AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 10:42   Link #1181
Soji

XFire @ And that's why he need Restia as well.(other that he want her back.) after all i'm sure that she will be nerfed as well.
Quote:
Also, never expected the MC to be the most attractive character in the series. WTH?
It's scary if you think about this. And more that WTH i think we need to say WTF here
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:32   Link #1182
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Nice cover! Holy smokes.

I'd say... I'd hit that... if I didn't know better lol

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:22   Link #1183
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Any news that Restia still alive?

I hope she become Kamito's spirit again. So Kamito become dual-wielder and completed his tehnique.

The 16 continues hit in instant(like "Black wing" in Ubel Balt) that Kamito learn from Greyworth and defeat "Ren Arsdoll" was actually Dual-Wielder Technique. But, he force himself to perform the techhique with single-wielder and his body take to much burden.

If he perform the technique with Est and Restia, how much the destruction is?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:25   Link #1184
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Any news that Restia still alive?

I hope she become Kamito's spirit again. So Kamito become dual-wielder and completed his tehnique.

The 16 continues hit in instant(like "Black wing" in Ubel Balt) that Kamito learn from Greyworth and defeat "Ren Arsdoll" was actually Dual-Wielder Technique. But, he force himself to perform the techhique with single-wielder and his body take to much burden.

If he perform the technique with Est and Restia, how much the destruction is?
by the title and cover the chance are high that vol 7 will be probably a flashback of kamito 3 years ago so i doubt there will be info about the "current" state of restia
Old 2012-05-03, 13:32   Link #1185
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
by the title and cover the chance are high that vol 7 will be probably a flashback of kamito 3 years ago so i doubt there will be info about the "current" state of restia
That's true but we are also just speculating with the given info...I wonder if there is a synopsis with tht cover???
Old 2012-05-03, 13:34   Link #1186
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
so its a flashback..

Is flashbacks the new "in" thing for japanese LN's?
almost every novel im reading has a flash back.

Campione
SAO

I guess the author wanted to start out with a bang... realized that bang made a lot of people confused, and now he has to fill in the gaps b4 he finishes?
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:34   Link #1187
Soji

Richocet@ But we still not sure if the whole vol will be flash back. Maybe we find out something about her current state as well. still i will fine even with a full flash back vol,like i say i'm really curios about Kamito and Restia relationship and past.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:42   Link #1188
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Richocet@ But we still not sure if the whole vol will be flash back. Maybe we find out something about her current state as well. still i will fine even with a full flash back vol,like i say i'm really curios about Kamito and Restia relationship and past.
Tht's what I said that we need more info before we can speculate on this, bt tht cover does give the idea of a flashback scene or maybe thy just wanted to give a colored ren cover
Old 2012-05-03, 13:43   Link #1189
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I seriously doubt this is going to be a flash back book.

It would derail the whole story. We're in the middle of a tournament here!

Basically volume 5 and 6 have advanced the tournament while having a fairly important subplot, i.e. volume 5 they started the tourney and had to recover Est along the way. Volume 6 they advanced the tournament while dealing with Restia and Nepentus Roa and Mira. Volume 7 I'm more than willing to be they will follow the pattern, advance the tournament and have Kamito deal with faker Ren Ashbell.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:53   Link #1190
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Volume 7 I'm more than willing to be they will follow the pattern, advance the tournament and have Kamito deal with faker Ren Ashbell.
The other way to look at this is to see Kamito 3 years ago in his prime (vol 7) and then switch back to the present timeline where has re-accesses his original powers for the upcoming opponents (vol 8). This way, the gradual power increase we've seen from vol 1-6 continues while we get to see a back story after Restia's disappearance.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:07   Link #1191
Soji

whsie@ No to mention that maybe the author set up her come back as well. So he need to show us Restia and Kamito past more that what we already know from vol 6?(people say that vol 6 give us all the info we need or something like this).
Old 2012-05-03, 14:12   Link #1192
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
whsie@ No to mention that maybe the author set up her come back as well. So he need to show us Restia and Kamito past more that what we already know from vol 6?(people say that vol 6 give us all the info we need or something like this).
While i didn't read volume 6 in detail because I never had the time, but from my brief skim, it certainly doesn't tell us everything we need to know. We merely know what happened at the end of the tournament 3 years ago when Restia told Kamito her wish (revealed at the VERY end of the volume). Before the end of the volume, most of Kamito's memory was still missing.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:14   Link #1193
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
While i didn't read volume 6 in detail because I never had the time, but from my brief skim, it certainly doesn't tell us everything we need to know. We merely know what happened at the end of the tournament 3 years ago when Restia told Kamito her wish (revealed at the VERY end of the volume). Before the end of the volume, most of Kamito's memory was still missing.
So kamito also doesn't hv his complete memories?? I thought it was only restia??
Old 2012-05-03, 14:28   Link #1194
Soji

whsie@ Ok thanks for the clarification now i even more curios about their past.

Richocet @ Same here. I wonder if he gain all his memory back if he know something that can help him to gain Restia back even after the event of vol 6.(at least from what little we know).
Old 2012-05-03, 14:34   Link #1195
whsie

On second thought, I might be wrong. Kamito might have his memories, but the more specific issue for the readers is that WE the readers don't know what happened. I think I might have mixed up the reader's lack of knowledge with Kamito's memory.

When the others say that we know everything we need to know, they might be referring to Restia's desire and what the "goal" is.
Old 2012-05-03, 15:21   Link #1196
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer

Spoiler for V7 cover:

Xfire's right.... when Kamito's crossdressed he somehow becomes the most beautiful character in the LN

I find it nice for v7 to be a flashback, a lot of questions will be answered and we'll get to see Kamito's original
state plus the specifics on his relationship with Restia
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:24   Link #1197
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

.... The rise of the trap.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:33   Link #1198
whsie

that's one of the best laid trap ever. I could show this to ten guys who have never read this novel and all ten of them would say that's a girl.
Old 2012-05-03, 15:34   Link #1199
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impassive Harlequin View Post
Spoiler for V7 cover:

Xfire's right.... when Kamito's crossdressed he somehow becomes the most beautiful character in the LN

I find it nice for v7 to be a flashback, a lot of questions will be answered and we'll get to see Kamito's original
state plus the specifics on his relationship with Restia
I wouldn't put out that much hope into it, since we don't really know if it will be a flashback cuz we are still in the middle of the tournament
Old 2012-05-03, 15:37   Link #1200
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
that's one of the best laid trap ever. I could show this to ten guys who have never read this novel and all ten of them would say that's a girl.
ahahahahahahahahahaha...

and i can show 10 people a picture of mili-tan and u'd get 10 different answers ranging from hentai -> demon cat troll with godly senjitsu.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap