AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 51 48.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 12.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 14:57   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, sarcasm and joke don't really work well on the net (or with me i guess *sigh*)
also indeed. but it is most likely to emphasis the content of the chapter anyway. Much like how the rest of the chapters foreshadow the plot

Aside of this, many still think it will be a plain disaster, but why actually this title then? well not really that a hint (i hope so).

Thinking of minagoroshi and its length, as far as the chapter goes (well the pace isn't too inconstant), it should end within 4-5 episodes (most likely)
Old 2007-08-19, 15:22   Link #62
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not really, since the etymology of the word explicitely mean "humans being salughtered" ^^" (both if we translate litteraly "Minagoroshi" or the meaning of the english word)

also, we are only at the third way, not exactly half way of the series. many more things left ^^
i thought 'minagoroshi'= mina + goroshi meaning like everyone gets killed?
Old 2007-08-19, 19:04   Link #63
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
awesome episode i can't wait to see whats to come in this arc (i haven't played the games or read the spoilers of whats to come so im really in suspense) things seem to be lining up to help rika win against her fate this time but with a name like massacre arc and the series only halfway through i don't think this one will be a happy ending. On the other hand she won't have a chance like this again with everyone remembering their past a chance like this won't happen again.
It may very well happen again. Shion "remembering" her past has happened twice now. However Rika's mistake this time is obvious. She's left herself out of the circle of friends in the games club by not telling them any of her secrets even though at that moment they were more receptive than ever before. She has taken without giving, choosing instead to repose her faith in Irie, Takano, and Tomitake. Not relying on your group of friends is _always_ the wrong choice in a Japanese cartoon. Tomitake's a nice guy apparently, but he is not Rika's friend and neither are Irie and Takano. Rika isn't thinking of the games club as friends to be relied upon for support but as obstacles who are finally out of the way, and that is what means she has no chance of success this time because her thinking is still impure.
Old 2007-08-19, 20:09   Link #64
ThreadsofFate
Banned

Though it was not shown in the anime, sadly, Tomitake was quite friendly with the entire club. I still hope we'll see some of it in the anime, but the moment seems to have passed.;-;

Now Takano on the other hand...she's just creepy. Who confides in the creepy one who seems to be giddy whenever she talks about the murders?>_>;
Old 2007-08-19, 20:52   Link #65
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Takano is really a child at heart

Spoiler for Takano's issues:
Old 2007-08-19, 20:54   Link #66
ThreadsofFate
Banned

The deadliest guise evil can have is innocence.
Old 2007-08-19, 22:16   Link #67
MrZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
It may very well happen again. Shion "remembering" her past has happened twice now. However Rika's mistake this time is obvious. She's left herself out of the circle of friends in the games club by not telling them any of her secrets even though at that moment they were more receptive than ever before. She has taken without giving, choosing instead to repose her faith in Irie, Takano, and Tomitake. Not relying on your group of friends is _always_ the wrong choice in a Japanese cartoon. Tomitake's a nice guy apparently, but he is not Rika's friend and neither are Irie and Takano. Rika isn't thinking of the games club as friends to be relied upon for support but as obstacles who are finally out of the way, and that is what means she has no chance of success this time because her thinking is still impure.
Remembering has nothing to do with Shion's and Keiichi's actions in this arc. It also seems that guilt can carry over from other worlds as well. Before she killed herself in Maekashi-hen Shion was begging for another chance at having her relationship with Satoko again saying she wouldn't blow it again. Same kind of thing with when Keiichi gave the doll to Mion. He didn't remember anything beyond maybe a sense of guilt that he thought of not giving the doll to Mion.
Old 2007-08-19, 23:48   Link #68
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
Remembering has nothing to do with Shion's and Keiichi's actions in this arc. It also seems that guilt can carry over from other worlds as well.
Without some kind of memory, there's no cause for guilt. Of course one other thing I noticed is that Ooishi is still trying to cast Mion as a yakuza oujo, which she isn't, quite.
Old 2007-08-20, 00:04   Link #69
ThreadsofFate
Banned

When did he do that?O_o
Old 2007-08-20, 01:09   Link #70
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsofFate View Post
When did he do that?O_o
"Mion of the Scarlet Peony". I'm pretty sure his mental image is something out of Yakuza movies.
Old 2007-08-20, 01:15   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I believe this is the other way around: I think Mion disliked Ooishi because of the fact he sealed Mion and the Sonozaki in the image of "bad Yakuza", and his obnoxious obsession about the Hinamizawa incidents.
However, Ooishi proved in Minagoroshi-hen that he knows how to stick on his work or not.
Furthermore, that nickname was more like a joke or humourous note about her roll skill, which definitely gives Mion the confirmation that Ooishi isn't a blockhead as he was supposed to be.
Old 2007-08-20, 06:18   Link #72
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Now
the "janitors" are definitely linked to Irie or Takano or Tomitake or the three of them
One of the 3 is the culprit or the "janitors" are going to betray them at some point
Old 2007-08-20, 11:15   Link #73
kagato3

Given that all 3 of them end up dead in worlds that the GHD happens there is some kind of betrayal going on.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-08-21, 04:40   Link #74
haiz123321
Obey me world!

OMG Hanyuu's reaction= priceless!!! ^^ and i finally get the see the au au au thing lols XD that was cuteeee. Btw whats the meaning of moe?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release

Last edited by haiz123321; 2007-08-21 at 04:51.
Old 2007-08-21, 06:44   Link #75
FlashCE

Who are the three men in the end that stopped the gangsters?

Aren't they the men in grey, who are bad people?
Old 2007-08-21, 06:48   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

These are men from the "Yamainu", the special unit Takano, Tomitake and Irie dispatched for Rika.
Indeed, they look really alike with the janitors from the previous arcs.
Old 2007-08-21, 09:04   Link #77
Zeedox

Send a message via MSN to Zeedox
I find Tomitakes comment "how do we explain this to Tokyo?" interesting. Does this imply that there is some kind of HQ in Tokyo which monitors the things happening in Hinamizawa?

+ for Ooishi in this episode. Mion of the Scarlet Peony!
Old 2007-08-21, 14:12   Link #78
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeedox View Post
I find Tomitakes comment "how do we explain this to Tokyo?" interesting. Does this imply that there is some kind of HQ in Tokyo which monitors the things happening in Hinamizawa?
Well probably not an HQ as such, but their source of financing, goons and cover. Tokyo is the political and financial center of Japan. That's where the power is. It's like New York, L.A and Washington all combined into one city. Tomitake's job apparently is to act as the connection between Irie's backers and Irie, Takano and the plumbers (Yamainu). Knowing as we do by this episode that the plumbers are part of Irie's operation, it becomes clearer why in the first episodes the plumbers clobbered a psychotic Keeichi and left him to await Irie's arrival (Irie being the "manager" that Mion talks about).
Old 2007-08-21, 14:15   Link #79
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Who are the three men in the end that stopped the gangsters?

Aren't they the men in grey, who are bad people?
Thats the problem we dont know who the bad people are. Remember in every past HinamizawaRika is killed but no one not even Rika her self knows who and why her murder was carried out. The MIG are from the Yamainu and they look similar to the MIG from the previous arc but what is there true purpose Satoko and Rika are prime research material that is why Rika is so protected and why Satoko goes to the doctor for test. That in its self might have something to do with the level of protection she recieves
Old 2007-08-21, 15:24   Link #80
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I think Yamainu are kinda like mercenaries

or am I wrong?