AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-17, 17:51   Link #2261
velvet nightmare

we will honestly have to see what will happen with eiji next week, though tbh the series could have ended right then and there if yuki decided to give in. rina gets touya, yuki gets eiji and everyone is happy, and the other people get cut off lol.

in any case he called the police right after yuki ran away from him, i think that strongly signifies he's done. up to that point all he had left was yuki and remember how he said he wanted to prevent any 'damage' to yuki or something along those lines, well guess what, he just put a huge dent in her heart.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 22:49   Link #2262
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep25:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 23:23   Link #2263
Key Board
Carbon

ep 25

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 00:20   Link #2264
Mazryonh

Well, that's too bad for Yayoi then. I was hoping they would reveal the truth behind her mindset and her past and why she was sticking with Touya despite not having any further "official" reason to.

I guess part of what I said earlier of this series being a 13 hour marketing campaign for the PS3 game is true then. If someone like me wanted to find the truth behind Yayoi's story, I'd have no recourse but to learn Japanese, buy a PS3 and then buy the White Album game. Anime series are made to make money, after all.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 04:07   Link #2265
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Ugh. BIG BOO for this series, pretending to have something deep in its story and yet all we get is that Touya is a scary woman-hunting-freakazoid and all the women are whacked in the head. And most of the guys either die literally or figuratively or get demoralized again and again. And we still don't see the reasoning or the payoff behind it.

Great atmosphere, great production no doubt, but I'm not really feeling the 'it' factor of the story at this point.

Full Moon o Sagashite is like a giant compared to this midget.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 09:13   Link #2266
Peanutbutter

Looks like this really is one big promo for the game.

I don't see everything resolved in the end. Poor Rina though.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 10:26   Link #2267
crayven

I want to have a closure next weekend! Even Touya holding Rina's hands at the end is enough!
crayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 11:58   Link #2268
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Page 25:
Old 2009-12-19, 12:58   Link #2269
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Page 25:
Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 13:00   Link #2270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2009-12-19, 18:56   Link #2271
thedonkiluminati

Gotta say, I never hated this show until they did what they did to Rina. Totally unnecessary.
Old 2009-12-19, 19:45   Link #2272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, a random production note: It looks as though Nagoya TV will be broadcasting the final episode at the same time as they broadcast episode 25 as sort of "double feature", and that will be on Thursday morning at 3:24am JST (episode 25 will start at 2:54am). So people who are waiting for the last episode may be able to see it a bit early in some cases (normally the first-airing station is Saturdays at 1:30am JST).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 02:41   Link #2273
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
Gotta say, I never hated this show until they did what they did to Rina. Totally unnecessary.
Rina totally got drama-fied. Even though the director has said before that they weren't going to rely on cheap drama trickery to advance the story, and yet we saw a hailstorm worth of them the last 5 episodes..
Old 2009-12-20, 04:28   Link #2274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Rina totally got drama-fied. Even though the director has said before that they weren't going to rely on cheap drama trickery to advance the story, and yet we saw a hailstorm worth of them the last 5 episodes..
The cheap drama tricks i've seen haven't advanced the story though. It's been the odd approach the series has that advances the story.
Old 2009-12-20, 12:53   Link #2275
foxy12

Toyua or whatever his name started out very sympathetic but now his just ..I don't know ..

how is this going to end ,I have no idea .I'm only watching for Rina .It's too bad she lost her voice ...That is not say I hate the characters.Yes,they are very flawed but it makes things much more interesting.This show is very well-written ..why do people say it's bad ?

Last edited by foxy12; 2009-12-20 at 13:48.
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 15:14   Link #2276
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy12 View Post
Toyua or whatever his name started out very sympathetic but now his just ..I don't know .. how is this going to end ,I have no idea .I'm only watching for Rina .It's too bad she lost her voice ...That is not say I hate the characters.Yes,they are very flawed but it makes things much more interesting.This show is very well-written ..why do people say it's bad ?
Interesting post. Personally, I have more sympathy for Touya now than I ever did before. All his tricks have left him empty.

Rina is the least of my own personal interests here -- she is boringly normal, compared to the people around her -- but I agree that the show is well-written, and well storyboarded and directed: not to be a show like other shows, but to be a very unusual show with fascinatingly odd rhythms.

I agree with Shiroth that it is the show's unusual approach that makes it special. The melodrama is so sudden/extreme that I don't exactly take it seriously, and yet it somehow has its effect on me anyway. People who don't like the strangeness have a right to think the show is bad, however.

Rina is too normal to be interesting to me in the bizarre context of this show, but her conversations with Kanzaki are brilliant, the most direct and honest parts of the show. Kanzaki has turned out to be one of my favorite characters now: not that I like her, just that she is so full and real.
Spoiler for ep25:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:08   Link #2277
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I am honestly glad to be as patient to wait for the subs before watching the episode.
Let's see...
Spoiler for ep 25:

No matter what others say, I think this was a pretty good episode. The signs are still mixed about whom he's going to choose. Also cunningly they thought out a method to keep Rina's chances without much of a romantical development. Also it's quite commentable how Rina kept his composure despite the situation...though to mention the analogy again Sheryl was like that too. Only because of Alto's emotional outbreak she let out her true feelings. A thing which Touya obviously didn't do. I am kind of excited about the next episode. It might turns out to be better than I expected.

Also I can understand the negative reactions of others. Without knowing exactly the conversations the episode seems kind of dull. That's why I am glad to watch this episde with subs.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 19:04   Link #2278
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The cheap drama tricks i've seen haven't advanced the story though. It's been the odd approach the series has that advances the story.
True. Which is all the reason why I wonder why they resort to the soap opera tropes. A lot of the characters just gets whacked around and there's really nothing to show for it.
Old 2009-12-20, 19:16   Link #2279
Freeter
beyond

Lots of revelations this time around, along with Touya's mental babbling. Glad I waited on the subs also.

Spoiler for page 25:

Only one more ep to go, and I have no idea what's in store...but one thing's for sure, this is easily my top pick for this season. It's going to take a massively unexpected plot twist to derail this ending, and with the show already being unpredictable as is, anything could happen.

Needless to say, I can't wait
Old 2009-12-20, 21:49   Link #2280
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Poor Rina ...
Lol , Menou and Touya should have "done that" .

I feel that the end will be rushed or not ...
Cuz , we don't know more about Yayoi's past .
Fat guy ... well you know ...
Is it really finish between Misaki with Akira ?
Haruka ?
Mana ?
Menou and the little girl ?

Well , Touya will stay with Rina then they'll take the opportunity for bing bang or not ->
"We are sitting together , for the whole night , we did not move"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen