AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 09:08   Link #3361
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Maybe I will

between ark and Hime, they just happened to be at one of the concerts in my imagination. Ark would look around to see how people are enjoying themselves. But she sees one looking directly at her, Hime.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:27   Link #3362
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
I reckon it is pretty good as well
It was. I was laughing when Touma did the "pretend your my friend and take you to safety" trick on Mugino from a bunch of thugs which only pissed her off since some guy thinks she's surrounded by thugs doesn't mean she can't handle them.

And them when she thinks he must be some Esper since he somehow block her powers and expected a fight to the death with him, Touma just ran away, while Mugino chased after him while screaming foul language. lol
Old 2013-05-03, 11:04   Link #3363
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Toaru doesn't last a whole year, it's definitely going to be a 'relatively' short mission. Who seriously actually writes it to be a whole year anyway? That way you can keep the characters around as guests without forcing them into the school.

Doesn't matter; it has to be something that is mutually beneficial otherwise it wouldn't work.

Think of Gremlin and Trident.
Then what volume of the book you suggest?

I can only think of book 4 where people are invited to view the tri-wizard cup for things to develop and for that matter.

hmm hmmm...... there are lots of things to happen and its kinda exciting to see this. Harry should be 14 by this time. Around the same age as Misaka. hmm hmm..... but what timeline from Index? NT? I can picture the wizarding world to not care about WWIII happening or even know Touma for that matter at all.... hmmm hmmm this has potential.

While hogwarts was busy for the matter. Touma and Index was invited to see the tournamen and Index ended up seeing the Hocrux and the hunt begins.

But for that matter. I'm not entirely familiar on book 4 (book version) I only watched the movie and even watching the movie leads me to miss a lot of information which is why. Reading the fan fics help. I only have softbound for book 6 and hardbound for book 7.

Book 7 is the climax that's why I ordered it immediately when the announcement and pre-ordering was available.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:11   Link #3364
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Book 4 is when the proverbial "shit" gets real. Voldie gets rezzd. Harry sees someone die before his eyes for the first time. Yada yada yada. Everything just takes nosedive after that. Not quality mind you, just mood. It gets all sorts of darker.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:46   Link #3365
tsunade666

^I know

but that part is the only part of the story where I can think that Touma can legally attend though I still doubt it but in secret mission or just a visitor will still lead on him being notice by those bigots wizard because him entering the wards is guaranteed wards destruction.

I can picture book 4 as when Laura begun her move when she notice something is building on scotland. Necesarius works globally but seeing wizards wants to be left alone then she won't even bother with them. Religion tends to not take part in HP verse. So it will be a fun part when an emissary from the Angelican church arrives as their representative to watch what's happening.

Tsuchimikado kidnapping or taking Touma with him to go undercover. While Index goes with either styl or kanzaki but maybe styl... kaori is overkill but still styl doesn't look nice.... hmmm.... ah Orsula is a great representative together with Index.

Actually if voldy is doing something bad he will ended up facing Aqua who fights for the unification of wales, england, france and (forgot the forth one) its 4 lands right? I forgot the details in vol 16.

There are probably lots of complication in making a merging of story instead of Touma dropping in but I can see the advantage because really, I can't see Touma enrolling on hogwarts and rot there for 7 years. That's the most difficult hurdle for me.

But I'm planning already for the epic fights of Touma without the help of index and his failure to learn magic, just like how he fails to grasp the concept of power development but still I will try to think of something for this one. But I'm still not dropping the whole gods interference. I just love to blow it out of proportions for Touma. Make it a whole Fukou DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! thing for Touma.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:00   Link #3366
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Triwizard tournment is an open event. Lura can just say she's interested hearing that there might be good talemnt in that year and she may open a slot or two for "work".

Plus, itbs like watching the superbowl. Or some other sporting event. You don't really need a reason other than you want to feel slightly entertained. Not like they blocked out civies and all.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:17   Link #3367
tsunade666

But Touma is a civilian which is not even connected to magic (in their eyes)

Wizards in HP are pretty closed minded and pretty ancient if you ask me.

I'm already picturing Touma using solar powered cells to overcome the lack of electricity for the matter if there are wards to ward off electricity then a good old IDTI will deal with it.

Just picture it. There won't be much problem if there are cctv in the hallways for hogwarts. Touma doing a thing like Shiage. Solid Snake move. Moving in pipes, installing cctv and spyware though this job fits more for Shiage or Tsuchimikado but even for Tsuchimikado he still relies on magic to search someone.

Shiage can turn your fire extinguisher into a deadly gun with nails and fire extinguisher.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:22   Link #3368
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Didn't know post WWIII Touma was so paranoid. But I think it's okay for muggles to watch triwizard tournment. For example, some wizards that participate are half muggle. Does that mean the magic aware muggle half of the family isn't allowed to watch? Purely on basis that they are muggles?

Touma seems like the hearty kind of guy. I don't think he'd freak with no electricity or internet
Old 2013-05-03, 20:23   Link #3369
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If you ask me- I've always thought volume 5 was the best place to insert any crossover story.

The atmosphere is the perfect point where it's not too dark, but also not exactly lighthearted.

It's also the point where we start to shift into where we can involve lots of people making moves inside and outside of the school.

Volume 4 works as well since it also focuses on things outside of the school, but it's not ideal to me.

On the topic of electricity- if we assume that it's something like electromagnetic pulse, then isn't it possible to get away with the excuse that Academy City's technology is advance enough to either shield or avoids this sort of problems?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 21:16   Link #3370
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In that case, Misaka wouldn't be causing blackouts here and there.

HOWEVER, I would accept if the Gakuto military had been completely hardened against such attacks by Le Brons fabrication techniques and Trevor-Ledowski circuits.

Ie, magical materials engineering that sounds Scientific.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:31   Link #3371
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In that case, Misaka wouldn't be causing blackouts here and there.

HOWEVER, I would accept if the Gakuto military had been completely hardened against such attacks by Le Brons fabrication techniques and Trevor-Ledowski circuits.
That's a large surge of power that fries everything though, I don't think Hogwarts is surrounded by that.

They say electricity doesn't work properly, not that it's overloads.

So it's kinda like bad signal or jamming?

Quote:
Ie, magical materials engineering that sounds Scientific.
Magical material engineering is essentially Alchemy.

...Which is essentially Chemistry, but more mysteriously sounding.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:48   Link #3372
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
That's a large surge of power that fries everything though, I don't think Hogwarts is surrounded by that.

They say electricity doesn't work properly, not that it's overloads.

So it's kinda like bad signal or jamming?
Maybe something like a dampener, or lord forbid N-jammers and N-jammer cancellers...

Quote:
Magical material engineering is essentially Alchemy.

...Which is essentially Chemistry, but more mysteriously sounding.
Which essentially is advanced materials engineering...

...you do know I was talking about the armor on a Academy City attack ship and not the walls of Hogwarts right?
Old 2013-05-03, 21:51   Link #3373
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Maybe something like a dampener, or lord forbid N-jammers and N-jammer cancellers...
Well maybe there's this one spot where the signal is good so he can use google map or something.

Quote:
...you do know I was talking about the armor on a Academy City attack ship and not the walls of Hogwarts right?
No I had no idea.

But you know what would be cool?

At some point Academy City would drop in some unmanned weapons and slaughter Death Eaters.

And maybe I'll get my Cyborg Ninjas as well!
Old 2013-05-03, 21:57   Link #3374
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Well maybe there's this one spot where the signal is good so he can use google map or something.
He's going to need a teleporter with a 11th dimension modulator to connect with anything outside of the magical pocket dimension.

Quote:
No I had no idea.

But you know what would be cool?

At some point Academy City would drop in some unmanned weapons and slaughter Death Eaters.

And maybe I'll get my Cyborg Ninjas as well!
Yes they could. Even thrown in remotely controlled Steel Dragon suits of different marks piloted by an advanced AI!
Old 2013-05-03, 22:03   Link #3375
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He's going to need a teleporter with a 11th dimension modulator to connect with anything outside of the magical pocket dimension.
Alright fine, he's Kamijou Touma- He doesn't need any fancy technology!

But the mistake here is the assumption that we need to keep him in Hogwarts.

Sure for most of the story, but it's not impossible to create scenarios that require both him and Index to step into other parts of the wizarding world.

Quote:
Yes they could. Even thrown in remotely controlled Steel Dragon suits of different marks piloted by an advanced AI!
Kamachi doesn't believe in advanced AIs yet though.

If you read his other book [Heavy Object], it's clear that he still thinks AI technology still has a long way to go, and that Human Intelligence is still better for combat.

We should think of some non-humanoid drone designs- Kamachi favors those kinds more than suits.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:13   Link #3376
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Diagon Alley - On that day, Index learned that her 108,000 grimoires were just the tip of the iceberg. The tip that had all the diamonds that somehow drifted over and froze into the thing but still just the tip.

Dark wood - Sphinx made a new friend. With a werewolf >.>

Gringotts vaults - Touma wanted to run a currency exchange. Unfortunately his share of badluck came to fruition when the century old rusted chains leashing 4 security dragons decided to break that day.

yada yada yada...
Old 2013-05-03, 22:17   Link #3377
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

If you read his other book [Heavy Object], it's clear that he still thinks AI technology still has a long way to go, and that Human Intelligence is still better for combat.

We should think of some non-humanoid drone designs- Kamachi favors those kinds more than suits.
I take the Suisei no Gargantua approach. An AI that isn't sentient but programed to best serve a human charge, that utilizes unused neural circuits.

The end result is a cyborg with "controlled" schzophrenia, a human mind with an AI assistant hosted on the same hardware.

*is silenced by Tarou*
Old 2013-05-03, 22:33   Link #3378
Haigon

Quote:

That FiveOVER Railgun in NT1 was AI controlled? Or that was manned, don't remenber
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:13   Link #3379
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wasn't fiveOVER owned by a technopath ESPer?
Old 2013-05-04, 01:16   Link #3380
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
That FiveOVER Railgun in NT1 was AI controlled? Or that was manned, don't remenber
It was AI, that's why even a Hamazura can fool it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Wasn't fiveOVER owned by a technopath ESPer?
Where did you hear that from?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction