AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-10, 03:11   Link #1021
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

If anything I think if Miata is part of the organizations next project it is not her sister they used, but her mother. A part of me really wants to see more characters awakened forms. Like characters I know. But then again, I might lose them if that is they show it. What a pickle. Although if partial awakening allows for some form of complete weaponized and usable awakened form, then we might get to see all our favorite characters as AB's at some point. Although a lot would have to change in the story for that to happen.
Old 2008-06-10, 03:59   Link #1022
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
To raise the stakes, we should do avatar or signature bets. The one who guesses the little girl's identity could pick out an avatar or signature of their choosing that the loser has to wear for a month or so. Spice things up until the next release.

If chiba is so stuck on the little girl being Priscilla, maybe he is willing to risk wearing a "Raki is my Daddy" signature for a month.

With the appropriate picture of course .
That could be fun, if the others agree to it.
Old 2008-06-10, 04:15   Link #1023
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Do note that people during medieval time periods were significantly shorter then most people today, even when compared to modern day "short people" (who would have been considered average during those time periods)

A guy 6 feet tall would be considered a huge guy in medieval standards.
Old 2008-06-10, 04:34   Link #1024
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Do note that people during medieval time periods were significantly shorter then most people today, even when compared to modern day "short people" (who would have been considered average during those time periods)

A guy 6 feet tall would be considered a huge guy in medieval standards.
I wouldn't say that's exactly true. It's been usually accepted that people in medieval age were shorter than today, but I think it depended most on nutritional habits and way of life. During some stages of Roman Empire, minimum height required to enrole the army was around 175 cm (about 5'7 feet). That's not what I'd call a "short guy", neither nowadays nor then.

About the little girl with Raki... maybe she could be the daughter of Isley & Priscilla. It does not make sense to me that she would be Raki's daughter... looking at we've seen of her, she could be from 4 to 5 (years, not feet :P ) and I really cannot imagine Raki "making" a daughter at about 14-15. ¿Technically possible? Yes, but...
Old 2008-06-10, 05:35   Link #1025
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

True, in certain areas people were still quite large, but just because it was required to be a certain size to enter the military doesn't mean that the height was common. Nutrition was something most commoners didn't get enough of depending on what part of the world you lived in.

and being a father/mother at a 14/15 wasn't exactly uncommon during medieval times either, not to mention Isley/Priscilla's relationship really doesn't give of the feeling that they are lovers in any way.

--------

I stated this many pages back, but I believe the little-girl is Priscilla, just in a child body. It really isn't far-fetched that she can change shape/mass (Every Yoma does, and AB change size from human to AB form all the time; Riful being the best example)

Her child like mind has probably just started changing her body match her mind, or she could even be doing it on purpose. (Perhaps starting to regain control of herself due to Raki's influence?)
Old 2008-06-10, 06:08   Link #1026
ergon

maybe she kept shrinking, so Isley said "shes of no use to me now...you take her Raki. She can help you kill yoma"
Old 2008-06-10, 06:10   Link #1027
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post
maybe she kept shrinking, so Isley said "shes of no use to me now...you take her Raki. She can help you kill yoma"
or maybe he realized Priscilla would be a danger to himself if she ever came to realize he lied to her about finding her parents so wanted to place as much distance between them as possible lol (very unlikely though)
Old 2008-06-10, 06:46   Link #1028
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Priscilla assuming a child body is a possibility but very unlikely because we didn't see any AB that had more than one human form. Also I don't think Isley let her go so easily and if Priscilla is no longer with Isley, Riful would somehow learn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Do you remember that the Org said Miata has potential to be next no.1?

But if it's true then Miata must be stronger than Alicia's awaken form. Is it possible for little Miata to be that strong without awaken?

Miata may be the next twin project. But her sister somehow got lost and now living with Raki.
Actually this post should go to speculation thread but since the related post is in this thread, I'll post my opinions here.

[SPECULATION]Miata is no match for an AO at the moment but she's a child prodigy and will probably be one of the strongest claymores in history, if not the strongest. I think nobody was as strong as her at her age and if her mental instability doesn't hinder her development, she can be the ultimate warrior.

That said, I don't think any warrior, even Teresa or Priscilla, can oppose an AO without releasing high amount of yoki (like 50%). The awakened Priscilla had a tough time against Isley and could only overpower him with her raw yoki. I wonder, what if Isley beheaded Priscilla? Could she recover?[/SPECULATION]
Old 2008-06-10, 07:09   Link #1029
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

All theories can be possible at this point. Raki's blade and armor may be Isley's stuff from long time ago (in fact, they should be Isley's, because I don't think Raki has been killing Organization's claymores to steal their weapons), so or Raki (with Priscilla's help maybe) has killed Isley, or Isley has given them to Raki.

I hope we'll be able to see something more about Raki in next episode. At least, know what's he intends to do now, because if he went from Rabona to his own hometown, in theory he's finished his journey, cause he met Clare there. Their re-meeting will last, I think, at least several number of chapters.

Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
True, in certain areas people were still quite large, but just because it was required to be a certain size to enter the military doesn't mean that the height was common.
But roman armies were really huge in certain periods of time. We're not talking only about legionaries, there were auxilia and cavalry as well... if the minimun was 5'7 feet, we can suppose at least there were a great number of people who reached that height. Anyway, I agree with you, today's average height is at least quite larger than before.

Quote:
and being a father/mother at a 14/15 wasn't exactly uncommon during medieval times either, not to mention Isley/Priscilla's relationship really doesn't give of the feeling that they are lovers in any way.
Well, girls used to marry at about 15/16/17, so you're right. Boys married later, depending on the live they had, but about 20-25 might have been the usual. At any case, Raki could be the father of the little girl, but at this rate Yagi is gonna get his bones in a prison because of his incitations to pedophilia: first the kiss and now this. I really wonder how many Parents Associations will go on war if the anime is aired here in Spain

Last edited by Korinov; 2008-06-10 at 07:11. Reason: lol, a "y" bad placed
Old 2008-06-10, 07:21   Link #1030
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
All theories can be possible at this point. Raki's blade and armor may be Isley's stuff from long time ago (in fact, they should be Isley's, because I don't think Raki has been killing Organization's claymores to steal their weapons), so or Raki (with Priscilla's help maybe) has killed Isley, or Isley has given them to Raki.

I hope we'll be able to see something more about Raki in next episode. At least, know what's he intends to do now, because if he went from Rabona to his own hometown, in theory he's finished his journey, cause he met Clare there. Their re-meeting will last, I think, at least several number of chapters.
Well most likely he'll turn around and go back to rabona (leading to their paths to meet up).

someone like Isley wouldn't be killed "off screen" , his going to go down in a battle of sorts (or maybe by surprise) considering his a major villain but i agree its Isleys old gear
Old 2008-06-10, 07:37   Link #1031
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
I really wonder how many Parents Associations will go on war if the anime is aired here in Spain
when I started reading the jap. claymore when i was 10 like 2 or 3 years before claymore came out in the USA my parents banded it from me for a year dew to all the fighting not for the Kiss Cid gave Clare.

I on the other hand retaliated by watching the Matrix, Aliens (Bad idea),Jaw's and many other light R rated moves.
Old 2008-06-10, 07:51   Link #1032
Gooral
Banned

I think that it belongs more in Theories and Power Levels than in Speculation Thread or here, but oh, well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
(...)
[SPECULATION]Miata is no match for an AO at the moment but she's a child prodigy and will probably be one of the strongest claymores in history, if not the strongest. I think nobody was as strong as her at her age and if her mental instability doesn't hinder her development, she can be the ultimate warrior.

That said, I don't think any warrior, even Teresa or Priscilla, can oppose an AO without releasing high amount of yoki (like 50%). The awakened Priscilla had a tough time against Isley and could only overpower him with her raw yoki. I wonder, what if Isley beheaded Priscilla? Could she recover?[/SPECULATION]
Probably not (read: I'm sure not). Firstly Galatea was disappointed that such weak warriors were sent and stated that even with Miata's help they're "evenly matched" against Agatha not "this girl alone is an overkill and with me to addition killing you would only take seconds".
Secondly, IIRC nowhere in the manga was stated Miata had potential to surpass Alicia, only that "she is an extraordinary talent that could aim for number 1" so zato_1one and PureYoki, you're jumping to conclusions. Why would that indicate that she's stronger than their almost perfect twins? Especially when we've heard little earlier Rubel saying: "the strongest number one in the annals was born". I'm more convinced that Alicia and Beth are in different league now and have been stripped from their numbers since they're completed and quite ready to go to war. Miata only "could aim" for "plain" #1 place and it's obvious they wouldn't consider anyone with strength less than extraordinary becoming next top claymore.

That being said, you've clearly forgotten about Teresa beating the crap out of Rosemary where 10% of youki release was too much against presumed AO. Not to mention we haven't seen Priscilla and Teresa in action too much, who knows how would they fare against official AO. There's no indication though that Miata outruns them.
Old 2008-06-10, 08:56   Link #1033
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Gooral,

I don't want to hijack this thread further so:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...94#post1645794
Old 2008-06-10, 08:57   Link #1034
zato_1one

The manga didn't say that Miata could surpass Alicia. But according to data book, it still places Alicia&Beth as No.1 and No.2 in this generation. Miria also said that Alicia&Beth are still far from being used in actual war. If the Org does improve its research, I doubt that the Org will try to create weaker No.1 That's why I think that Miata has potential to be stronger than Alicia. Of course it's just a speculation.

I didn't forget Teresa but I placed her in different league. She's god. No one can compare to her.
Old 2008-06-10, 11:21   Link #1035
tenken627
what Yagi said

Raki's real height is not important. What is important is the height relationship between Raki and the other characters, we're just putting it in modern times height averages because they are more easier to relate to.

If the little girl is half Raki's height, it doesn't matter whether Raki is 6 ft tall or 5 ft tall. The little girl will just be 3 ft or 2'6". It's the direct relation that is important.

Many of you here said that you are 6 ft+. Assuming that you had at least decently broad shoulders, what height do you believe that a person must be that they can sit easily on one of your shoulders?

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-06-10 at 15:36.
Old 2008-06-10, 12:28   Link #1036
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

They say clares 5 feet 6 inches
Old 2008-06-10, 16:25   Link #1037
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Galatea: 6'0"
Teresa 5'10"
Clare: 5'6"
Priscilla 5'4"

that's converted from the fact book.

Miria, Helen, Deneve, Tabitha appear to be Clare's height. Yuma taller, Cynthia shorter.
Old 2008-06-10, 19:39   Link #1038
nekowai
Banned

Is just me or RAKI looks like a sissy girl? o_o
Old 2008-06-10, 19:40   Link #1039
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekowai View Post
Is just me or RAKI looks like a sissy girl? o_o
I think it's partly you, and partly because Raki decided to model himself after Isley.
Old 2008-06-10, 19:48   Link #1040
nekowai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think it's partly you, and partly because Raki decided to model himself after Isley.
lol who modeled RAKI was mr yagi
Anyways, Easley doesnt look girly to me...not at all
Closed Thread

Tags
manga