AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 08:30   Link #201
wjr
JiRo
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to wjr
Make a thread named "Which Nanoha Season + Episode + Part do you think is the most exciting"
Old 2008-07-28, 05:37   Link #202
aers
*Fansubber

Requesting a thread for the Nanoha movie.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...r722073kl1.jpg
Old 2008-07-28, 05:48   Link #203
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
I for one, second that request. I just found this out as well. Also, happy that I called Nanoha OVAs months ago on the internet.
Old 2008-07-28, 07:00   Link #204
astranagun

Thirded and some new images:
http://www.moetron.com/2008/07/28/「n...ced/#more-1100
Old 2008-07-28, 07:24   Link #205
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thread created.
Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st, Expectations and Speculation
Old 2008-09-19, 14:57   Link #206
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Can I sugest a thread for discusing if the fans want a season 4 of Nanoha and why the want/ do no't want one?

I think it should be good to have a thread for that, specially to avoid off-topicness in other threads
Old 2008-09-19, 21:07   Link #207
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I don't think that's a good idea. Firstly everything will be based off speculation, and secondly, as already demonstrated, it'll degen into a flamewar.
Old 2008-09-19, 21:18   Link #208
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Why, has the fourth season been announced yet? Until it has, any such "wish list" would only contain rather pointless speculation.
So stays the mod's decision.
Old 2009-03-06, 06:11   Link #209
Gespenst
Real Robot

...Can we have one now? (Even if it is a manga)

...Nyantype?
Old 2009-03-06, 13:24   Link #210
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst View Post
...Can we have one now? (Even if it is a manga)

...Nyantype?
Because it is a comic, I think it would feet better in the alredy existant Nanoha Manga thread.
Old 2009-03-06, 13:26   Link #211
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I agree with Rick, this falls under the domain of the manga thread. As exciting as it is to have new material, we already have a thread for this stuff, so it should go there instead of having a new one dedicated to it.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-06-01, 07:13   Link #212
Ottocycle

Ok, manga thread got derailed by voice actor discussion. Need a thread for that I guess.

Also need to shift post numbers 2081 through 2094 in the manga thread to said thread.
Old 2009-07-28, 01:11   Link #213
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Nanoha Video Game thread Request(for not only the official video game but the doujin ones that have been out for awhile too). The official video game is coming out soon: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...pe_vol2_03.jpg
Old 2009-08-05, 02:35   Link #214
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Nanoha Video Game thread Request(for not only the official video game but the doujin ones that have been out for awhile too). The official video game is coming out soon: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...pe_vol2_03.jpg
I'd like to second this request!

I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:53   Link #215
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

The advent of certain fanfiction styles, such as the CYOA or similar voting-based fics, tends to flood the fanfiction thread. As a result, some fics may be pushed down or skipped over accidentally amidst the slew of voting.

Though such stories are not new to this place, there has been some concerns raised over time.

Would a thread dedicated to this style be prudent? Or should it be kept in the normal ff thread?
Old 2009-08-09, 20:10   Link #216
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I second that.

It would be easier to find fics that are CYOA and the like by going through such a thread rather than the Fanfiction thread. (Which is, what? between 700 and 800 pages by now)

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2009-08-10, 02:18   Link #217
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
The advent of certain fanfiction styles, such as the CYOA or similar voting-based fics, tends to flood the fanfiction thread. As a result, some fics may be pushed down or skipped over accidentally amidst the slew of voting.

Though such stories are not new to this place, there has been some concerns raised over time.

Would a thread dedicated to this style be prudent? Or should it be kept in the normal ff thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I second that.

It would be easier to find fics that are CYOA and the like by going through such a thread rather than the Fanfiction thread. (Which is, what? between 700 and 800 pages by now)
I'm not familiar with what a CYOA is. Looking at the FF thread it appears to be more of a "forum game" style of narative and as such I'm not really sure it should be in the FF thread to begin with. Wouldn't they be better suited to be posted in the Fan Creations sub-forum?
Old 2009-08-10, 03:00   Link #218
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If all else fails, you guys could just start a Social Group for such a thing.
Old 2009-08-10, 03:24   Link #219
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
I'm not familiar with what a CYOA is. Looking at the FF thread it appears to be more of a "forum game" style of narative and as such I'm not really sure it should be in the FF thread to begin with. Wouldn't they be better suited to be posted in the Fan Creations sub-forum?
Sorry, I should have explained better.

CYOA is an acronym for Choose Your Own Adventure. At certain points of the story, a number of choices are presented to the readers. The readers choose and vote on what choice they want to pursue, and the most popular choice is decided on. It is interactive fanfiction, which is one of the tags of the FF thread.

A number of other stories in the FF thread have done this sort of path, but mostly in Path A or Path B format. What differs a CYOA from the others is a greater number of choices as well as the option to create your own choices, or heck, even combine choices. All in all, it's up to both the author's and the audience's creativity to create the path they want.

It's similar to a dating sim in picking your responses, just a lot more... open.

The strength of a CYOA may be its flexibility (as well as the potential to go wildly off tangent), but it doubles as a weakness: it's too open, and there is the potential for voting discussions to get crazy long. The suggestion to open a dedicated thread for this sort of thing was mostly for the benefit of the writers that post "regular" stories. I personally did not choose to make this request -- rather it was the suggestion of a number of other forum goers. Not getting the thread is not a big deal to me.

Well, the story has just begun, and the FF thread has been somewhat slow lately. Plus, it seems the idea hasn't fully caught on just yet. I suppose we can just wait and see how it goes. I just hope it won't cause difficulties for other writers.
Old 2009-08-10, 11:33   Link #220
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm not familiar with what a CYOA is.
Well boss, if I'm not wrong this fics are when the author between each chapter leaves some kind of "option" of how would the reader like to see the protagonist do next, like a votation that determinates how's the story going, like an interactive fic, if I'm not wrong.

In any case, it's still a fic so I guess it alredy has its place at the FF thread.