AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 01:22   Link #2021
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
if the next project were a live action, i wonder how they handle the homo kiss & Murmur
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:47   Link #2022
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's already a live-action (no Yukiteru so presumably no yaoi kiss) so that's certainly not the announcement.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 05:07   Link #2023
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
There's already a live-action (no Yukiteru so presumably no yaoi kiss) so that's certainly not the announcement.
Wait, no Yukiteru? So is it a live action of Mirai Nikki Paradox?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 05:23   Link #2024
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Wait, no Yukiteru? So is it a live action of Mirai Nikki Paradox?
It's not a straight adaptation of anything,it's the same concept,some similar characters and that's it.

You've still got a male protagonist (who isn't a loner and actually has friends but also seems to like observing stars like yuki and who's parents are getting divorced) who has a stalker named Yuno (not nearly as crazy as in the anime but they could be trying to just make her crazier as episodes go by).
The third looked pretty much like he was in the manga.
No murmur,deus looks very different,there's also no sign of becoming a god if you win the game.
The diaries also work differently since they tell the user their future only a short time in advance,they don't have a whole 90 days' notice.
Old 2012-05-01, 06:16   Link #2025
MasterVampire

When does this series get release on bluray?

I want to see those uncensored scenes
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 11:38   Link #2026
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
It's not a straight adaptation of anything,it's the same concept,some similar characters and that's it.

You've still got a male protagonist (who isn't a loner and actually has friends but also seems to like observing stars like yuki and who's parents are getting divorced) who has a stalker named Yuno (not nearly as crazy as in the anime but they could be trying to just make her crazier as episodes go by).
The third looked pretty much like he was in the manga.
No murmur,deus looks very different,there's also no sign of becoming a god if you win the game.
The diaries also work differently since they tell the user their future only a short time in advance,they don't have a whole 90 days' notice.
What's the point in killing it Mirai Nikki, honestly?
Old 2012-05-01, 12:11   Link #2027
miketyson

Seems like it might've started as a TV adaption with a free hand, and evolved further and further away as the realities of j-drama budgets started to kick in.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 17:17   Link #2028
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What's the point in killing it Mirai Nikki, honestly?
Expand the franchise.Market the manga?

The first episode had a 9.9 rating,that's much larger than the anime so it is giving more exposure to the "mirai nikki" name.Might help sell a few more mangas.
Old 2012-05-01, 18:59   Link #2029
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I certainly don't begrudge Esuno-san cashing in, as he deserves it. I just don't see much point in Mirai Nikki unless he's writing it, and the live seems to be proving that out.
Old 2012-05-02, 11:48   Link #2030
Battler-kun

I've just watched Mirai Nikki to the end after having dropped it for a few weeks.

And reading the few pages here, that Wiki states that there is a true happy ending, i am glad the anime just indicated it but cut it off!

This wouldn't make sense at all, regarding the space-time continuum and its causality.
That's why i already wondered why the Ninth of the 2nd World was in the 3rd World living happily as nothing happened...and his husband even knows it.
And Yuno of the 3rd World just getting all the memory back from the others worlds is an asspull.

The 2nd World is empty then, without a God after having fought so hard? That's not possible.

The Ending reminded me of Rahxephon, where the original main character became god and let go of everything in order to change things so that himself in another dimension and the whole world could be happy again.

Well anyways, the Author has screwed up the Ending...or is it that he screwed up right from the start with his concept, well too bad.

Last edited by Battler-kun; 2012-05-02 at 12:06.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:33   Link #2031
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You might want to spoiler tag that Rahxephon bit, just as a courtesy.
Old 2012-05-04, 21:09   Link #2032
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Just noticed...the drama won't have a Yandere (It has an original plot)
Well now I've lost all interest :|
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:27   Link #2033
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I refuse to watch any live-action stuff in the first place. Nothing good can come from that, no matter how good the original is.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:13   Link #2034
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't care how they do it (except live action), but I want my Minene x Masumi ending!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 14:08   Link #2035
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Anyone notice in the anime series, it would randomly cut moments? The most notable is when 9th and the Detective blow up the computers. After the explosion ,it just kind of assumes they escape, and they end up in the hills..
Old 2012-05-16, 16:09   Link #2036
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Anyone notice in the anime series, it would randomly cut moments? The most notable is when 9th and the Detective blow up the computers. After the explosion ,it just kind of assumes they escape, and they end up in the hills..
Yeah, I didn't mention this during the series' run, but the editing was very hit and miss. You could tell some stuff was cut from the manga, scenes were slow when they should have been quick, and all that. But when it flowed well, it flowed very well.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 11:07   Link #2037
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Yeah, I didn't mention this during the series' run, but the editing was very hit and miss. You could tell some stuff was cut from the manga, scenes were slow when they should have been quick, and all that. But when it flowed well, it flowed very well.
Glad other people noticed. I feel like Mirai Nikki could potentially have become a masterpiece; it did certain things so well, such as the mystery and suspense during the middle chunk of the series. It was really unparallel to any other series I've seen, with maybe the exception of Death Note. However, Mirai Nikki screws up in a lot of places that kind of ruins the series..

The editing was terribad, there are some iffy plot devices due to 'anime reasons' (Yukki's mom basically being okay with him being a criminal and not questioning anything..you might as well just not have a mom character if she's not going to have an impact in this regard), a really bad ending, strange character designs and developments (The mother of the adoption center didn't feel fleshed out, and her design was just an anomaly compared to the rest of the Mirai Nikki cast. WHY THE HUGE HEAD), and just overall lazy execution.

The Mirai Nikki author really seems like he had an awesome idea and just started writing like crazy, and when his story was nearing its end, he had no idea how to finish it off. I mean, the manga ending is even worse than the anime one.

With such a powerful character like Yuno that can potentially become one of Anime's most iconic characters and such a strong suspenseful plot, if things were done properly and with more care, Mirai Nikki could have seriously been one of the all-time greats.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:38   Link #2038
miketyson

SRanger: here, here! I agree. Another example of sloppy continuity (think I've pointed it out earlier, too): what happened at the end of the first episode? Yuno invited Yukiteru to go grab a meal...did they go? Did he turn her down and go home alone again? It's just dropped after that. A small thing but it's bugged me since I first read the manga.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 00:06   Link #2039
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

@Sranger Honestly, I liked the manga ending. And I don't really care about Eighth's huge head. The whole manga ran on crazy similar to how Gurren Lagann ran on cool, so I could accept that. I liked the characters (I don't care what people say. I'll take loser Yuki over monotone Yuji Sakai anyday) and while Esuno Sakae has this habit of wanting to tell a story and not caring how he tells it, he has a way of just creating this weird logic that you just roll with because at least it's consistent and in no way does he change the rules of his logic at any point in the series.

The only problem I had with the anime was the editing. Yeah, the animation was cheap, but it at least brought the characters to life and accomplished what needed to be done. The editing on the other hand created problems that weren't in the manga. I know it's Asread and all, but come on!

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 00:34   Link #2040
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

What is this series about? Is it good?

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere