AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-09, 20:52   Link #18261
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Holy shit, I think I just started liking Asahina as a character.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:56   Link #18262
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
By the Way, I just discovered this: Fate/stay night REverse.
I've read somewhere that Nasu's original story used a female Shirou who summoned King ARTHUR. They switched it for the VN, so that the gamers can better identify with the main character. If this is true, GB FSN is just a return to the roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
She's still in a good mood from utterly defeating the President... but if you can suggest something that works with that scene, please, go ahead.

I always appreciate new ideas, so...

But not this. The novels used this anyway.

Anyway, new writeup.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe A: Clubroom- The Answers (I):

I split this one into two parts because it's 4 am AGAIN and I can't do any more of this tonight.

There will be a continuation AND more tomorrow because I'm going to try my damned hardest not to get distracted.
Since we're genderbending, Kyon punishment should be something that involves crossdressing. Something like "wear the seifuku and jump into the pervert principal's lap."

It was so much easier for Haruki to blow off the female CCP. What was she expecting from a confrontation with a 7 foot psychopath with her loli body?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 20:58   Link #18263
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Now how would Kyon react to suddenly having a screaming Kyonko in his bed in the middle of the night? Heavy sleep torpor and adrenaline do not mix well, from experience.
... I'd ask which one of the two you've been in the position of, but I don't think I want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
And, if I'm reading Mystérique Sign correctly, it was definitely Koizumi who defeated the giant cricket.
Already pointed that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Holy shit, I think I just started liking Asahina as a character.
It really helps to ignore his psychological problems.

*e*
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
It was so much easier for Haruki to blow off the female CCP. What was she expecting from a confrontation with a 7 foot psychopath with her loli body?
Haruki is only 6-foot tall. Don't exaggerate.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 21:05   Link #18264
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I'd ask which one of the two you've been in the position of, but I don't think I want to know.
Never had anything that interesting happen, (un?)fortunately. Rather, I was awoken from a deep sleep by a rather forceful alarm... and nearly destroyed my phone trying to turn it off before the mixture of (natural) chemicals coursing through my system made me physically ill.

Given that I'm not nearly as heavy of a sleeper as Kyon...
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 21:07   Link #18265
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Aw... I was hoping for an awkward story.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-09, 21:43   Link #18266
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Part 2 of 2.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe A: Clubroom- The Answers (II):

Yes, I realize there was supposed to be a choice here, but it would have ruined the mood I was trying to go for.

I'll put the second FridgeTrigger somewhere on Day 4, I guess, then...

Enjoy!
I liked this one. Ilike the climate you gave to tis. I really love seeing the Brigade arguing wich theory is correct (that is why I don't think Sighs is so bad).

I also liked the characterization. Nagato and Itsuko are just how their conterpart. Kyonko is breaking down, but that is understandable. The only "strange" is Mitsuru, but I know what you are trying to do with him, so it is ok. Also, is intresting he being so agains Itsuko's theory, the same probably goes for Mikuru (she did tell Kyon that Itsuki is talking bullshit), but she isn't so active about speaking her opinios.

Also, is funny see you using that ribbon just at the same day I talked about fanfic canon. This is a very good exemple . This also make me realize I miss the rewrites. I like your Mitsuru better then Mikuru now . (well, is not that dificult).

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai
I've read somewhere that Nasu's original story used a female Shirou who summoned King ARTHUR. They switched it for the VN, so that the gamers can better identify with the main character. If this is true, GB FSN is just a return to the roots.
I read that too. A male Arthur make more sense then a female one after all . It is possible even see the original consept. Look here (WARNING huge spoiler from F/SN). Shirou was going to be a meganekko. I read also she(Ayaka/'original' shirou) is the base for Rin as a Character.

PP:
Forgot to say: Mitsuru is a sefcest pervert.
Also, Poor Kyonko.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 21:47   Link #18267
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Awesome update Kaisos.

So Mitsuuru's balls are finally dropping?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 02:31   Link #18268
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Either Mitsuuru is remembering wrong or we're changing it so Yuuki's the one that solves the problem and I was never made aware of that.
Mitsuuru spent the entire fight clinging to Kyonko's legs, nearly in tears. He doesn't remember too well, and everyone else is too busy trying to calm him down to correct him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Yeah we might need to edit that.
What, the line about tits?

Bah, that's perfectly in-character. All men are perverts anyway. =P

Quote:
Arthur's class name was supposed to be "Saver/Saviour", as well.

Might as well have just used "Paladin"...

Quote:
Since we're genderbending, Kyon punishment should be something that involves crossdressing. Something like "wear the seifuku and jump into the pervert principal's lap."
...I'll leave this to Editor-kun, I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
So Mitsuuru's balls are finally dropping?
Mitsuuru is only really a wuss around a) Haruki or when b) Bad shit is goin' down.

Unfortunately there's very few times when either of the two is NOT happening.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 02:36   Link #18269
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Mitsuuru spent the entire fight clinging to Kyonko's legs, nearly in tears.
Quote:
All men are perverts anyway. =P
... Why am I now picturing Mitsuuru taking advantage of that situation by peeking up Kyonko's skirt?
Old 2009-08-10, 02:51   Link #18270
Heatth

Quote:
Mitsuuru spent the entire fight clinging to Kyonko's legs, nearly in tears. He doesn't remember too well, and everyone else is too busy trying to calm him down to correct him.
For some reason, I always imagined this scene with Mitsuru placing hinself between the giant cricket and Kyonko, trying to protect her... While cry, close his eyes and shakes of fear.

Quote:
Arthur's class name was supposed to be "Saver/Saviour", as well.

Might as well have just used "Paladin"...
Saver is writen the same way as Saber in japanese (seebaa). It is really like that?

Quote:
Mitsuuru is only really a wuss around a) Haruki or when b) Bad shit is goin' down.
Err... What is a "wuss"?
Old 2009-08-10, 02:52   Link #18271
Jintor

'coward', kind of.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 02:53   Link #18272
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
... Why am I now picturing Mitsuuru taking advantage of that situation by peeking up Kyonko's skirt?
'Cause Kyonko's delicious?
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 02:55   Link #18273
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
For some reason, I always imagined this scene with Mitsuru placing hinself between the giant cricket and Kyonko, trying to protect her... While cry, close his eyes and shakes of fear.
Mitsuuru + giant bug = terror.

Hell, Kyonko too. Actually, wouldn't it be funnier if they were both on the ground clutching each other for support?

Quote:
Saver is writen the same way as Saber in japanese (seebaa). It is really like that?
Character Materials lists his name as as "Saver" in clear English, and I'm convinced that's just them saying "Saviour" incorrectly.

Quote:
Err... What is a "wuss"?
In Haruki's words, a "supremely unmanly individual".

In Dictionary.com's words, here.
Old 2009-08-10, 03:01   Link #18274
Heatth

Quote:

Hell, Kyonko too. Actually, wouldn't it be funnier if they were both on the ground clutching each other for support?
That would work.

My idea was Mitsuru trying to look tough in front of Kyonko... and failing. (obviously)

Quote:
Character Materials lists his name as as "Saver" in clear English, and I'm convinced that's just them saying "Saviour" incorrectly.
Yeah, probably. I've only read english speaker fans writing it, so I was not sure if it was correct.

Quote:
In Haruki's words, a "supremely unmanly individual".

In Dictionary.com's words, here.
Thanks. I usually use Word Reference. But they mistook it for USA. ¬¬

Also, thanks, Jintor.
Old 2009-08-10, 04:41   Link #18275
otai

Quote:
Part 2 of 2.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe A: Clubroom- The Answers (II):

Yes, I realize there was supposed to be a choice here, but it would have ruined the mood I was trying to go for.

I'll put the second FridgeTrigger somewhere on Day 4, I guess, then...

Enjoy!
Good job as always, man.

Why was Kyonko the only slider? The ribbon/plot coupon thing is pretty blatant now. Also, wouldn't strands of her DNA/hair be better? And despite what danchou promised, not much philosophy/SF metaphysics ramblings by Itsuko.

Maybe the Mitsuuru perversion feels off because we've always associated him with prefering flat chests?

Quote:

Quote:
That would work.

My idea was Mitsuru trying to look tough in front of Kyonko... and failing. (obviously)

Yeah, probably. I've only read english speaker fans writing it, so I was not sure if it was correct.
Mitsuuru: Get behind me, Kyonko!

Kyonko: Why don't you get in front of me? Or has that something to do with you in the fetal position with your legs shaking and you mumbling "I musn't run away..." repeatedly.

You know, female Shirou = female archer. Who wears glasses. The original concept seems to be geared towards the fate route.
Old 2009-08-10, 04:46   Link #18276
Heatth

Quote:
Mitsuuru: Get behind me, Kyonko!

Kyonko: Why don't you get in front of me? Or has that something to do with you in the fetal position with your legs shaking and you mumbling "I musn't run away..." repeatedly.
lol. Yeah something like that . A little less pathetic, maybe. Just a little.

Quote:
You know, female Shirou = female archer. Who wears glasses. The original concept seems to be geared towards the fate route.
Didn't understand. Female Archer with glasses would be funny. But what this has to do with Fate Route?
Old 2009-08-10, 05:17   Link #18277
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Why was Kyonko the only slider?
That's the question, ain't it?

Quote:
The ribbon/plot coupon thing is pretty blatant now. Also, wouldn't strands of her DNA/hair be better?
I had to get rid of the ribbon SOMEHOW...

I don't think you can clone something from hair... it's dead cells, right? Besides, hair can be lost easily. Big plastic rectangles can't.

Also, I wanted to go for something a little more metaphysical.

Quote:
Maybe the Mitsuuru perversion feels off because we've always associated him with prefering flat chests?
Honestly I think he just likes girls regardless of their build.

Quote:
And despite what danchou promised, not much philosophy/SF metaphysics ramblings by Itsuko.
I have absolutely no idea how to write that, though. Nor was I aware that he was expecting that until I was already writing the scene.

I don't read enough hard SF to really feel comfortable having Itsuko pull out various quantum physics theories, sorry. I'm a social sciences student for god's sake. The most interesting thing you can expect from me is Jung's crap (that they don't even teach anymore) and, honestly, that's Kyonko's department, not Koizumi's.

Besides, it's not like either Koizumi's random-ass theories mean anything anyway. They're just used to pad out space and make Haruhi seem more science-y.

If you can suggest something you'd like to see or hear, I'd be glad to add it in or make Editor-kun add it in, but it's not the sort of thing I can immediately come up with.

Dammit and now you have me wishing I'd pulled out something about anima/animus... maybe I can throw a passing reference to that on Day 4 or something.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-08-10 at 05:28.
Old 2009-08-10, 06:11   Link #18278
otai

Quote:
Didn't understand. Female Archer with glasses would be funny. But what this has to do with Fate Route?
I meant that the original story Nasu wrote probably followed a plot similar to the Fate scenario only. UBW and HF were probably designed when they decided on the VN. The characters don't really fit into UBW or HF. To become a counter guardian, Shirou would have made some questionable/stupid life choices. Choices that I just don't see a girl could reasonably make. "Saver" probably foreshadows how she is saved from this fate.

Does anyone have actual knowledge about this?

Also, a male Sakura would be kinda weird.
Quote:

I don't think you can clone something from hair... it's dead cells, right? Besides, hair can be lost easily. Big plastic rectangles can't.

Well, we could add something about how something that has followed her across dimensions would have traceble residual particles or something. Or not, cause that's a little silly. Or maybe her hair gets wrapped up in the ribbon. Ah, just leave this minor detail to the readers imagination.

Because if I have to use an inanimate possession of Kyonko's to make a tracking device, I'd ask for her panties.
Quote:
I have absolutely no idea how to write that, though. Nor was I aware that he was expecting that until I was already writing the scene.

I don't read enough hard SF to really feel comfortable having Itsuko pull out various quantum physics theories, sorry. I'm a social sciences student for god's sake. The most interesting thing you can expect from me is Jung's crap (that they don't even teach anymore) and, honestly, that's Kyonko's department, not Koizumi's.

Besides, it's not like either Koizumi's random-ass theories mean anything anyway. They're just used to pad out space and make Haruhi seem more science-y.

If you can suggest something you'd like to see or hear, I'd be glad to add it in or make Editor-kun add it in, but it's not the sort of thing I can immediately come up with.

Dammit and now you have me wishing I'd pulled out something about anima/animus... maybe I can throw a passing reference to that on Day 4 or something.
The more heavy hitting theories should be saved for later, I think. Maybe this is a good time to discuss the odds of someone being born in he opposite gender. Or born intersexual. Mendellian odds say 50%, I think? And the odds for a large group of people is very large.
Old 2009-08-10, 07:48   Link #18279
Heatth

Quote:
I meant that the original story Nasu wrote probably followed a plot similar to the Fate scenario only. UBW and HF were probably designed when they decided on the VN. The characters don't really fit into UBW or HF. To become a counter guardian, Shirou would have made some questionable/stupid life choices. Choices that I just don't see a girl could reasonably make. "Saver" probably foreshadows how she is saved from this fate.
Ah, I understand now. However, even if Fate was thought before, HF was probably the first to be created (as a VN game). If you read the flowchart, you can gain some points with Saber and Rin, even though they are meanless. Probably all routes were intended to branche from there.

Quote:
Also, a male Sakura would be kinda weird.
Just because Shirou and Saber were enderbended, don't mean everyone was too. I've read theorys that the original main character was going to be Saver isnted Shirou/Ayaka. Maybe that is why Saber changes master so many times.

Quote:

Why you had to rid of the ribbon?

Also, being Nagato, something more "scientific' (*cough, cough*) fit better. Maybe because she wear the ribbon every day that residual cells are on it or some crap like that.

Quote:

As you said, nothing Itsuki says mean anything. He clarelly make it up on spot. Itsuko should do something similar. Like mentioning "cogito ergo sum" when theorysing they might not be real. Even if this was the case, the fact they think proves they exist, or something similar. She also could babble her original theorys, from novel1, about Haruki being god, when she says he might created another universe (obviusly, don't mean she would belive what she is saying). There are probably some other things she could say here, but I haven't had any idea for now.

Als, I forgot to say, but Itsuko being cynical about Mitsuru talking with the future was cool. I always got the inpresion that Itsuki/ko don't take Mikuru/tsuru very seriously and vice versa. The Koizumis probably think that the Asahinas are useless, while the Asahinas thinks that the Koizumis are a kind of fanatic religious (both are +- correct).

*Post Postum:

Unrelated from the current discussion, but how would be the endless eight restaurant scene genderbended? Kyon proves he can be very similar to Haruki when he want. This mean Kyonko would enter in geki mode and act similar to Haruhi? I am curious now to see how it would work.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-10 at 08:01.
Old 2009-08-10, 08:57   Link #18280
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Mitsuuru: No it doesn’t. It’s stupid and you know it is. Kyon-chan, look, I’ll contact my future right now. Just let me get into the closet so I can do -classified information-.

Asahina-senpai goes into the broom closet. After a few minutes, during which we can hear the noises of rummaging and him muttering to himself, he popped his head out, and said.

Mitsuuru: There, I’ve contacted the future.

Itsuko: I’m sure you have.
Oh, that Mitsuuru and his ambiguous time travel.

"TIME PLANES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!"

I do like the sarcasm that Itsuko displays toward Mitsuuru throughout the scene. But I do wonder how that would work with Itsuki and Mikuru.
Probably the same, since Itsuki is usually blunt when he's talking about his theories or his precious "God".

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan