AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 13:26   Link #1441
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
That's actually one of the most difficult questions to answer. Keiichi, Mion, and Rena are roughly the same age, with Keiichi 1 year younger. Rika and Satoko are supposedly 1 year younger than Keiichi. Unfortunately, the charcter designs are difficult to peg an age for.
Actually, Rena is the one who is a year younger. As for Rika and Satoko, I don't know where you got that info from since they are much younger than that. The only info we have on those two is that they have the same age and that Satoko was 9 years old at most back in 1981. In other words, they can't be older than 11 in 1983.

Also, it is mentioned in the Sound Novel that this is Mion's last year at Hinamizawa's school. Now, I think it's safe to assume that she's going to high school after that, and since you normally start high school at 16, Mion should be 15 during the story.

So here's my guess on their ages based on what I know:
Mion: 15
Keiichi: 15
Rena: 14
Rika: 10-11
Satoko: 10-11

Last edited by Orophin; 2010-01-06 at 15:30. Reason: Additional information
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 21:13   Link #1442
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Didn't Keiichi say that he was the same age as Rena and Mion was a year older?
Old 2010-01-06, 21:17   Link #1443
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I believe he said that Mion was a grade ahead of him, not older than him.

Which would mean Mion's already at a high school level no?

Gotta say though that based on the facts, all the characters are younger than what I originally thought. o.o
Old 2010-01-06, 23:33   Link #1444
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Keiichi and Rena are in the same grade. However, since Keiichi was born in April, he's already the same age as Mion even though she's a grade ahead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Which would mean Mion's already at a high school level no?
Like I said, she'll need to change school the year after so either it's her last year of middle school or her last year of high school. I think that the former is more likely. By the way, the education system in Japan is a little different from the one in America.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 01:10   Link #1445
DKN117

Been listening to my tunes lately. Band: Disturbed. Album: Indestructible. And I noticed something.

Is it just me, or do the lyrics to "The Curse" seem to possibly fit Rika and/or her situation quite well?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 01:12   Link #1446
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Been listening to my tunes lately. Band: Disturbed. Album: Indestructible. And I noticed something.

Is it just me, or do the lyrics to "The Curse" seem to possibly fit Rika and/or her situation quite well?

They bear vague resemblance, but there are better songs for just about everything in Higurashi.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:12   Link #1447
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question: was there anything in the original SN that implicated (or triggered fanboys to create ) the "yuri loli" of Rika x Satoko and the twincest of (obviously) MionxShion........ or was it all DEEN's fanservice?
Old 2010-01-10, 07:31   Link #1448
SMT
*Artist

Well, I haven't played the SN yet.
However I don't think so cause DEEN always do this. See Umineko, it's almost the same, they put a lot of fanservice in their scans and probably in the not too distant future we might get some ShannonxJessica or whatsoever yuri pictures...

But I guess they got some inspiration from those maid outfits for several of their scans.

Last edited by SMT; 2010-01-10 at 10:32.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 07:32   Link #1449
arbol

Wataganashi-hen:

Is Mion or Shion the villian? It was told first that it's Mion because of her feelings for Keiichi, then in Maekashi-hen they revealed that the villian was Shion because she lost Satoshi, right?

so, in the last answer arcs Keiichi evaded this fate by giving the doll to Mion instead of giving it to Rena. If Shion is the murderer, this wouldnt have changed anything, would it?
arbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 10:14   Link #1450
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question: was there anything in the original SN that implicated (or triggered fanboys to create ) the "yuri loli" of Rika x Satoko and the twincest of (obviously) MionxShion........ or was it all DEEN's fanservice?
Just played Watanagashi...
Yeah, there're something like this scene in original SN

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 13:17   Link #1451
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbol View Post
Wataganashi-hen:

Is Mion or Shion the villian? It was told first that it's Mion because of her feelings for Keiichi, then in Maekashi-hen they revealed that the villian was Shion because she lost Satoshi, right?

so, in the last answer arcs Keiichi evaded this fate by giving the doll to Mion instead of giving it to Rena. If Shion is the murderer, this wouldnt have changed anything, would it?
Mion told Shion about how K1 gave the doll to Rena and it made her sad. This triggered Shion's rage and the such.
Spoiler for Last Arc:

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
~Pyro~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 15:26   Link #1452
arbol

Shion is sad because Keiichi didn't give the doll to Mion? In the Scenes before (first episode) they were like enemys and shion did everything to "steal" keiichi from Mion (sry, my english xD). Also Keiichi told her that she is the female part of the twins (short before its revealed that they are really twins).

I think thats a really bad reason, even if u stand under influence of a curse .
but thx for the help
Old 2010-01-10, 15:35   Link #1453
Goat-Kun

Quote:
Shion is sad because Keiichi didn't give the doll to Mion? In the Scenes before (first episode) they were like enemys and shion did everything to "steal" keiichi from Mion (sry, my english xD). Also Keiichi told her that she is the female part of the twins (short before its revealed that they are really twins).

I think thats a really bad reason, even if u stand under influence of a curse .
but thx for the help
She's pissed because Mion actually HAS a boy she can like. But poor Satoshi was "Demoned Away" by who she believes is the Sonozaki family. She just snapped because Mion began whining about not being able to be loved by Keiichi.
Goat-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 15:57   Link #1454
arbol

ok... so she was depressed because she lost satoshi and hated the sonozakis for it.
sry but i didnt understand how the fact, that mion is sad because she cannot be loved ba keiichi, makes her getting more hate for mion?

mion doesnt get the doll and is sad that keiichi doesnt love her. shouldnt that alleviate her aggressions? mion somehow shares her fate now.

another question:

i already played the demo-version of the soundnovel, which contains the first arc.
I thought that in these soundnovel you would be able to have choices how keiichi acts. In this demo-version the only choice i had whether to see or not to see the TIPS.
Is that because its only a demo, so i can affect the story in the full version?
Old 2010-01-10, 16:00   Link #1455
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
i already played the demo-version of the soundnovel, which contains the first arc.
I thought that in these soundnovel you would be able to have choices how keiichi acts. In this demo-version the only choice i had whether to see or not to see the TIPS.
Is that because its only a demo, so i can affect the story in the full version?
Nope, When They Cry is a read-only series.

It's probably the closest you can come to an actual novel on the terms of SN's and VN's.
Old 2010-01-10, 19:10   Link #1456
XGeneral2000

Quote:
ok... so she was depressed because she lost satoshi and hated the sonozakis for it.
sry but i didnt understand how the fact, that mion is sad because she cannot be loved ba keiichi, makes her getting more hate for mion?

mion doesnt get the doll and is sad that keiichi doesnt love her. shouldnt that alleviate her aggressions? mion somehow shares her fate now.
Spoiler for Watanagashi + Meakashi, and some background behind Shion/Mion:
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 20:59   Link #1457
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebattler View Post
Well I am new to Higurashi so didn't read all of the thread because it might contain untagged spoilers but I wish to know the age of the characters because its seriously bugging me lately
I don't know how this was confirmed, but in the anime at least, from what I've heard Rena is fifteen (her birthday is in July, right? So that makes her sixteen in Rei). That makes Keiichi sixteen and the twins plus Satoshi seventeen. Rika and Satoko are 9 - 11..

This isn't really a question but..

Spoiler:

Edit:

When was it first noted that Hanyuu liked sweet things, specifically cream puffs? A lot of media have shown her having an obsession with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Nope, When They Cry is a read-only series.
Don't you chose certain things in Matsuri, and probably the DS ones, that push you into certain arcs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
.....People keep on saying this. To me, his eyes look purple in his original sprites too 0_o . http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1185 Am... am I crazy?
They look purple to me too, a very dull shade but still purple. However it's hard to tell with the original sprites. But with the remakes, Daybreak, and every other non-anime based Higurashi Keiichi I've seen he has blue eyes..Such as the manga.

Last edited by Ryuugu-chan; 2010-01-12 at 21:27.
Ryuugu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 03:13   Link #1458
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Umm, does Rika's mom have a name? I can't find it anywhere for some reason and can't remember it being mentioned anywhere.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 04:03   Link #1459
Redtg7

I would prefer not to read through 73 pages for the answer so sorry if it's already been asked, but my question is, what is the Oyashiro-sama religion. I know the basic facts but what I'm curious about is if there's anything that's hidden or could be guessed at about it. What little they tell us doesn't give much info to it. If we knew more on it, it could tell us even more on how the characters' minds work.
Redtg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 17:20   Link #1460
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post

This isn't really a question but..

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:

Edit:

When was it first noted that Hanyuu liked sweet things, specifically cream puffs? A lot of media have shown her having an obsession with them.
Higurashi Kai. Matsuribayashi-hen (Episode 19 of Higurashi Kai anime)

Quote:

Don't you chose certain things in Matsuri, and probably the DS ones, that push you into certain arcs?
Yup. This was a change made by Alchemist in the remakes to add a sense of interaction and replayability.

Also, Rika's mom has not been given a name. You will not find it, since she was never given an official name.