AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-05, 09:59   Link #241
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
Saber, Illya, Karen from hollow ataraxia, and several minor characters have smaller breasts than Rin's (whose breast measure is 77cm, for the record). Anyway, no matter how interesting a subject Rin's tits are, this isn't the right place to discuss it...

Beating Gilgamesh in high difficulty levels is kinda hard. Not only it's difficult to get close: he has that damned invulnerable-while-attacking guard-skipping scythe, guard attacks, and the Gate of Babylown which builds up combo gauge at a ridiculously high pace.

And then there's the killer Gate of Babylon NP + continuous sword spams + in the moment your guard is broken and you eat a sword spam, Enuma Elish.

I'm sure competent human players (e.g. not me) could come up with unbeatable strategies with him.
Problem is, Gil's too slow. I managed to hold off against Gil pretty well with Rider.(of course not fatal, I'm still new to the game)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 10:09   Link #242
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Do you guys use some sort of USB controls or the keyboard? Because for me, Rider is hard as all hell to use. Her attacks are such close range that it's next to impossible to land them if the computer is on 3 bars difficulty or higher.

Btw, on Fatal mode, the computer is just sick with the characters. Command mantra combos=holy crap. I wonder, can Assassin's Tsubame Gaeshi be blocked? Because every time he does that, it's more like "OH SHIT! Slash-slash-slash-owned."

Saber's air combo looks so funny though. It's more like this: "going up? WAIL WAIL WAIL WAIL!" She just keeps slamming down on you with her sword like she did to those veggies. So cute.

Oh, by the way, Rider's like Taki outta SC2. She jiggles !
Old 2006-06-05, 10:33   Link #243
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

A bit of revision before we continue:

Basic Controls:
or : attack

: Dodge. Move forward as well as sideways to dodge many attacks.
: Squat
: Jump
: Dash
: Jump Dash
: Guard when being attacked
Just Defense: Beserker/Assassin's special ability. Hit guard then moment your opponent's hit land on you to heal mana/hp.
Counter: Hit attack when your opponent does. A weapon clash will occur and the one who hit attack first will be stunned for a looong time.
Ex moves: When there's a move that can be done with either ABC, the version with C is called Ex move and they often costs 1 mana.

Now back to the character comparision:
Spoiler for beserker:

Spoiler for assassin:

next up: lancer

Still under construction.

url for replays:
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=508222

I'll take a break here today.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-19 at 08:55.
Old 2006-06-05, 12:24   Link #244
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Hey, I didn't know the part about Archer's parrying! Cool!

Btw, I think this hasn't been mentioned, so:

Hit points in Fatal/Fake v1.11:

Assassin : ~10000
Caster, Rider : ~12000
Lancer, Archer, Saber, Gilgamesh (all knight types), Hasan (True Assassin) : ~14000
Berserker: ~16000

iamandragon, I think what you posted before about Avalon is an errata. It hits for "only" about 11000hp, I think. At least in v1.11.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 12:29   Link #245
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Just checked it out. aldeayeah is correct.
Fixed.

Let's continue~
Spoiler for lancer:

Spoiler for Gigamesh:

next up: rider

Still under construction.

url for replays:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-06-08 at 06:17.
Old 2006-06-05, 15:48   Link #246
jaychousucks

hey im a new person and i have a question. can someone tell me why i cant install the patch? i open it and leave it and it's still at 0%
jaychousucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:00   Link #247
aldeayeah

You're missing Lancer's Gae Bolg, true version. The most difficult move in the game if you're playing with a keyboard, due to the diagonal moves required. It's used on the floor, and it's like this:

1 (hold) 319 + D

He performs his trademark jump and hurls the spear at the enemy, just like in the CG from UBW. Spends four combo bars, deals massive damage (7000 something, I think).

Also, Enuma Elish spends your whole sword stock and deals bonus damage proportional to your remaining sword stock. If you have it full (99 swords, after opening Gate of Babylon) it will hit for about 15000 damage, which is enough to kill any servant with a single blow, except Berserker.
Old 2006-06-05, 16:05   Link #248
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

iamandragon, thanks for all these.

Think I'm gonna buy the game now.

By the way, Gilgamesh doesn't seem as cheated as he is supposed to be...
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:12   Link #249
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
You're missing Lancer's Gae Bolg, true version. The most difficult move in the game if you're playing with a keyboard, due to the diagonal moves required. It's used on the floor, and it's like this:

1 (hold) 319 + D

He performs his trademark jump and hurls the spear at the enemy, just like in the CG from UBW. Spends four combo bars, deals massive damage (7000 something, I think).

Also, Enuma Elish spends your whole sword stock and deals bonus damage proportional to your remaining sword stock. If you have it full (99 swords, after opening Gate of Babylon) it will hit for about 15000 damage, which is enough to kill any servant with a single blow, except Berserker.
Ooo. Thanks for the information. I'll edit the details right now.
As for the other Gae Bolg...I have never seen it in action...and I won't bother posting it up because:
a) It's damned hard enough for me to find those up down left right arrows, and I don't want to bother drawing/looking for arrows corrosponding to 1379...
b) I don't think any of us here in tihs forum will go buy a pro joystick just for this game...

btw I just beat all fatal computers with Saber, and Gil is one of the hardest, along with Archer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychousucks
hey im a new person and i have a question. can someone tell me why i cant install the patch? i open it and leave it and it's still at 0%
Search a few pages backwards. Someone have already provided with a solution.
If it still doesn't work, pm me and I'll give you the ultimate solution that will work all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
iamandragon, thanks for all these.

Think I'm gonna buy the game now.

By the way, Gilgamesh doesn't seem as cheated as he is supposed to be...
He is less rigged in the fighting game...though he's still cheated in the original story line...
Old 2006-06-05, 16:36   Link #250
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

dragon... U r my god ^^

Wait... I`m a god myself.... Duh... I think I misunderstood something...
Old 2006-06-05, 16:42   Link #251
aldeayeah

Quote:
As for the other Gae Bolg...I have never seen it in action...and I won't bother posting it up because:
a) It's damned hard enough for me to find those up down left right arrows, and I don't want to bother drawing/looking for arrows corrosponding to 1379...
b) I don't think any of us here in tihs forum will go buy a pro joystick just for this game...
But some of us already have the pro joystick!

Don't get me wrong; it's difficult to make that movement with the keyboard, but not so much. I manage to do it one of each 3 times. If you botch it, it often comes out as Gae Bolg normal version, though. I might post a demo.

But it has one of the coolest animations in the game, in which the camera zooms to a diagonal shot of Lancer throwing the spear, like this. Which was directly inspired by this CG from the original game (one of my favorite combat CGs), making it even cooler!

And actually, it's rather difficult to fight back Gilgamesh. Even if you get close enough, he abuses that damned unblockable scythe (421B) to keep you at bay, and he can use sword spamming as a guard attack. Dealing with delayed sword spams is rather painful, too. And dealing with GoB+Enuma Elish is impossible, so you have to kill him before he fills his combo gauge.
Old 2006-06-05, 16:54   Link #252
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Let's continue~
Spoiler for rider:

next up: Caster

url for replays:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-08-25 at 09:14.
Old 2006-06-05, 17:05   Link #253
Demongod86

dragon, how do we open up the replays?
Old 2006-06-05, 17:32   Link #254
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

You'll need version Fatal/Fake ver. 1.1 to watch replays. Put the replay in training folder(most of my replays are in training mode) and watch it after selecting it.
Old 2006-06-05, 22:01   Link #255
Demongod86

Bleh...whoever made this game's AI is REALLY gay. From 3 blocks onward, there is no difference in playstyle between 3 blocks AI and fatal...the only difference is how big of a combo you eat when the computer finally whacks you..it seems that this AI was written in C++ with the following statements:

If player executes <<move>>
Perform <<countermove>>

Else player exectues <<move2>>
Perform <<countermove2>>

etc. all the way to

Else if player jumps
Perform <<countermoveX>>

The AI in this game is VERY poorly designed. When the computer goes on the attack, it always uses moves that distance itself from you to give it time to recover. Whenever you attack, it always finds just the right countermove. It is completely absurd.
Old 2006-06-05, 22:45   Link #256
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Bleh...whoever made this game's AI is REALLY gay.
Considering that this is a fan made game retailing at 2250 yen (roughly US$20). I don' t think you should expecting too much from it.

You have a choice of breaking down the coding of the AI, reprogram and recompile it to your own liking here.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 22:52   Link #257
Demongod86

You know you are talking to a complete programming NOOB? I got a C+ in basic C++. Because even on Very Hard in Soul Calibur 2 (not sure about 3), the computer is beatable and doesn't just dismember you for the least mistake. Here, 3 bars and up, the computer just plays aggro-control and punishes you for every imperfect move you make. It doesn't make for a pleasant game when the computer is playing flawlessly with computer reaction time.
Old 2006-06-05, 23:06   Link #258
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Like I said, this is a fan made game retailing at a very low and reasonable price.

You should not compare it to releases made by professional game companies like Capcom, SNK and Namco.

I admit that my profession isn't in the IT fields. But the way that you speaks seems to indicate that you can do a better job at programming the AI, which I think you should challenge yourself to.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 23:14   Link #259
Demongod86

I just think that the AI should be more aggressive and counterable rather than playing counter-fighter with computer reaction time (nonexistant), perfectly executed combos, and an entire set of logic statements that make it one-up you on nine out of ten situations. Maybe I will look into it, if I even knew what language it was programmed in...fan-made or not, I'm no computer scientist.
Old 2006-06-06, 06:20   Link #260
holybell84

Eh, where to get Fatal Fake?
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel