AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-14, 12:19   Link #1
velvet nightmare

Different types of romance (anime)

hi just wondering if i can get a few additional romance suggestions here are some of the ones i've seen

-fantasy romance -i've pretty much seen all of the Rie Kugimiya ones rofl so if anyone has any ideas of anime of this type that DOESNT involve a tsundere im all ears

-romantic comedy -the only one im aware of is school rumble which i may watch at some point so if there's other good ones out there let me know

-drama/romance -can't say that i've seen any of this type, 5cm/second kind of?

-school life/romance -the only one i can think of that i've seen is toradora, and school rumble kind of falls into here but again, if there's any other good ones, let me know

this is the link to my anime-planet, you can apply a filter so you can see which romance i've already watched:
Old 2009-07-14, 14:58   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
-fantasy romance -i've pretty much seen all of the Rie Kugimiya ones rofl so if anyone has any ideas of anime of this type that DOESNT involve a tsundere im all ears
Then, you shouldn't be watching any love comedies in which Kugi has a role in it, especially if its the main character. As for suggestions:

Ah! My Goddess
Asura Cryin
Fate/Stay Night
Tears to Tiara

Quote:
-romantic comedy -the only one im aware of is school rumble which i may watch at some point so if there's other good ones out there let me know

-school life/romance -the only one i can think of that i've seen is toradora, and school rumble kind of falls into here but again, if there's any other good ones, let me know
Air Gear
Clannad After Story
Da Capo II
Gift ~eternal rainbow~
Kanon
Sora no Manimani
Old 2009-07-14, 21:49   Link #3
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Maison Ikkoku and Honey and Clover are romance/comedy/dramas. Honey and Clover is one of the best stories in the genre I've watched, it takes place in an art college. Maison Ikkoku is old and long, but if you don't mind that, it is a true classic. It's about a student (going into college) who falls in love with his new landlord.

Quote:
Kare Kano is a school romance, one of the best.

Kimagure Orange Road and Touch are two classics that take place in high school. However, I would say Touch is the better one. I don't to spoil the plot so I won't go any further.

Finally, True Tears is a more recent school romance, somewhat run-of-the-mill, but enjoyable.

Oh, and Whisper of the Heart is a Ghibli film that nearly blows every other young romance anime out of the park.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2009-07-14 at 22:14.
Old 2009-07-14, 22:10   Link #4
qwertyuiopz

since you already have anime planet you can check mine also ;D
Old 2009-07-15, 09:57   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
hi just wondering if i can get a few additional romance suggestions here are some of the ones i've seen

Ah My Goddess! Is the first thing to come to mind. Most fantasy romance tends to like Tsundere as a lead female- if only so she is more assertive in the plot. Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha also come to mind in such a situation, although those Tsundere aren't played by Rie Kugimiya, and are type B tsundere.

Quote:
Maison Ikkoku is amazing. Ah My Goddess also fits here. So does Ranma 1/2. Oh and I guess to some extent Cross Game. Oh Ai Yori Aoshi.

Quote:
Cross Game

Quote:
Cross Game, Kimagure Orange Road and Ai Yori Aoshi

Several of the others I've mentioned takes place with school life scenes/episodes but don't focus as much on school life.
Old 2009-07-15, 15:42   Link #6
Smithsky

Seconding Cross Game.

For romance, comedy, school life try Lovely Complex.

For romance, school life and some drama try True Tears. (just noticed it got mentioned already so seconding it ;p)

Also REC (romance, comedy)
Old 2009-07-15, 23:04   Link #7
velvet nightmare

thanks for the suggestions, narrowing them down really helped

i will take a look at a few of those
Old 2009-07-16, 08:04   Link #8
Cipher

Hm..quite a broad selection there. I'd recommend School Days for its strange yet peculiar growth within the characters (especially the main one), but you'll regret watching it if you don't like tragic endings,crazy twists, and a generally sex-addicted male pro.
Old 2009-07-16, 13:47   Link #9
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Lovely Complex is hilarious and touching. It's probably one of my favourite anime. I REALLY reccomend it.
Old 2009-07-16, 15:15   Link #10
cerrian

Allow me to add a 5th sub-category in the romance genre, specifically the action/romance shows.

There's Ayashi no Ceres if you're looking for a modern day fantasy/action/romance series. The bloodshed can be a bit brutal at times but it doesn't get carried away nor will you see rivers of blood like you would in Elfin Lied.
Old 2009-07-16, 19:46   Link #11
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Allow me to add a 5th sub-category in the romance genre, specifically the action/romance shows.

There's Ayashi no Ceres if you're looking for a modern day fantasy/action/romance series. The bloodshed can be a bit brutal at times but it doesn't get carried away nor will you see rivers of blood like you would in Elfin Lied.
good addition, i'll be sure to look up Ayashi no Ceres

btw i finished true tears, though at some points watching it i ended up scratching my head trying to figure out the reasons behind things, but all in all it was pretty good
Old 2009-07-17, 14:21   Link #12
becky0311

for romance/drama theres Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Closed Thread