AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 05:52   Link #1
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2

As a fan of the classic castlevania games and a huge fan of the rebooted timeline, lords of shadow, i'm very excited at this game and hugely anticipating it. Lords of shadow is one of my favorite game this generation and i hope this sequel won't disappoint.

Note: There's also an upcoming castlevania game which is Castlevania lords of shadow: Mirror of fate.It's the direct sequel to lords of shadow and lords of shadow 2 is it's sequel.Old fans will be delighted that Simon belmont,Trevor belmont and Alucard will return.

Official site: http://www.konami-castlevania.com/
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 12:55   Link #2
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm also a huge Castlevania fan. Can't wait for this game to come out as it's also one of my most anticipated games next year.

According to producer Dave Cox, the premise of this game is that you're playing as Dracula (Gabriel) and throughout the course of the story you have to gradually get back his powers. The reason for this is that he's just been resurrected and is weakened. Of course, this means that at some point between Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadow 2, Dracula gets killed at least once. We know for sure that in this continuity, Trevor fails to kill Dracula because he never returns home. That being said, it's likely that either Simon or Alucard will prevail against Dracula.

I have a feeling that Lords of Shadow 2 trailer is the aftermath to Mirror of Fate, and that the game itself will actually take place after the epilogue of Lords of Shadow 1 in modern day.
Old 2012-08-17, 19:16   Link #3
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Indeed and glad to see another castlevania fan here
It says it will be an open-world game that is why the game will also coming in PC.

What i really want to know is since alucard will probably gonna be dracula's son in this rebooted timeline, does that mean trevor failed just like what you have said?
In the trailer, there are two tombs.One is said to be confirmed marie while the other one is unknown.It could be the other wife of dracula.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2012-08-17 at 19:31.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:46   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

One thing that I want to know is why Alucard has white hair. Maybe it could be because he refuses to feed on humans whereas Dracula still maintains his youthful appearance by feeding on humans. But then again, Alucard's face looks very young, so......
Old 2012-08-18, 01:10   Link #5
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Color hairs are pretty common in anime and anime themes has pretty much been the theme of past castlevania games.I can understand how simon has redhair since redheads do exist.
About alucard,its whether he refuses to feed on humans just like you said but it seems he is still strong enough to defeat the lord of darkness and the god of time(galamoth).

Last edited by Vladrave; 2012-08-18 at 01:36.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:28   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Only the Nintendo DS games had an anime vibe to them; the rest had a more realistic appeal.

Some people are also theorizing that Trevor becomes Alucard in this continuity.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:11   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Pretty excited for this, although I have to say that I am surprised they're making a second Lords of Shadow. The prequel was good, no doubt, but I really felt like it hit the limit of what you can do for Castlevania...guess I'll have to wait and find out
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 17:53   Link #8
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Pretty excited for this, although I have to say that I am surprised they're making a second Lords of Shadow. The prequel was good, no doubt, but I really felt like it hit the limit of what you can do for Castlevania...guess I'll have to wait and find out
Certainly.Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2 will be an Open-world action game and also the conclusion of the lords of shadow saga.After that,it's up to konami to give castlevania to another developer or just do it themselves....Just keep IGA away because he always creates a mess.
Old 2012-08-19, 01:30   Link #9
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Seeing as how this game will presumably take place in modern day, it's plausible that mercury steam may want to somewhat tie in this timeline with the battle of 1999 that Iga has been planning to do for such a long time. This game will wrap up the Lords of Shadow saga, and with that I can see Gabriel being permanently vanquished in the end. By who, might you ask? The final boss: Julius Belmont. Thoughts on this idea/theory?
Old 2012-08-19, 01:43   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quite plausible, but if you're playing as Gabriel, wouldn't that result in a game over?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 02:34   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Quite plausible, but if you're playing as Gabriel, wouldn't that result in a game over?
I'm envisioning Gabriel's death in the ending after fighting Julius Belmont. Dave Cox, the producer, said that Dracula will end up being a sympathetic/tragic character. But yes, technically, the result would be a game over (for the Lords of Shadow saga, that is) .
Old 2012-08-19, 06:03   Link #12
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I'm pretty sure that in the modern world, the belmont that will remain is julius.The battle in 1999 was never had it's own game i believe. But damn, Gabriel's/Dracula's death? That is gonna be probably one of the most emotional death of a character, for me at least. Now after the end of lords of shadow saga, what will be next? Is Soma cruz will be the next protagonist and will also feature a trilogy for him? Or it will be alucard and the other belmonts(Richter and Juste)

Just came out recently:

Last edited by Vladrave; 2012-08-19 at 06:25.
Old 2012-08-19, 11:44   Link #13
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Thanks for sharing. It's understandable how they didn't want to elaborate any further on Alucard and his role in the story because there would definitely be spoilers.

I wonder if we'll see Death (Zobek) in Mirror of Fate?
Old 2012-08-19, 19:30   Link #14
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

That's the thing.Maybe zobek is that old man in the beginning trailer of Mirror of fate.
Old 2012-11-02, 02:34   Link #15
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Old 2012-12-10, 13:43   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Here's the latest trailer for Lords of Shadow 2 shown at VGA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYyh-XuiHVQ

Looks like we're going to be playing through different time periods in this one. We'll probably play through some of Dracula's past when he was all-powerful, and then we'll play through the present/modern time where he's just awoke from his sleep and needs to recover his powers/strength.
Old 2012-12-10, 13:52   Link #17
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Its quite a twist. Mirror of Fate takes between LoS and LoS 2.
Spoiler for Characters you might play:

And then you play as Dracula, awesome stuff. Did not got excited to play a Bad guy since Bayonetta.
Old 2012-12-10, 14:21   Link #18
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Yeah, it's been confirmed that the 4 characters we'll be playing as in Mirror of Fate are:

1) Trevor
2) Simon
3) Alucard
4) Gabriel (Dracula)

In this continuity, Trevor fails to beat Dracula. So that means Dracula probably gets beaten by either Simon or Alucard (or perhaps both).

In the modern time, where Dracula has just been resurrected and is in his weakened state, he'll probably have to contend with another Belmont (I theorize this Belmont is going to be Julius).
Old 2012-12-10, 16:25   Link #19
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

The trailer is okay but too short. We need more of a gameplay since most of in that trailer is either in-game cutscene.
Here's the youtube version:
Old 2012-12-10, 16:31   Link #20
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
The trailer is okay but too short. We need more of a gameplay since most of in that trailer is either in-game cutscene.
True, but atleast we can expect what you will do in the game:
You can suck blood (to get hp or powers perhaps)
You wield an awesome shiny greatsword (and the whip)
You will not only fight knights from the brotherhood but also angels and demons.

Well sh!t's bout to get real!