Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango337 View Post
Spoiler for dammit:

Dammit, spoiler that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 00:16   Link #762
typhonsentra

I'll also point out that Roan said they "Might have" done it. It's hard to know what he meant by that but it's probably the way they leave a scene with them acting intimate/lovey dovey and/or someone else suggesting that they did something and having them blush. That's how I imagine it at least.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 00:33   Link #763
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
Spoiler:
There it is.
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 00:42   Link #764
(o^^)-o*(x_x)*

Spoiler:
(o^^)-o*(x_x)* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 01:35   Link #765
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by (o^^)-o*(x_x)* View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-08, 02:29   Link #766
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler:
Couldn't resist coming back.

Spoiler for Wait, what?:
wistfulloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 02:30   Link #767
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Spoiler for Wait, what?:
...You do read the books, right?

The author has an... interesting... sense of humor.
Old 2009-03-08, 02:34   Link #768
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...You do read the books, right?

The author has an... interesting... sense of humor.
Books? Yes but up till now I have yet to observe any explicit content. Mind pointing me in the right direction?
Old 2009-03-08, 02:38   Link #769
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Books? Yes but up till now I have yet to observe any explicit content. Mind pointing me in the right direction?
I was more referring to the sexual humor the author invokes. A lot.

Spoiler for your answer about vol. 10:
Old 2009-03-08, 03:35   Link #770
wistfulloner

I would seriously question Ryuji's ethics if he really "did" Taiga.

It just seems so... out of place, out of character.
Old 2009-03-08, 04:27   Link #771
SakuraAyanami
Skies Of Dawn

Quote:

In that case you should try to understand the feelings of the characters that you are reading.
He has always been displayed as a normal teen who also has hormones. Just because he has never acted upon them (because he is not the generic male lead that drools and has nose bleeds at the sight of panties or boobs)doesn't mean that he can't get heat up in the mist of passion or hormonal drive.
SakuraAyanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:17   Link #772
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Good Lord, why is sex such a big no-no to some people? It's a curious kind of behavior, to me...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:26   Link #773
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I don't see what's the problem either, it complements their relationship, it's the last part of a greater picture so to say
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:30   Link #774
roan

Quote:

I said I wasn't going to be posting here anymore but there's probably a few things I should post here first.

Ryuuji is still just a kid and kids in Japanese highschool are less emotionally mature than kids in other countries, so whatever ethics you think he might have aren't quite so much as him being a nice guy, but a combination of circumstances, timid personality, excuses (I'm reviewing some of these monologues and the momentum of how they're written in context of volume 10, and I'm thinking, these really sound more like excuses or twisted reasoning for some other unsaid feeling), and complex issues involving being abandoned if he didn't stay a good boy. Back in volume 1, he did act like a somewhat normal kid in terms of sexual attraction when it came to Taiga. However, this got shoved to the backdrop since,

1. If he tried to pull something on her, she'd bite back.

2. She's got enough force on her so he doesn't have to worry about being sensitive when dealing with a frail girl and doesn't have to register as being someone of the opposite sex. But when her guard's completely down and she acts like a normal girl (swimsuit, closet incident at the school trip)..... (Also, from the perspective of this being a short series running on momentum and ambiguous emotions instead of a long-running one that can be dragged on, having situations like this happen again and again is going to be boring and repetitive, now that I think about it).

3. He's a chicken because of his "I have to be a good boy complex." If he stopped being a "good boy", he might be abandoned.

4. He's living with a reasonably cute girl (I'm using the manga and novel illustrations as a base and not the lolified anime character design) so where is the frustration going? Does he even masturbate? What is the source of these bursts of superhuman feats (stopping Taiga from falling down the stairs, making the breastpads, the marathon, the bear Santa, spotting the light of a hairpin during a blizzard)?

5. I'm reviewing the monologues here and there and comparing them with how he behaves in volume 10 and I'm getting the feeling that most his ethics and what he's been doing for Taiga were desperate but unconscious attempts at getting her to depend on him and therefore stay with him and not abandon him. He changed his stance to doing what's best for her instead of for him in volume 5, but the way how he's probing around for problems in volume 7 and acting like an abandoned puppy in volume 8, really, really, make it seems like he was looking for any reasonable chances to be with her when she's drifting further away from him and ceasing to be dependent on him. I think he's been killing his emotions while not even knowing about it the whole time.

I mean, in volume 10,
Spoiler:

6. Put all this stuff together, dump the whole charade of two kids liking their counterparts' best friend and not each other, and get rid of the "mama's boy that can't think for himself" complex, and I could see a lot of emotions exploding.

Which may or may not be apparent in the anime, but ah well.

Now about volume 10 itself.
Spoiler:

I'll add something on Ami while I'm at it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by roan; 2009-03-10 at 00:45.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:49   Link #775
Janifuu
緩和

Have my babies Roan, please hahahaha
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:13   Link #776
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraAyanami View Post
In that case you should try to understand the feelings of the characters that you are reading.
He has always been displayed as a normal teen who also has hormones. Just because he has never acted upon them (because he is not the generic male lead that drools and has nose bleeds at the sight of panties or boobs)doesn't mean that he can't get heat up in the mist of passion or hormonal drive.
Not to say that he has a suppressed sexual drive, but how can he bear to "do it" to Taiga? They've been through thick and thin together, and supported each other; I see them more as very, very special friends rather than a romantic couple. That is why I must question Ryuji's intentions if he were to do such a thing.

Maybe its because I live in conservative Singapore, where you don't see 17 year-olds making love every so often.
Old 2009-03-08, 07:28   Link #777
roan

Quote:
I see them more as very, very special friends rather than a romantic couple.
It goes a little beyond that. For the whole time, their actions have been dictated by what the other person or the persons around them wants and not what they wanted themselves. On the outside and by their actions, they look like special friends, but what did THEY really, really, want for themselves, ignoring rules, situations, and whatnot? That's how I've been seeing it. This is also the same with Minori and Ami. They might be doing that or acting like this which could be suggesting something else, but what do they really want?

I'm putting it like this because this is a theme that should (hopefully) start becoming apparent, at least should have since the end of the Kitamura arc.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:44   Link #778
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

While this thread has caused my mind to aspload at least twice, I'm getting mixed impressions about the ending when...

Spoiler for Ending spoilers?:

So... which is it exactly?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 08:07   Link #779
Tsukuyomii

Uhh... Zero no Tsukaima deja vu... >,>
I was so hoping they would'nt go that way.

Spoiler:

By the way, is there anything going on with Minori in volume 10? >,>
Tsukuyomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 08:12   Link #780
Tango337

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
While this thread has caused my mind to aspload at least twice, I'm getting mixed impressions about the ending when...

Spoiler for Ending spoilers?:

So... which is it exactly?
Spoiler:
Tango337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, shounen