AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-24, 13:16   Link #3381
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And worst of all, his self loathing has escalated into the realm of arrogance, thinking that no one can get dirtier than you. What a horrible excuse to make so you don't have to change yourself......
It's a good thing Touma punched some sense into him then. Wonder what he'll do in volume 21 with his views changed...

And Kakine's gonna be beaten into a VERY bloody pulp when Accel's done with him. Seriously, going after Last Order, civilians like Uiharu, AND Yomikawa just so he could get his way? That's low.

On another note, why was Kakine going after Last Order in the first place? To lure Accel out so he could try to beat him?

Thanks for sharing the translations!
Old 2010-06-24, 14:14   Link #3382
tsunade666

didn't he said that he would like to destroy Aleister plan or rather he doesn't want to be called spare plan or just plain old back up. And his been sulking since then and then get annoyed and tried to take on Accelerator.

But the translation clarify something. The black wings are the same unknown object as kakine's Dark Matter. And when Kakine finally realized the truth it's all over for him. Too bad we didn't get to see on how will he use it. He even said he could take on all the espers on academy city when his in that state. Well his in an "awaken state" similar to the saint when they are empowered by divine magic. But his idiot for thinking such thing while fighting Accelerator. If he had time on dreaming then he should had time on focusing on his enemy. His been blind by the power of his and that nano second is his weakness. Accelerator at that state wouldn't let that chance pass.
Old 2010-06-25, 04:57   Link #3383
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
meh!
IMO:
Accelerator is the weak one here, must be awakened by some girl (or bitch?) being beaten up.
This way I like Kakine line more: "If you don't like some one, kill it" or something like that.....and his action to Yoshikawa is fond to my taste
(like hell a bitch can jump on the middle of two crazy Esper monster fight and make them stop ..create peace...etc).

*Stare at Yoshi-bitch*
Do you feel it?! Do you feel it?! ha!? ha!? (Ace Ventura style )

Yoshikawa better end up dead....it'll make me happy too
btw
Accelerator Black Wing isn't worth called "Awaken", more like "Rage" to me. It's like final struggle burst out when someone about to die.
Old 2010-06-25, 05:28   Link #3384
Ashaman

Accel did think Kakine was down for the count.

Yoshi didn't get in the way between a battle between two high espers, she just stopped Accel from killing a defenseless man.
Old 2010-06-25, 05:49   Link #3385
Sixth
Hu Tao

Oh man..After reading this..I hardly can respect Accelerator anymore...His philosophy or resolve can be blow away so easily. Seriously, he is really weak in mentality term. No wonder Touma raped him so badly in any encounter.
Old 2010-06-25, 08:36   Link #3386
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Come to think of it, Stiyl and Accelerator are very similar. Both of them are somewhat admiring and envious of Touma for doing what they feel they can't do. Accelerator puts himself down as being 'Evil' so as to justify himself as scum, while Stiyl does something similar but doesn't think of himself as 'Evil' but just helping Index.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-06-25, 08:42   Link #3387
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, you got to balance the stats out somewhere...

I guess it's more of Accelerator not seeing himself as so much of a loner now. When you are growing up with a psycho like Amata Kihara, it's not going to be easy accepting that there are things that you want to protect. He's not like Touma, he doesn't have a real set of values that he holds dear. To him, it's like he's adjusting to this new lifestyle. You can call it 'Good is Dumb' though...

Speaking of Dark Matter, this OST just came to my mind for some reason.

Well, better get back to work. The next part of the Epilogue is going to be EPIC
Old 2010-06-25, 08:46   Link #3388
tsunade666

styl too would result on doing evil just to keep that smile from index. He would even kill touma if he saw index crying.

That's a good comparison they are really alike.

Accelerator is really not strong on mentality aspect or rather his been easily shaken when someone came from his past (sisters) and someone ask to lend a hand or bring him to the light.
Old 2010-06-25, 08:51   Link #3389
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Accelerator is completely new to Heroism. That's why he's still struggling, especially since he did not abandon his ideals, which is weak in itself.

He has to learn from Touma, but not to the extent that he is gonna do the same thing like him, rushing to troubles and (ironic to his bad luck) surviving every ordeal (though barely, at times). Reality check: Touma has the ability to shield himself almost perfectly against any magical attack of a scale even normal magicians or espers are astounded about, while he, even though being the "most powerful esper", is otherwise weak inside.

Accelerator needs to be a new kind of hero, not someone who only sees himself as inferior to other people.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-25, 09:18   Link #3390
Miraluka
Banned

If there is a animated version of the fight between Kakine and Accelerator I'll made an AMV using that sound track, the chorus will be a good company to the wings and the destruction.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-06-25 at 10:45.
Old 2010-06-25, 09:37   Link #3391
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If there is a animated version of the fight between Kakine and Accelerator I'll made an AMV using that sound track, the chorus will be a good companion to the wings and the destruction.
guess I find one in youtube which can match that's scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVKsYyKYSPw
epic battle!

Kakine ended with only brain left right?, who's save his remnant then?, Anti Skill?, or Heaven Canceler?

@Teh_Ping
Spoiler for just a suggestion:
Old 2010-06-25, 10:49   Link #3392
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
guess I find one in youtube which can match that's scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVKsYyKYSPw
epic battle!

Kakine ended with only brain left right?, who's save his remnant then?, Anti Skill?, or Heaven Canceler?
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2010-06-25, 10:57   Link #3393
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
He has to learn from Touma, but not to the extent that he is gonna do the same thing like him, rushing to troubles and (ironic to his bad luck) surviving every ordeal (though barely, at times). Reality check: Touma has the ability to shield himself almost perfectly against any magical attack of a scale even normal magicians or espers are astounded about, while he, even though being the "most powerful esper", is otherwise weak inside.
YOU got this right! from the abnormal scale magicians like the magic blasted by Aqua that shattered buildings like their is no tomorrow. And Magic of the sword of curtana(forgot that sword that used by Micheal) that could destroy a town like it was nothing. And even the giant fire sword of Fianmma. I doubt any normal magicians or espers could survive that even Accelerator himself might just avoid it or might survive the attack but surely Damage. But then again it's just his right hand in vol 20. Many questions the survive rate of Touma on how can he overcome those trials. Even the characters that saw the fight admit it that with just a little right hand can't do the trick.

He fights for his ideals and his beliefs. He protects those he wants to protect and it's not like his just being a hero to the core though his just really being one when he tried to rescue the prisoners of war in vol 20 But still his "will" to never give up makes him go forward on trials and never give in his misfortune. That I think Accelerator should be learned from Touma.

Accelerator is just too pessimist or negative for his own good. I'm not even sure I use the right word negative but his view on the world that his nonredeemable is just too plain stupid if you ask me. He might be beyond redeeming himself but he shouldn't let himself get drag on too it. Like on what he did. He just go deeper and deeper into the darkness. Even if he still finds tiny specks of light that shares their light with him. He might be swayed sometimes and that event ended up as a utter failure and someone has been sacrifice but he shouldn't give up on it.

That's why his always getting his illusion shattered by Touma.
Old 2010-06-25, 14:07   Link #3394
ZeroForever

Honestly in my personal opinion Accelerator feels more realistic due to his pessimistic view of the world, given the crap that he's had to put up with in his life I honestly sympathize more with him. Considering the end result of things that involve him pretty much are never good for him or his mental/physical state.

Touma on the other hand kinda runs on shounen protagonist power, with harem building, winning despite the odds stacked against him, and standard general mary sueish gifts. Although he gets beat up everytime he ALWAYS has won the mental battle which made me go meh after a point.
Old 2010-06-25, 15:50   Link #3395
Miraluka
Banned

I think in the mental battle with Fiamma, Touma almost lost all his confidence when told Index about his memories. If Index gets away from Touma, the guy will have no world to return because since his memory loss Index become the pillar of his new life.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:06   Link #3396
tsunade666

more like she is the first person he knew. Like a new born baby that clings on the it's parent (/// I think I did a bad comparison) well aside that. The only thing that Touma remembers or rather his heart remember is when he saw the girl crying. He felt pain on his heart and led into lying. He doesn't want to see her cry or loose it's smile.

So after the big shock just like Accelerator when loosing Last Order. Touma just lost his pillar of support. Though the only difference is after brawling with Accelerator, Touma stand up again. And now Accelerator I don't know what's on his mind. He just agreed on going to the country Elezirina.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:28   Link #3397
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Like a new born baby that clings on the it's parent (/// I think I did a bad comparison) well aside that. The only thing that Touma remembers or rather his heart remember is when he saw the girl crying. He felt pain on his heart and led into lying. He doesn't want to see her cry or loose it's smile.
I think your example is" the chicken and the hen", right?

Quote:
So after the big shock just like Accelerator when loosing Last Order. Touma just lost his pillar of support. Though the only difference is after brawling with Accelerator, Touma stand up again. And now Accelerator I don't know what's on his mind. He just agreed on going to the country Elezirina.
I wonder if he is going to get a new form of wings + halo(?)
Old 2010-06-25, 17:12   Link #3398
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Honestly in my personal opinion Accelerator feels more realistic due to his pessimistic view of the world, given the crap that he's had to put up with in his life I honestly sympathize more with him. Considering the end result of things that involve him pretty much are never good for him or his mental/physical state.

Touma on the other hand kinda runs on shounen protagonist power, with harem building, winning despite the odds stacked against him, and standard general mary sueish gifts. Although he gets beat up everytime he ALWAYS has won the mental battle which made me go meh after a point.
I agree. The reason I like Accelerator so much is because he's a great character to analyze. You just KNOW when you hear the word Kihara that unspeakable things have happened to him for "development". Compared to Touma, who you know will win every time to anything he puts his mind to, Accelerator's actions are more compelling to watch.

However, suddenly changing his views to be more optimistic is difficult for him as people from the dark side are always there to drag him back.

In volume 12, he was about to accept peacefully living with Yomikawa and Last Order. However, less than ONE day after he moved in, he's attacked, Last Order is kidnapped, and Kihara returns to destroy any hope of being with them and leaving the dark side.

I believe that if not for the events in volume 13, Accelerator could have eventually changed his views to be more optimistic and not waver so much as a result.

In volume 15, he let Yomikawa take the gun away from him, influenced by her words that there is hope for him after all, only to have Kakine to seriously injure Yomikawa and tear those words to shreds.

Everytime he tries doing something good or saving somebody, it always backfires on him. Not being able to save anyone even though he has such tremendous power is extremely damaging to his self esteem. To him, it's proof that he isn't good enough. He hates himself and believes that he deserves it.

Before you chide Accelerator for being stupid for having a weak resolve, remember that he is HUMAN. He has emotions, he's affected by various events around him, past and present, and he can't suddenly decide to adopt a Touma-esque iron will. It's not that easy to change after all that's happened, so can some of you stop acting like it is?
Old 2010-06-25, 18:09   Link #3399
Miraluka
Banned

Hey! Touma has no past XD, I think Touma is like that because he hasn't too much to lose and only cares to protect whas he's got after the new start.

Accelerator indeed for me the most interesting character the reasons were already explained a time ago.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:10   Link #3400
Shadow5YA

Accelerator just hasn't had the same luxury as Touma, who happens to succeed at rescuing every person he's come across. On the other hand, Accel has quite a few failures under his belt, so it's understandable that he'd get discouraged.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen