AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 00:03   Link #2181
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not often enough. I had to spend too much time trying to find a way to keep my foolish players from killing themselves before I could tall a story. (remind them never to shootout the airlock with laser cannons before you try to just fix the jammed door).
Old 2012-02-15, 00:09   Link #2182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds like they'd been better off with "Kobolds Ate My Baby" .... PC lifespans are measured in minutes.
Old 2012-02-15, 08:26   Link #2183
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Has anyone tried messing around with the Creation Kit? I just got it off Steam the other day, and was trying to experiment with toughening up Alduin and some of the latter dragons (ancient and elders in particular). For Alduin himself, I gave him 80 damage resistance (not really sure if it's a percentile, or a flat damage reduction), plus 50 fire/frost/lightning/poison resists, increased his melee damage (crUnarmedDamage 05 gives a +175 bump to damage, but I made it +300 instead) and added a few Shouts (Dragon Disarm, Dragon Unrelenting, and a modified Dragon Stormcall). Then I bumped his HP to 13500, and increased his Stamina and Magicka accordingly. To test things out, I spawned him in Riften, since the town for some reason has a LOT of guards.

The end result? While the fight certainly lasted longer, throw enough arrows at Alduin, and he eventually has to land, where he's eventually done in by scratch damage by 15+ town guards (yeah, Riften is weird).

So, I wondered what else could be done. Then I noticed that Shadowmere had a specific enchant to him (Fortify Heal Rate 4 and Fortify Heal Rate Combat 4), so I figured I'd try it out. The end result pretty much made ANY dragon invulnerable in combat, as because of Fortify Heal Rate Combat 4, they outheal any damage dealt to them. Even my level 81 Dovahkin with 100 One-Handed and associated perks, plus a 300+ damage sword, could barely scratch the darned things.

After that experiment, I tried adjusting the Combat Heal Rate values, and found that even at level 1, it made dragon encounters hilariously difficult. My guess is that it heals a specific percent PER HIT based on the max HP of the dragon in question. In Alduin's case, since the end HP he ended up with in my little test was around 13500, even setting the Heal Rate at .15 (yes, not a whole number anymore) STILL had Alduin out-healing my damage.

For Elders, giving them a .50 Combat Heal Rate pretty much means that, barring Dragonrend, you'll NEVER do enough damage to get a dragon to land.
Old 2012-02-15, 11:10   Link #2184
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Has anyone tried messing around with the Creation Kit? I just got it off Steam the other day, and was trying to experiment with toughening up Alduin and some of the latter dragons (ancient and elders in particular). For Alduin himself, I gave him 80 damage resistance (not really sure if it's a percentile, or a flat damage reduction), plus 50 fire/frost/lightning/poison resists, increased his melee damage (crUnarmedDamage 05 gives a +175 bump to damage, but I made it +300 instead) and added a few Shouts (Dragon Disarm, Dragon Unrelenting, and a modified Dragon Stormcall). Then I bumped his HP to 13500, and increased his Stamina and Magicka accordingly. To test things out, I spawned him in Riften, since the town for some reason has a LOT of guards.

The end result? While the fight certainly lasted longer, throw enough arrows at Alduin, and he eventually has to land, where he's eventually done in by scratch damage by 15+ town guards (yeah, Riften is weird).

So, I wondered what else could be done. Then I noticed that Shadowmere had a specific enchant to him (Fortify Heal Rate 4 and Fortify Heal Rate Combat 4), so I figured I'd try it out. The end result pretty much made ANY dragon invulnerable in combat, as because of Fortify Heal Rate Combat 4, they outheal any damage dealt to them. Even my level 81 Dovahkin with 100 One-Handed and associated perks, plus a 300+ damage sword, could barely scratch the darned things.

After that experiment, I tried adjusting the Combat Heal Rate values, and found that even at level 1, it made dragon encounters hilariously difficult. My guess is that it heals a specific percent PER HIT based on the max HP of the dragon in question. In Alduin's case, since the end HP he ended up with in my little test was around 13500, even setting the Heal Rate at .15 (yes, not a whole number anymore) STILL had Alduin out-healing my damage.

For Elders, giving them a .50 Combat Heal Rate pretty much means that, barring Dragonrend, you'll NEVER do enough damage to get a dragon to land.
well i've created a adult saber(using The companions Wolf Armor as replacement for her armor) for my roleplay idea about Arthas Redemption(thank god that bethesda at least created video tutorials about the CK), she's replacing saadia in whiterun after the bitch tried to manipulate him saying that she isn't a betrayer.

if arthas is the Evil Arthur, so Saber will her role as the good Good Arthur, trying to redeem him during his journey(maybe she played a Dimensional version of WC3FT or read the Arthas book during her time in shiro's house), and at the same know why they are in Nirn instead of their own worlds.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 11:44   Link #2185
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
well i've created a adult saber
Are there any tools to make her look like she does in the series yet, rather than 40-50 years old? Given that she's not supposed to age and all...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 11:44   Link #2186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright need help. How do I create a mod that allows :

1. Stacking of objects in inventory
2. Embedding of objects on surfaces
3. The objects equipped to be thrown?

I am thinking of making a throwing knife mod.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 12:24   Link #2187
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Are there any tools to make her look like she does in the series yet, rather than 40-50 years old? Given that she's not supposed to age and all...
well i've used a breton girl + ENvision face mods
Old 2012-02-15, 20:45   Link #2188
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I really haven't had a specific use for the creation kit yet, though I may automate some of my follower mods "hey you! come with me on adventure and sticky death!"

My dark elf assassin lass decided to grab Olfina Battle-born "we're just as good as men, r-e-s-p-e-c-t" and take her on a joy ride into dark places. I toned down her marksman so she'd prefer knife work and an off-hand heal spell (haven't researched out how to get her to heal *me* yet though). She's actually working out better than Camilla (with my Nord warrior) who tends to drag her feet when we're hiking and fall behind or get distracted.

It will be interesting to see where she goes when I "part ways" with her (house in Whiterun?, back to roaming Whiterun?, back to Solitude home where housemate Ysolda and the Lydia/Jordis comedy team hang out?)

Somewhere there's a Khajit rogue male, that might be a fun change of pace for a field partner.
Old 2012-02-15, 22:04   Link #2189
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Really, all I am waiting for is a mod that gives me greater control over my follower. It still confuses me that even though Lydia would do anything I told her to according to the lore, I couldn't control her equipment. I mean, I understand that temp Mercs and friend characters might be unwilling to have someone dictate what they wear, but a Housecarl really should not have that kind of disobedient streak.

Sometime I wonder if too much AI is a bad thing. I am still shopping around the Nexus for a mod I like. I know there are several, I am just not ready to commit yet.
Old 2012-02-15, 22:17   Link #2190
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Really, all I am waiting for is a mod that gives me greater control over my follower. It still confuses me that even though Lydia would do anything I told her to according to the lore, I couldn't control her equipment. I mean, I understand that temp Mercs and friend characters might be unwilling to have someone dictate what they wear, but a Housecarl really should not have that kind of disobedient streak.

Sometime I wonder if too much AI is a bad thing. I am still shopping around the Nexus for a mod I like. I know there are several, I am just not ready to commit yet.
Yeah... there's probably a dozen mods on Nexus that correct that little nonsense and let you dress your follower. Its still pretty tricky getting them to, say, dual-wield vs sword/board ... or using their magical pocket bow when you're trying to get them to not use bows at all.

I probably have too many mods at the moment, I need to do an inventory and get rid of the overlapping ones.
Old 2012-02-15, 23:01   Link #2191
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah... there's probably a dozen mods on Nexus that correct that little nonsense and let you dress your follower. Its still pretty tricky getting them to, say, dual-wield vs sword/board ... or using their magical pocket bow when you're trying to get them to not use bows at all.

I probably have too many mods at the moment, I need to do an inventory and get rid of the overlapping ones.
I guess I am just waiting until everyone started using the creation kit, and we find out which mods have the greatest support. Nothing is worse than getting used to a mod until you realised that it isn't being supported and that other mods aren't compatible with it.

I mean, I haven't even committed to a body replacer yet. I don't actually want to play my character nude, I just need to know they are nude under the clothes.
But the biggest deal with body replacers is compatible equipment. I need mods to be matching each other, no clipping or anything.
Old 2012-02-15, 23:22   Link #2192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I guess I am just waiting until everyone started using the creation kit, and we find out which mods have the greatest support. Nothing is worse than getting used to a mod until you realised that it isn't being supported and that other mods aren't compatible with it.

I mean, I haven't even committed to a body replacer yet. I don't actually want to play my character nude, I just need to know they are nude under the clothes.
But the biggest deal with body replacers is compatible equipment. I need mods to be matching each other, no clipping or anything.
Yeah, I got attached to the CBBE Slim mod (as in they're not examples of Anatomy Fail 101) but.... there's almost no armor or clothes for that mod, so I bailed to the regular CBBE and just set the sliders to minimum. So far most of the gear mods seem to be using that (though the UNP body mod seems to be getting some attention lately).

You can get some eyeburning results with mismatched armor and body types.

================================================== =================
edit: on a separate note.. my femme dark elf assassin is now an "Agent of Dibella" (reward for a questline serving the goddess of sexy fun). I figured it would be a bump to Speechcraft but no... she now gets a significant bump in "combat against the opposite sex". I wonder if that includes animals, supernaturals, and dragons? (rofl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the wiki
Grants 10% more combat damage to members of the opposite sex. This can be incredibly useful on a female character, as most of the enemies in this game seem to be male.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-16 at 15:55.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:23   Link #2193
DuoRanger
Banned

Well here's my Arthas and Arturia(lvl 30)

Arthas based on FT artwork, and saber from a old 3d image what i've saw on deviantart(it sucks that there's no saber's armor yet, just the texture replacement + crafting using the Ebony Armor)
http://i.imgur.com/Kw1YH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8oktk.jpg

idk what chain quest is better for the Crown of Damnation and Frostmoune(arthas), and for Excalibur and Caliburn
Old 2012-02-16, 18:39   Link #2194
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
edit: on a separate note.. my femme dark elf assassin is now an "Agent of Dibella" (reward for a questline serving the goddess of sexy fun). I figured it would be a bump to Speechcraft but no... she now gets a significant bump in "combat against the opposite sex". I wonder if that includes animals, supernaturals, and dragons? (rofl)
To be the agent of Dibella AND to be the agent of Mara is the way to go. Dibella gives you more damage, Mara gets you free magic defence. Sex and romance just goes together.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:33   Link #2195
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not often enough. I had to spend too much time trying to find a way to keep my foolish players from killing themselves before I could tall a story. (remind them never to shootout the airlock with laser cannons before you try to just fix the jammed door).
Go play Paranoia, the presense of clones makes player death a fun part of the game rather than a campaign-killer.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 03:36   Link #2196
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was busy with Star Wars (same company though).

It turns out you have to be the GM (even if you have no experiance) if you have all the books.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:43   Link #2197
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The unwritten roleplaying rules. Yay.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 19:10   Link #2198
DuoRanger
Banned

Saber's armor

finally!
Old 2012-02-18, 19:21   Link #2199
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Give a Western otaku a mod kit, and he brings anime into the lives of his fellow otaku.

Considering they spend most of their lives in the cyberworld everyday, anime is brought into life.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 19:24   Link #2200
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
Saber's armor

finally!
Nice structurally.... the blue color seems a bit too light when I compare it to pics of Saber (even the mod creator's own avatar shows a darker shade of blue). I think I've seen another one or two that use existing gear elements to create the flavor of Saber without breaking world-immersion much.
Here's one: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7135

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim