AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 32.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 45.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 07:20   Link #41
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
And "I think, therefore I am. Therefore I devour"?
LMAO i loved that line i think i will start using along with one of my other favorite "We will get along fine once you learn how to obey" lol

Im hoping we get more episodes with the Blackstar from episode 10 i really liked him this time around. I noticed how much punishment he can take and still dish out some hurt of his own.
Old 2008-06-13, 07:47   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Anyone watched the late nite version? Any additional stuff beside extended preview?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-13, 09:57   Link #43
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Anyone watched the late nite version? Any additional stuff beside extended preview?
I watched it and i didnt see anything extra other than the extended preview. I thought i might have missed something so i watched it again but i didnt see anything different.
Old 2008-06-13, 10:06   Link #44
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post

And "I think, therefore I am. Therefore I devour"?
I found that line kinda odd since "I think, therefore I am" was coined by the philospoher Descartes, I wonder if that was the exact translation of the raw. The "therefore I devour" seemed to make sense though

Interesting that both Tsubaki and her brother are weapons, where as Maka and her dad, one is a master, one is a weapon. Obviously Patty and Liz are both weapons but there case is alittle different from Tsubaki's.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-13, 11:13   Link #45
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well I like BS mostly cause he is skilled under that goofy exterior. The reason I ended up hating Naruto and Ichigo from Bleach was that instead of becoming more skillfully they just got more raw power. Eventually it turns into, I open doors with nuclear blasts, ridiculousness.

The fact that his "resonance of souls" was a utilitary shield instead of a giant blast also help .

At this point in the anime I have more questions about the universe itself than the various characters.

Still great quality of animation and decent story telling goes a long way.
Old 2008-06-13, 12:18   Link #46
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
oh I forgot

im asking this question again since no one was able to answer it the first time around. Does anyone know if Medusa's fighting capability is limited to just magic? Im asking because of her moments in the OP. It makes it look like shes doing a martial art similar to capaweda.
I thought she was cossack-dancing.
Old 2008-06-13, 15:15   Link #47
Echoes

Great episode, my personal favorite of the series thus far. Tsubaki was my favorite character since her first appearance, and I'm very pleased with the character exploration in this episode. My Black Star tolerance is rapidly growing as well, if this keeps up I can really start appreciating them as a duo.

"I'm still in the prime of my life!" Loved it.

Oh, and I really thought the Fey Blade would turn out to be Tsubaki's father; not her brother. Doesn't really make much of a difference, though.
Old 2008-06-13, 18:21   Link #48
Zoe

Where is this "Fey" coming from?
Old 2008-06-13, 19:55   Link #49
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Where is this "Fey" coming from?
Fey means supernatural, otherworldly, mysterious. Having looked up the kanji used in youto, it's actually a surprisingly accurate translation. Although it does sound kinda weird and makes me think of fairies when it probably shouldn't.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:59   Link #50
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Fey means supernatural, otherworldly, mysterious. Having looked up the kanji used in youto, it's actually a surprisingly accurate translation. Although it does sound kinda weird and makes me think of fairies when it probably shouldn't.
I'm wondering if they used it just cause FF has used it... which isn't a good justification at all.

The top two hits on Wikipedia are:

- A word for fairies with multiple spellings
- A word means "doomed, fated to die", often ascribed to supernatural causes, and evidenced by abnormal behavior (cognate to Old Norse féigr, German feige)

It's better than saying "demon blade," but... meh.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:00   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Well I like BS mostly cause he is skilled under that goofy exterior. The reason I ended up hating Naruto and Ichigo from Bleach was that instead of becoming more skillfully they just got more raw power. Eventually it turns into, I open doors with nuclear blasts, ridiculousness.

The fact that his "resonance of souls" was a utilitary shield instead of a giant blast also help .

At this point in the anime I have more questions about the universe itself than the various characters.

Still great quality of animation and decent story telling goes a long way.
I think the fact he has good skills helps make him more likable. Nothing is worse than someone who is loud, but has limited skills behind it. They actually did a good job luring the Fey Blade into the sky and then keeping him stuck with the shield star.

Think Maka and Kid have the big blast category of soul resonance covered. Though wonder if they can have more than one result out of a soul resonance. Wouldn't count anything out considering Tsubaki can turn into multiple weapons.
Old 2008-06-14, 15:33   Link #52
lmd_84

They've changed this arc? Interesting, even if they're just minor changes. It might hint at Bones changing the story from the manga's progression (which I think, eventually, is a given anyway if it's to stick to 50/51 episodes). Not sure why Maka and Kid are watching the fight. Be interesting to see what they have to say about it.

[snip]

What I like about Soul Resonance is that it isn't an attack in itself, as it combines the power of Tech and Weapon which then can be used in different ways (best demonstrated so far by Stein and Death Scythe).

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-06-14 at 19:17. Reason: spoiler
Old 2008-06-16, 09:27   Link #53
Tadashi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I found that line kinda odd since "I think, therefore I am" was coined by the philospoher Descartes, I wonder if that was the exact translation of the raw. The "therefore I devour" seemed to make sense though

Interesting that both Tsubaki and her brother are weapons, where as Maka and her dad, one is a master, one is a weapon. Obviously Patty and Liz are both weapons but there case is alittle different from Tsubaki's.
The original Japanese is "Ware omou, yue ni ware ari." That's the "official" translation of the immortal truth; a quick google search will even tell you that ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
That's how I thought of it. The kanji itself does make you think of fairies, but it's used for other things like supernatural beasts (youkai). I didn't even know that's how they translated it in FF until my friend told me so after seeing the episode. ^^

Kinda like how I had no idea the official translation for 'shokunin' was "meister" until last night when I finally read Chapter 8b in the manga. I feel like a twit. I was wondering why I saw it everywhere on the internet -.-
Old 2008-06-16, 12:19   Link #54
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well, in Maka's case her mother's a Technician, and only her dad's a Weapon, so I reckon she could have been born as a Weapon instead. We don't know about Tsubaki's family, so perhaps both her parents are Weapons.
Old 2008-07-01, 14:56   Link #55
Firewarrior

I'm a bit late, but who cares. ^^"

I saw Episode 10 and hell yeah! Finally a episode where a little bit story is shown to the viewer! Not only those annoying episodes but a really exciting episode! The fight against this little kid from the village was kinda cool, especially how Shibuki and Black Star managed to defeat this little kid and the sword.

Well episode 11 is gonna be a real fun! So, see you later - I'm going to watch Episode #10 now! *glad*
Closed Thread