Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-07, 10:11   Link #81
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Anyway i need start analyzing some old character and some campaign. Remember that Misaka Shiori (Kanon) enter ISML last year because campaign from CCY...
At that moment I was like HELLYESOMGOMGSHIORIYOUMADEITIAMSOHAPPYFORYOU and jumped around in my room like a mad man lolol xD
Old 2009-12-07, 11:54   Link #82
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
At that moment I was like HELLYESOMGOMGSHIORIYOUMADEITIAMSOHAPPYFORYOU and jumped around in my room like a mad man lolol xD
Did she tell you her three sizes?
Old 2009-12-07, 15:37   Link #83
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Anyway i need start analyzing some old character and some campaign. Remember that Misaka Shiori (Kanon) enter ISML last year because campaign from CCY...
As much as I like Shiori, this really pissed me off because Yuuko and Kotori got shafted. Switch your support from Sakura to Kotori and we might get somewhere.
Old 2009-12-07, 17:27   Link #84
wontaek

Couple of thoughts

1. Misaka Shiori is Moe.

2. I think CCY did a brilliant job coordinating a campaign blitz at the right time. Too bad that such accomplishment would be hard to repeat as the rules changed to prevent a single round burst to 'benefit' so much.

3. Shiho Matsuri, Amamiya Yuuko, Hitotsubashi Yurie are all moe.

4. I failed in getting Sola even into nomination phase for my school's anime club's next semester anime, despite getting endorsement from 2 other members. That's what can happen if nomination slots are all picked by club president, who don't have to bow to mass pressure.

5. I think it is also safe to say Kuronuma Sawako will pass the nomination phase. Too many people are talking about Kimi ni Todoke for it to not happen.

6. Ep. 10 of Natsu no Arashi may have placed Arashiyama Sayoko into prelim as well. See the episode yourself for the reason.

7. Saten Ruiko is Moe.

8. Tsukishima Sisters are all moe, including the replacement sister, Takigawa Akane.

9. Lack of recognition for Cross Game series makes me doubt humanity.

10. I wonder how well Sacred Blacksmith characters will do. The characters are deliberately designed to hit the moe watchers, but the series also lacks mass recognitions.

11. I think we will have couple of contenders who surprisingly won't pass nomination for people thought others will nominate them.

12. Misaka Mikoto looks awfully strong these days. However, I saw some pictures of Nagato Yuki recently that makes me believe she will finish again in top 4 next year.

13. I don't think Katsura Hinagiku can repeat unless they come up with 3rd season that somehow surpasses 2nd season. Just, Impossible.

14. Will Shana dominate in the regular season again, only to fail in DE?

15.Will Clannad girls fade?

16. How well would Akiyama Mio do? Will she make it to DE, or is the hate too strong?

17. Which character will pull of a feat similar to Shinku and do very well compared to this year? I think, again, Misaka Mikoto is the most likely candidate for this.

18. Will Railgun and Seitokai no Ichizon dominate in the nomination phase? How much hope do they have in the prelim?

19. Does Hanato Kobato have a chance? Should I drop her for Tsuchimiya Kagura?

20. Can Fate Testarossa make a comeback to reclaim the tiara?
Old 2009-12-07, 18:03   Link #85
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
20. Can Fate Testarossa make a comeback to reclaim the tiara?

Dunno what to say to this. I'm more balanced between optimism and pessimism these days. Although my dreamed aspiration is for her to be able to.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-07, 18:32   Link #86
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Right now I will assure you that Mio Akiyama will make it into the prelims. There is a 100% possibility, not even a chance of error. If you want to know why, then you will have to try and convince Juice to finish the ISML 2010 rules.
Old 2009-12-07, 19:14   Link #87
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

We don't need rules to know Mio's making it to the regular season.
Old 2009-12-08, 12:22   Link #88
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Lies. So far no one has nominated her, maybe one.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:05   Link #89
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Couple of thoughts

12. Misaka Mikoto looks awfully strong these days. However, I saw some pictures of Nagato Yuki recently that makes me believe she will finish again in top 4 next year.

13. I don't think Katsura Hinagiku can repeat unless they come up with 3rd season that somehow surpasses 2nd season. Just, Impossible.

16. How well would Akiyama Mio do? Will she make it to DE, or is the hate too strong?
(12) If Mikoto was able to break the top 50 in 2009 in such a serious series like Index, then the comedy and moe factor of railgun will put her in the top 20 or even better in 2010.
Spoiler for J-Saimoe:
While her energy and moe factor will help Misaka Mikoto, the quiet factor could perhaps leave Nagato Yuki at a disadvantage.
(13) It would be great to see hinagiku win again, but even I would want to see another winner.
(16) J-Saimoe was perhaps a fluke. Leave the nominations open to everyone and not a few, she will make it. She might have trouble in DE if there are no new K-ON episodes if she does make it.

I'm pretty sure there are alot of nominations out there for Mio, but they don't actually count until the beginning of the month. It's possible some may change their mind when it counts.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2009-12-08 at 13:13. Reason: Misread comment misaka shiori not misaka mikoto
Old 2009-12-08, 23:58   Link #90
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Hey guys. Once again, we need a Japanese translator who wants to get involved with ISML. If you want to help out or know someone who can, then please do!

Last edited by KholdStare; 2009-12-09 at 02:47.
Old 2009-12-09, 00:04   Link #91
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hey guys. Once again, we need a Japanese translator who wants to get involved with ISML. If you want to help out or know someone you can please, then please do!
Know a couple of people that might know enough, I'll check them.
Old 2009-12-09, 00:15   Link #92
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hey guys. Once again, we need a Japanese translator who wants to get involved with ISML. If you want to help out or know someone you can please, then please do!
With our powers combined (Lucid), we could do it!
Old 2009-12-09, 00:16   Link #93
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Need some Japs to combat the Chinese!
Old 2009-12-09, 14:29   Link #94
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I hope to escape from the loop
Old 2009-12-09, 17:29   Link #95
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Did she tell you her three sizes?
I wish she did ;_;
Old 2009-12-11, 05:07   Link #96
Team Rocket Elite

Was a decision ever reached on whether the screen time rule would be removed or relaxed?
Old 2009-12-11, 05:52   Link #97
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Was a decision ever reached on whether the screen time rule would be removed or relaxed?
Considering a certain character which shall not be named, can be nominated...I'd say it was discarded entirely.
Old 2009-12-14, 01:47   Link #98
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Considering a certain character which shall not be named, can be nominated...I'd say it was discarded entirely.
I do hope that people do take it into account the lack of screen time despite abundance of fan materials. More importantly, I hope people respect what others think about the one who shall not be named. ( and no, I don't mean the Nameless one called K ' s Im. )
Old 2009-12-14, 03:05   Link #99
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

One things for certain, the abundance of fan material Isn't going to be credited to the anime when they only have a few seconds of screen time.

Touhou has more fan-material than even Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutso, but a lot of good it did them when they've only made small appearances in a single fan-made episode.

Last edited by Demi.; 2009-12-14 at 03:19.
Old 2009-12-14, 03:21   Link #100
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
One things for certain, the abundance of fan material Isn't going to be coming from the anime when they only have a few seconds of screen time.
What about Grinface?
Or was that from the manga first?

Anyway anyone think that Koyomi Morishita
http://myanimelist.net/character/20962/Koyomi_Morishita
might have a chance of getting to the preliminaries? I wouldn't know a popular character if it dropped a washbasin on me so I need to ask other people. I was thinking of maybe knocking out one of my picks for her if someone thinks she has a chance.
Show was mediocre but she was moe.
(I'm already voting Rimi over Kozupii after all.)

Also I've decided to vote Akazukin over Gretal.
EDIT: BTW I've bought Shana so I should be able to watch it before March. So Shana fans don't have to threaten me anymore.
And Hoop Days falls further and further into my backlog

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting