AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 01:32   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Sorry, I got lost, since when did I started comparing MK9 to DoA? Oh wait, I almost forgot, you hate MK, that's why you must compare it to everything so you can prov it is a bad game, my bad.
In the first line of your second post in this thread. Here I'll paste it. A lot diferent when adding new gameplay, new mechanics and new features.

And what I think of MK9 has no bearing on me pointing out the irony in you fanboying a game for doing the same thing as a game you're criticizing. Quit with the straw-man arguments.

Quote:
I'll be leaving now, I don't want to insult the Fighting games master with my inferior precense.
No you're leaving because I've proven you wrong and you have no rebuttal.

You said that MK9 is different to this because it did new things, even though you pointing out something new in this. You're wrong and you yourself provided the evidence.

You said it was a slight upgrade from the previous games and than backtrack to saying it's at a minimum level for any game. That has nothing to do with your original statement. You're clearly wrong here and tried to shift the goalposts.

You than proceed to call this a hardcore game with 10 button presses when in fact it's a very casual game and the game you idolize is also dial a combo. Pot, kettle.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 01:34   Link #22
Asuras
Dictadere~!

The new graphics look great compared to the previous installments, but the strange wind-blast effects with certain strikes look quite unnecessary. :\ What are they there for?

Also, the environmental activity looks incredible. Way more than just occasional cars that pass by (and kill you ) or dinosaurs that run about.
Old 2011-09-16, 02:01   Link #23
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

For me it's just the tone of the texture of the model colors which is more human now than the doll look before in DOA games.
Old 2011-09-16, 02:08   Link #24
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
For me it's just the tone of the texture of the model colors which is more human now than the doll look before in DOA games.
Yes, they've gone for a more realistic look as opposed to the dolllike look from previous games, also you can see sweat trickling down the necks and arms of Ryu and Hayate in that trailer, which is probably why the poster for this game has Kasumi with sweat down her face.

Character models are much more detailed than before, environments have also received a significant upgrade and seem to feature in the gameplay quite a bit.
Old 2011-09-16, 03:25   Link #25
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Whoop. I guess it's time to pick up DOA. Thank god they finally give PS3 a chance.
Old 2011-09-16, 03:38   Link #26
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes, they've gone for a more realistic look as opposed to the dolllike look from previous games, also you can see sweat trickling down the necks and arms of Ryu and Hayate in that trailer, which is probably why the poster for this game has Kasumi with sweat down her face.

Character models are much more detailed than before, environments have also received a significant upgrade and seem to feature in the gameplay quite a bit.
speaking of environment Iam really glad they did that kind of realism on the environment rather than just falling through floors and platforms you can grab hold and edge up. This is really a great take on DOA5 the biggest innovation yet imho.

Now Iam awaiting the girls. Makes me wonder if this story is a reboot of the series since the girls need to be young 16-20+ years are the ages.
Old 2011-09-16, 03:50   Link #27
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

which is why I'm excited to see how the ladies would look like
especially Ayane <3

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 04:08   Link #28
brocko

Graphics in that trailer was pretty fucking nuts. If that was all in-game and not a pre-rendered cinematic then HOT DAMN!

Last DoA i played was part 2 on my Dreamcast and even then i was just scrub mashing with my cousin lol. Might properly get into DoA with 5... Oh wait i don't have a console.... Orz
If it gets to PC i might have a look into it

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:22   Link #29
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

In the end, players and reviewers will tell the outcome of this title.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-17 at 14:18. Reason: Quote removed.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:50   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Reviewers, hah.

They also gave God Hand a 3 out of 10.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:53   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...h-the-envelope

Quote:
Speaking to Eurogamer backstage at Tokyo Game Show today, Hayashi argued that though the likes of Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 looked spectacular, they hadn't offered fight fans anything new in terms of gameplay.

"Of course there have been some great fighting games that have come out and the genre has really exploded in the years since Dead or Alive 4," he said.

"But when we were looking at those games we felt that there was something missing. They definitely looked great and they played well, but they were still the same sort of fighting game from 10 years ago.

"When we were looking at what to do with Dead or Alive, we want to make sure it provides something else, something different and moves the genre forward. It's not going backwards, it's trying to push the envelope for fighting games."

Hayashi didn't offer much in the way of concrete details on how the game, which is due out some time next year, intends to reinvent the wheel, but suggested we can expect a greater focus on the series' trademark destructive environmental events.

"We wanted to bring that into the modern gameplay and update that into modern action elements. Now you're able to focus on different ares of where you want to launch your opponent and we have several different sorts of dynamic attractions in the stage so that players can enjoy that sort of aspect even more."

Also I think DOA will be fine with reviewers... aside from the fanserview games it has always rated well... it's mainly hardcore fighting game fans who hate the series...

Metacritic scores...

Dead or Alive - 84
Dead or Alive Ultimate - 83
Dead or Alive 3 - 87
Dead or Alive 4 - 84
Dead or Alive Dimensions - 79

Gamerankings

Dead or Alive - 83.92%
Dead or Alive 2 - 91.37%
Dead or Alive Ultimate - 84.46%
Dead or Alive 3 - 86.18%
Dead or Alive 4 - 85.42%
Dead or Alive Dimensions - 82.22%

Considering the top notch (oh wait I mean minimum expected) graphics and that this is now a fighting entertainment game with increased interactivity with the background I can't see this ranking worst than them.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-17 at 14:19. Reason: Quote removed.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:01   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Reviewers, hah.

They also gave God Hand a 3 out of 10.
they also called Gene gay xplay and their bad sense of humor...

I miss tekken beach ball...
Old 2011-09-17, 11:06   Link #33
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Please stop you too... before either of you get sent to the corner by a mod...
Old 2011-09-17, 13:38   Link #34
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yes, let us drop this already folks.
Old 2011-09-17, 15:23   Link #35
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

My appologies if I offended or bothered someone.
Old 2011-09-17, 18:22   Link #36
Sphire

Just a note about the poster, I've been reading that it's actually a mix of Hitomi and Kasumi. The left half being Hitomi and the right being Kasumi. Having taken a closer look at the poster, that might be true. I personally can't tell who it is, but the left half and right half do look a bit different.

Either way, I've always liked the DOA series, and am happy we're getting a new one. I never tried the online in DOA4, but I've heard it was good and hopefully it'll be even better with this game.
Old 2011-10-06, 21:20   Link #37
GreatTeacherKen

An extended version of the gameplay trailer has been released. 1st half's the same as the old one, but the 2nd half (after the roof gets destroyed) has the fight being taken to the streets. That last part with Hayate getting nailed by a car looks painful.

GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 22:14   Link #38
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well at least he's still alive...I think.

Man now I think they got some inspiration from DeadFantasy.

Either way WHERE ARE THE GIRLS?!! >
Old 2011-10-07, 00:23   Link #39
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Either way WHERE ARE THE GIRLS?!! >:D
Still on an island.
Old 2011-10-07, 03:53   Link #40
Xion Valkyrie

This is pretty awesome. This seems to be the first real innovation in fighters that really takes advantage of the power of the new systems. I mean, if you're not going for tournament balance you might as well try to push the boundaries in other areas.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote