AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 26.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-13, 14:55   Link #121
Manic
real men love pink

i would agree with that to a point. I agree that since he is manas chosen mate and cus of her love for him he is protected from harm at times. We have also seen evidence of this ie when he 1st gets the genome and also in ep 6 when he again wanted to act on his desire to protect his friends. Mana again resurfaced and aided him.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:03   Link #122
Soji

Plus he has the same color eyes (red) when he go angry or when he use Inori's void.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:14   Link #123
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
In case that sex = apocalypse, then you are obviously right. But I'm still iffy if that is completely the case. Anyway, she surely did do something to him, otherwise why show him pantsless in the first place?

Uh, again, I think you are interpreting a ton into that scene. Sorry, but this is turning a bit too fan-fictiony for me.
I'm just trying to put things into context.

- in the pocket dimension, Mana's form was that of a girl in a crystal and blood red eyeballs attached to crystal tentacles. She was speaking through these red eye balls and crystalline tentacles. According to Keido... her human body was dead and Inori was going to serve as he new vessel.
- Mana's form in pocket dimension = Lovecraftian. She was basically a tentacle monster.

Blood on lips... pretty natural for something that drinks blood, eats flesh... like a MONSTER. Shu even called her a MONSTER after she smeared blood on her lips. It's meant to show that she enjoyed killing.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:14   Link #124
Manic
real men love pink

makes ya wonder if her soul was divided and some of it ended up in shu.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:28   Link #125
ookamigirl

The childhood info about the three of them was pretty nice. Who knew...
Inori on remote control. Not a good thing at all.
Gai & Shu united was pretty nice to watch.
Pretty sad ending though.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-01-13, 15:31   Link #126
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
makes ya wonder if her soul was divided and some of it ended up in shu.
I think so.When Shu has used for the first time the void genome or better the void Genome reacted to him merging with him shu have several flashbacks, and in the end everything became silent (if I remember correctly) and he saw Mana and hear her voice saying * ...guilty...crown.. power* or something like that.After this, when Shu open his eyes were red like those of Mana.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:37   Link #127
Xeones

I think both of those events are related more with the Mana-Virus connection than her soul being slipted and ending up with Shu. Especially because it's implied that the Void Genome is derived from the Apocalypse Virus...

If a part os her soul did pass on to someone else, my money is on Inori.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:43   Link #128
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
I think both of those events are related more with the Mana-Virus connection than her soul being slipted and ending up with Shu. Especially because it's implied that the Void Genome is derived from the Apocalypse Virus...

If a part os her soul did pass on to someone else, my money is on Inori.
Inori = the part of Mana that was human

Remnants of Mana = the part of Mana that was an "alien brood queen" desperate to find a mate and repopulate the Earth with alien-human hybrid xenomorphs.

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-01-13 at 15:59.
Old 2012-01-13, 16:21   Link #129
Windows X

I thought it'd be something like these...

Past:
-Typical cliche good-natured mad scientist trying to raise lab rat to be proper human.
-mad scientists/soldiers trying to subdue them in past
-Gai got hurt and Mana power's awaken to protect Shu with godlike virus power
-Shu peed and called Mana monster activating lost christmas
-Gai felt his powerless trying to getting stronger (Yeah being hurt by badass sounds a lot more reasonable than yandere girl)

Present:
-Shu reflected on his guilt and try to reconcile with Mana or something
-Typical cliche Mana's wrath pwning on party and Shu somehow put some sense back into Mana then Mana's feeling guilt went out of control end up trying to self-destruct.
-Gai trying to protect Mana and somehow ended up leaving the stage together
-If it's 12 episodes version, Shu somehow learn his lesson from killing his friend's brother and use king's power to miraculously bring Gai/Mana back from harm yeah....GARRR Shu at the end would be nice for this ending.

And here's what I got? Shu got sadist yandere sister calling her monster out of the blue without asking a word. Worst of all is best friend Gai somehow asking for suicidal pair wish and never once calling Mana even he just killed her along with Gai. Didn't they say to bring Mana's heart back? At this rate, I prefer old-school setting with good presentation rather than this train wreck plot.
Old 2012-01-13, 16:34   Link #130
HelpeRX

Re

Are you kidding me gai definitely did not stick to the bro before hoe thing.... Remember when that girls dad asked gai why he was doing all this hes answer was so I can hold a girl in my hands huh...... episode 12 was just that, hes like yes now its time and guys what he finally got his wish..... He definitely would do anything for her being that he took the gun and shot the star of a Christmas in a church for her isnt enough proof bro/> Also why the hell did gai want the void but shu got it instead wy do you think he wanted to be like shu because if he did then maybe mana would like him too....... why did he have to leave and become stronger by himself...
Old 2012-01-13, 16:43   Link #131
Manic
real men love pink

yeah gai certainly wasnt a saint, and explains why gai never did much to help shu. Tho i do believe he wanted to save mana, but u know some of the reason for it was hoping that she would come to love him instead.
Old 2012-01-13, 16:53   Link #132
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
yeah gai certainly wasnt a saint, and explains why gai never did much to help shu. Tho i do believe he wanted to save mana, but u know some of the reason for it was hoping that she would come to love him instead.
Yeah...I mean ,look what he said at the end of the ep..Gai *Mana....I finally reach you*.
Old 2012-01-13, 16:53   Link #133
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpeRX View Post
Are you kidding me gai definitely did not stick to the bro before hoe thing.... Remember when that girls dad asked gai why he was doing all this hes answer was so I can hold a girl in my hands huh...... episode 12 was just that, hes like yes now its time and guys what he finally got his wish..... He definitely would do anything for her being that he took the gun and shot the star of a Christmas in a church for her isnt enough proof bro/> Also why the hell did gai want the void but shu got it instead wy do you think he wanted to be like shu because if he did then maybe mana would like him too....... why did he have to leave and become stronger by himself...
Gai had a crush on Mana but he was bro tight with Shu... Naruto and Sasuke like. Bros won out over hoes.

- took a sword for Shu
- tried to kill Mana
- chose to save Shu over Mana and Inori.
- was going to snitch to Shu about Mana
- he wasn't trying to become Adam, he was actually trying to save the world... stop Keido's ambitions
- we don't know which girl he wanted to hold in his arms, he never specifically said.
- he shot the star under duress. The girl that tied him up told him to cock the gun and shoot. She was bigger and older than him. He had just been caught trying to snitch. He was also a wimpy kid, not brave like Shu.

He was "bros before hoes."
Old 2012-01-13, 17:01   Link #134
HelpeRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Gai had a crush on Mana but he was bro tight with Shu... Naruto and Sasuke like. Bros won out over hoes.

- took a sword for Shu
- tried to kill Mana
- chose to save Shu over Mana and Inori.
- was going to snitch to Shu about Mana
- he wasn't trying to become Adam, he was actually trying to save the world... stop Keido's ambitions
- we don't know which girl he wanted to hold in his arms, he never specifically said.
- he shot the star under duress. The girl that tied him up told him to cock the gun and shoot. She was bigger and older than him. He had just been caught trying to snitch. He was also a wimpy kid, not brave like Shu.

He was "bros before hoes."
took a sword for shu well because if shu died he culdnt follow after him and gai would not be able to do what he intended.

tried to kill mana- no he died with mana thats what he wanted he got it he wanted to hold her he could of just left

Chose to save shu over mana and inori - what are you talking about tahts why he was okay with shu not helping but inori still came?

was going to snitch first of you have no idea what he was going to say to shu he could of called him to say that i love her. Didnt mana say that he sees her with adult eyes

also when given the gun why didnt he shoot mana instead huh? or at least injury her
Old 2012-01-13, 17:04   Link #135
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
took a sword for shu well because if shu died he culdnt follow after him and gai would not be able to do what he intended.

tried to kill mana- no he died with mana thats what he wanted he got it he wanted to hold her he could of just left

Chose to save shu over mana and inori - what are you talking about tahts why he was okay with shu not helping but inori still came?

was going to snitch first of you have no idea what he was going to say to shu he could of called him to say that i love her. Didnt mana say that he sees her with adult eyes

also when given the gun why didnt he shoot mana instead huh? or at least injury her
Gai said he called Shu to church to tell him about Mana's "scary side." He found out that she was going crazy because of the rock.

Gai didn't anticipate Daath entering the field of play and he lunged to protect Shu impulsively. He knew he was sick and he knew Shu was going to get his skull split in half.

He remained conscious after getting his void pulled, out of sheer willpower. In order to stop the ceremony and end Keido's object of obsession, he was going to kill Mana by turning his weapon on that crystal that contained her remains. He got shanked by a dozen tentacles instead. In the end, the reward for his selfless act was getting to hug Mana, the friend he couldn't save... he sort of got what he wanted but not like he envisioned it. I don't think he planned on dying like that. This was his last ditch effort to save the day. Mana's core was protected by tentacles, it's likely he was going for the point blank kill shot. The animators were going from the dramatic effect...Shu stabbing through his friend to kill the monster.

And adult eyes = lust.

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-01-13 at 17:19.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:05   Link #136
HelpeRX

Quote:
Gai said he called Shu to church to tell him about Mana's "scary side." He found out that she was going crazy because of the rock.
okay thats true but still what about my other points also why did gai leave and go off by himself....... by him shooting that gun symbolizes that he would DO ANYTHING FOR HER. even dodge a bullet for her and in the end...

Quote:

Gai didn't anticipate Daath entering the field of play and he lunged to protect Shu impulsively. He knew he was sick and he knew Shu was going to get his skull split in half.

He remained conscious after getting his void pulled, out of sheer willpower. In order to stop the ceremony and end Keido's object of obsession, he was going to kill Mana by turning his weapon on that crystal that contained her remains. He got shanked by a dozen tentacles instead. In the end, the reward for his selfless act was getting to hug Mana, the friend he couldn't save... he sort of got what he wanted but not like he envisioned it. I don't think he planned on dying like that. This was his last ditch effort to save the day. Mana's core was protected by tentacles, it's likely he was going for the point blank kill shot. The animators were going from the dramatic effect...Shu stabbing through his friend to kill the monster.

And adult eyes = lust.
It was not sheer will why did he have to hold his hand shus when pulling the void that was the reason not will. Also when the gun back fireded and mana said I love you he had a glimmer of hope... Lol this reminds me of geneva and advent chidren.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-01-13 at 17:33.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:30   Link #137
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
okay thats true but still what about my other points also why did gai leave and go off by himself....... by him shooting that gun symbolizes that he would DO ANYTHING FOR HER. even dodge a bullet for her and in the end...
He shot the gun because he was weak. He shot the gun because he was told to. The whole point to his Gai persona was becoming like Shu, becoming capable of saying no, becoming defiant. Gai defied the government, defied those more powerful than him, Gai defied everyone.... he was the rebel leader.

Gai(back when he was known as Triton) shot the gun because he wussed out, did as he was told.

Shu stuck by his friend, Gai. He rejected that girl that tried to kill his friend, called her a monster. He defied her.

Shu saved Gai that time. Ever since Shu "saved" him and defied Mana, Gai was trying to become "strong" like Shu. Gai said it himself... he admired the confidence, bravery.

Quote:
It was not sheer will why did he have to hold his hand shus when pulling the void that was the reason not will. Also when the gun back fireded and mana said I love you he had a glimmer of hope... Lol this reminds me of geneva and advent chidren.
Exactly, he was too trusting. He couldn't say no. He got taken advantage of. He told her he loved her because what she did was messed up. He never wished her malice, why would she do something like this? "But we're friends. How could you? I would never hurt you..." A gun had just blown up in his face and he was bleeding. He was likely going to get his skull curb stomped.

Is the Gai thing a plot hole? I know that staying in contact with a person doesn't mean they stay conscious. He's been holding Inori while he's drawn her void, only for her to pass out as soon as the void started coming out.

Gai didn't even flinch.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:39   Link #138
Soji

Quote:
Exactly, he was too trusting. He couldn't say no. He got taken advantage of. He told her he loved her because what she did was messed up. He never wished her malice, why would she do something like this? "But we're friends. How could you? I would never hurt you..." A gun had just blown up in his face and he was bleeding. He was likely going to get his skull curb stomped.

Is the Gai thing a plot hole? I know that staying in contact with a person doesn't mean they stay conscious. He's been holding Inori while he's drawn her void, only for her to pass out as soon as the void started coming out.

Gai didn't even flinch.
Yeah ,But Gai said to Shu" I'm sure you can do now .The way you are now" or something like that.Meaning that the credit goes to the new king-mode.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:42   Link #139
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Yeah ,But Gai said to Shu" I'm sure you can do now .The way you are now" or something like that.Meaning that the credit goes to the new king-mode.
Probably. I guess he could have gotten more powerful. It was unusual.... Gai didn't flinch... everyone else moaned, groaned, rolled their eyes back.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:48   Link #140
Soji

I think that the new king mode give to him , the ability to eliminate Ill Will like those of Mana and extrac the void without that the person passes out (if he holding the hand of that person while draw out the void of that person).
Closed Thread