AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-10, 08:42   Link #1
shadowsoul

Quincys?

Can it be safe to assume that Quincy powers are inherited through genes or can an ordinary human be taught how to use their abilitys? Also if it is inherited does it mean they are more evolved than ordinary humans?
Old 2006-01-10, 09:12   Link #2
real folk blues..

i wouldn't have thought so..
its probably a skill that's handed from generation to generation.. but only taught to family. something like certain medications in the far east that they just simply refuse to hand down to the public and keep it to their own family.
Old 2006-01-10, 09:14   Link #3
Odysseus

Probably there a strong spiritual force in their genes, but i think if other people with strong spiritual force where taught by a Quincy (since childhood?) they could gain those ability's aswell.
Old 2006-01-10, 09:18   Link #4
Grees
Ehhh

I would expect people who can become Quincy are also in touch with the spirit world just like pre-deathgod Ichigo. It would be weird if anyone can become one, you must be able to see hollows and such. Quincy's seems to me like a clan, the powers passing down from generations to generations sounds right to me.
Old 2006-01-10, 10:31   Link #5
Eclipze

With a Naruto reference, I would think Quincys are like Uchihas/Hyuugas of Naruto.

Like someone said, a clan-thingy.
Old 2006-01-11, 01:30   Link #6
Morisato

Yes they are. You know the saying like father like son? Explains pretty well how Ishida owned a captain even though he got beat by Renji (ROFL). His grandpa is also chief of the quincy tribe.
Old 2006-01-11, 03:53   Link #7
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
The Small One is right
but who would like to become a problem to SS when he'd know anout its exsistance... u know, quicies make hollows disapear...
Old 2006-01-11, 04:08   Link #8
Grees
Ehhh

I dont know, did it get said anywhere that it cannot be genetically inherited?
Old 2006-01-11, 05:47   Link #9
Eclipze

But it does seem very weird if EVERYONE can be a quincy....I mean, surely a hybird of shinigami/quincy would have appeared/mentioned by now if anyone can use quincy abilities.

Also, that would defeat the purpose of labeling Ishida "the last of the quincy". Right?
Old 2006-01-11, 07:22   Link #10
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Also, that would defeat the purpose of labeling Ishida "the last of the quincy". Right?
Hardly. He may be the last of the Quincy right now, but that doesn't mean that nobody else can ever become a Quincy.

Spoiler for recent manga:
Old 2006-01-11, 07:27   Link #11
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluzar
Hardly. He may be the last of the Quincy right now, but that doesn't mean that nobody else can ever become a Quincy.

Spoiler for recent manga:
Er....of course it is a title for the current time, just like Sasuke for Naruto: When they get married and have children, surely one of them would have quincy powers.

Many tools? The only tool I can think of is the glove that Ishida used, and that all the portrayal of quincies are of people using their reitsu to produce a bow and spirt arrows.

um.....ok, MOST shinigami are "dead", but of course we have the exceptional Ichigo. There is a possibility that other shinigamis exists in the living world as well(well, not recorded I mean).

And was it stated that you needed to be alive to use quincy abilities?
Old 2006-01-11, 08:25   Link #12
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Er....of course it is a title for the current time, just like Sasuke for Naruto: When they get married and have children, surely one of them would have quincy powers.
I wasn't referring to his possible offspring. I definitely believe than anyone with strong reiatsu can become a Quincy. There is support for this belief. I probably shouldn't cite that support right now, but in time all will become clear.
Old 2006-01-11, 08:25   Link #13
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluzar
I wasn't referring to his possible offspring. I definitely believe than anyone with strong reiatsu can become a Quincy. There is support for this belief. I probably shouldn't cite that support right now, but in time all will become clear.
Ok, now I get a tingerling feeling that its a manga spoiler.
Old 2006-01-11, 11:02   Link #14
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

I don't think "Quincy" is an ability, but a technique or style. In other words, if you have the requisite spirit power you can train to be a Quincy.

Essentially Chad and Ishida are using the *same* powers, but they use them in different ways.
Old 2006-01-11, 11:42   Link #15
Eclipze

If so....why are the people with the ability as Ishida's grandfather labelled as Quincys then? I really dont see a different with that labelling with the "clans" in naruto with their special bloodline.

Its basically throwing the label of Quincy into a mere skill....a joke.
Old 2006-01-11, 11:44   Link #16
Yûyake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desti-Fate
I don't think "Quincy" is an ability, but a technique or style. In other words, if you have the requisite spirit power you can train to be a Quincy.

Essentially Chad and Ishida are using the *same* powers, but they use them in different ways.
If it would be a training.. I dont think Ishida would have said that he is the last one, and the one (forgot is name) that he fight wouldnt have said i was was sure i kill the last one (the g-father of Ishida). They would have more Quincy if it would be only a training.
Old 2006-01-11, 13:05   Link #17
Eclipze

Well, if it is a skill like you say, then why are they...presenting it otherwise? Quincys are being shown as a clan, not a skill as you explained....or was it specifically stated that it is a skill, in the anime?
Old 2006-01-11, 13:21   Link #18
BettiePage

Quincys

they are not a clan or family...

it was explained that the quincys were... past tense... a group of humans who have strong spirital powers who knew of the hollows existance, they banded together and organized to fight them by killing hollows.

they were an organization. and yes folks with strong spirital powers do tend to pass those spirital powers down thru their family lines.

because they were killing hollows and not purifying em... the shinigamis whacked the lot of em.

i dont know if ishida is the last quincy like he claims to be... but his father is not a quincy. Isida's father told him to stay away from his grandfather and dont waste his time with em... his grandfather even said that he rejected the quincy way of life and choose his own path. how many more of these folks exisit? could be lots... great way for ishida to keep learning new stuff and power up dont ya think?

also so far the mythos of bleach is still set in japan... there could be hollows in europe or americas or africa... different groups of humans who killed hollows who came to the same ending as the quincys. hard to say.

also... keep in mind that aizen is no longer a shinigami... he left soul society... so its possible to say that any former quincy who left the order is no longer a quincy.
Old 2006-01-11, 17:12   Link #19
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettiePage

it was explained that the quincys were... past tense... a group of humans who have strong spirital powers who knew of the hollows existance, they banded together and organized to fight them by killing hollows.
Isnt that how a clan can come into existence?
Start out as a band of brothers then a clan, an assumed common ancestor is enought, or link throught marriage would make you a clanmember. This could be about how people came together in the first place and form the Quincy. The technique would be passing down from generations to generations.
But then again, since there is only one Quincy left and hes the grandson of a Quincy doesnt make it conclusive, since i dont seem to remember Quincy's been properly explained.
Old 2006-01-11, 17:31   Link #20
Odysseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettiePage
also so far the mythos of bleach is still set in japan... there could be hollows in europe or americas or africa... different groups of humans who killed hollows who came to the same ending as the quincys. hard to say.
In the manga is said
Spoiler:
Closed Thread