first revealed she's surprised that Julis was even standing after a duel with Ayato so there's more then enough to suggest that he is far stronger before his real power was revealed. Its funny Ayato's situation is a lot like early naruto. He has this huge power but its sealed inside of him and if that huge power is unleashed he becomes far stronger then everyone else
I hope his situation isn't like that because Naruto was only able to unleashe his powers at the absolute end of the series.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 13:24   Link #274
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I hope his situation isn't like that because Naruto was only able to unleashe his powers at the absolute end of the series.
for some reason I suspect that's exactly what will happen. His sister will reveal herself and unseal his powers or somebody will unseal them for him and he'll have to defeat his sister.
Old 2013-08-24, 13:40   Link #275
blaspot
\o/

I like how there is different faction from different school having their own plan and goals, really spices up this story
blaspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 15:01   Link #276
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaspot View Post
I like how there is different faction from different school having their own plan and goals, really spices up this story
Absolutely. One of the things that sets this series apart from other shounen-harem types is there's actual depth to the setting. As opposed to just power levels and whatnot, there's a real element of just how gray morality can be.

In a world where "everyone" has a real chance of realizing their dreams - at the cost of others' - you have to ask yourself how far you'd be willing to go to make those dreams come true. This is what the story means when it talks about how the Integrated Enterprise Foundation has warped society's views of morality: they've taught people to put their own goals above all else. In any other shounen series, this would be a very clearly "bad" thing, but in this series, it's much more morally ambiguous, because a lot of those goals are what you'd consider "good", like Julis', for example.

My personal opinion is that this is the reason Ayato's sister sealed his powers - to give him an outsider's perspective on all of this. There's a quote attributed to Miyamoto Musashi which goes something like "Justice without power is empty. But power without justice is simply known as violence." Her act of sealing his powers teaches him both halves of this adage: the seal on him teaches him the first part - the value and necessity of power, and the second, because he's been made an outsider, he learns what happens when you have power, but lack the morality and discipline to wield that power correctly. In this sense, she really is "protecting" him by having sealed his abilities - protecting him from the distorted view of power that the Integrated Enterprise Foundation and the Ember Tears have brought on their world.
Old 2013-08-25, 10:51   Link #277
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Absolutely. One of the things that sets this series apart from other shounen-harem types is there's actual depth to the setting. As opposed to just power levels and whatnot, there's a real element of just how gray morality can be.

In a world where "everyone" has a real chance of realizing their dreams - at the cost of others' - you have to ask yourself how far you'd be willing to go to make those dreams come true. This is what the story means when it talks about how the Integrated Enterprise Foundation has warped society's views of morality: they've taught people to put their own goals above all else. In any other shounen series, this would be a very clearly "bad" thing, but in this series, it's much more morally ambiguous, because a lot of those goals are what you'd consider "good", like Julis', for example.

My personal opinion is that this is the reason Ayato's sister sealed his powers - to give him an outsider's perspective on all of this. There's a quote attributed to Miyamoto Musashi which goes something like "Justice without power is empty. But power without justice is simply known as violence." Her act of sealing his powers teaches him both halves of this adage: the seal on him teaches him the first part - the value and necessity of power, and the second, because he's been made an outsider, he learns what happens when you have power, but lack the morality and discipline to wield that power correctly. In this sense, she really is "protecting" him by having sealed his abilities - protecting him from the distorted view of power that the Integrated Enterprise Foundation and the Ember Tears have brought on their world.
I fully agree to what you said but I think that there's still a deeper meaning to what Haruka did what she did with Ayato.

My guess would be that Ayato has some hidden power that some bad guys out there, are after.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:08   Link #278
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I fully agree to what you said but I think that there's still a deeper meaning to what Haruka did what she did with Ayato.

My guess would be that Ayato has some hidden power that some bad guys out there, are after.
Yeah, there's a very good chance that's the case.

In other news, chapter 3 is now up. It's short, and I'm slow, and sorry =(
Old 2013-08-25, 11:19   Link #279
cutieteen97

Thanks for the chapter nandesuto!

Also I think you make pretty quick progress >:
cutieteen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:50   Link #280
bludvein

Quote:
Yeah, there's a very good chance that's the case.

In other news, chapter 3 is now up. It's short, and I'm slow, and sorry =(
What are you saying? You have been chucking out like 1 chapter every 2 days. That's better than like 95% of the translators on B-T. Your doing fine .
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life