FF7.... not all that tragic but still
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 08:01   Link #3
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
God dammit, it's Aerith, Aeris in America. How can you say it wasn't that tragic, it was the saddest scene in videogame history. I wept like a baby when that happened. I wanted so much for Cloud and her to be together.

That aside, i loved the Suikoden games as well. Lulu getting killed in Suikoden III was sad too, especially more so because Hugo was my favorite character. Another death that i thought was sad, was when Fortune died in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, she was a cool ass character. There are more, but i have to think about em.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 08:58   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

It was extra-tragic if you trained her to be your highest character, had all her limits, all her equipment and everything like that...
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 09:16   Link #5
Archuka
A territory most absolute

First place: Kana from Kana ~Little Sister~

Second place: Umm yeah, probably Aeris/Aerith from FF7.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 09:28   Link #6
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
First place: Kana from Kana ~Little Sister~
Thanks for the spoil. Something that makes you really happy.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 10:05   Link #7
Muraki
Dreamer

Even though Sephiroth is like in his kewlness...for quite awhile I really felt like bashing his head after the Aeris thing

I'm so shallow but white/light light hair is attracting in a weird way...not on an old person though ~_~
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 10:25   Link #8
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Aw dangit! I was in the MIDDLE of Kana! *grumble*
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 10:33   Link #9
wnkryo
HainShodan

Spoiler:

Last edited by wnkryo; 2003-12-20 at 14:41.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 14:28   Link #10
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

The spoiler tags in the first post didn't really get the point across for some of you, did it? Or do you think it's fun to ruin other people's game experiences? Don't mean to be a grumpy ass or anything (that's Xris' job), but you could take the little extra effort not to spoil it for others.
Old 2003-12-20, 14:44   Link #11
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
The spoiler tags in the first post didn't really get the point across for some of you, did it? Or do you think it's fun to ruin other people's game experiences? Don't mean to be a grumpy ass or anything (that's Xris' job), but you could take the little extra effort not to spoil it for others.
Already edited. Sorry about that, but the game is VERY OLD, and has come out in multiple platforms. So I thought that those (millions) people already know, and that those who dont most likley heard of it already or aren't going to play the game any time soon.
Old 2003-12-20, 18:43   Link #12
大和魂
Inactive Member

Yes I will also have to say that it is Final Fantasy 7.

The scene is sooo tragic. The scene is so beautifully made, and when Cloud takes her out to the pond and then let go of her, as she disappears from us descending through the water, the pain and loss that I feel becomes even greater.

Square really succeeded in creating a strong, powerful, emotional scene, a scene where one`s tears just keep on running down one`s cheeks. I was left with an undescribable emptiness in my heart after that scene. I don`t for how long I remained in that place after that scene, but it sure felt like an eternity.

And after that I think it will have to be Final Fantasy 6.
It`s almost as tragic as Final Fantasy 7.
The scene that I`m pointing at is the one that takes place in the middle part of the game. She is stranded on an island. Not long after that, tragecy awaits her.
I won`t reveal more than so. I guess that the ones whom have played it will know what scene I am pointing at.

And then the ending scene of Final Fantasy X. How tragic.
大和魂 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 20:10   Link #13
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

most of the games mentioned are rpg, i think i'm really sad every time Mai dies in KOF 97, she just goes flying and screams 'ANNNNNNNNDYYY', yeah, and also, the bouncing stopped as well. put that aside, Aeris' death is probably most tragic, seeing how unexpected it was, ah well, i liked yuffie better either way. so.
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 21:19   Link #14
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
It was extra-tragic if you trained her to be your highest character, had all her limits, all her equipment and everything like that...
I never that problem. I hated Aeris. I was kinda glad she died. Good riddence to that stupid bitch.

The saddest death to a chatacter I actually cared about would have to be

MGS:1
Spoiler:

Now that I think about it. These aren't really tragic deaths. They're more really sad deaths. Not really a tragedy at all. In order for it to be a tragedy there must be a tragic flaw with the chatacter and the chatacter must be destined to die. FF7
Spoiler:
doesn't really have any Tragic flaws so I would be hard pressed to call her a tragic hero or her death tragic.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 21:29   Link #15
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
I never that problem. I hated Aeris. I was kinda glad she died. Good riddence to that stupid bitch.

The saddest death to a chatacter I actually cared about would have to be

MGS:1
Spoiler:

Now that I think about it. These aren't really tragic deaths. They're more really sad deaths. Not really a tragedy at all. In order for it to be a tragedy there must be a tragic flaw with the chatacter and the chatacter must be destined to die. FF7
Spoiler:
doesn't really have any Tragic flaws so I would be hard pressed to call her a tragic hero or her death tragic.

WAIT! MG1 was also good...
Old 2003-12-20, 21:58   Link #16
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
suiko 3

Spoiler:

if you play FF6 right, that death doesn't happen... but i only got it to work once after 4-5 tries.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 22:12   Link #17
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

I think Aeris' death was quite a relief, damn, I hated her, she was so damn weak. Luckily I never trained her and HURRAY! One character less to train.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 23:04   Link #18
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Yeah, she was my favorite character in ff7. None of the other characters were Adequate replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon The Cat
I think Aeris' death was quite a relief, damn, I hated her, she was so damn weak. Luckily I never trained her and HURRAY! One character less to train.
If you think she was weak, you weren't using her correctly. Aeris was primarily a magic user, but if you put her in the first row, and used cure to offset the extra damage she would take, she could be just as effective with physical attacks as the other characters.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 23:08   Link #19
XHeartEyesYouX

Send a message via AIM to XHeartEyesYouX Send a message via MSN to XHeartEyesYouX
you fools are leaving out the time when supermario gets hit by one of those shell things....pure tearjerkerism
XHeartEyesYouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 23:22   Link #20
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I love how the name of the thread is most tragic death of a game character, yet some people expect spoilers to be hidden, sorry i find that retarded. Another death i can't believe i forgot to mention, was from Xenogears. It was when Ramsus died, he was treated so badly by the emperor and the high counsel. The was he just threw his life away sucked. He was a cool character. And yeah the end of FFX did get me all teary-eyed and choked up. I really liked both characters, but that is why we have FFX-2 WEEEEE.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote