AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 11:42   Link #1581
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I really seem to have an affinity with Churchill-type tanks. Just got myself the Black Prince due to them being on sale this Heavy Destruction Weekend. These were within my first 6 matches:

Medals everywhere

That said, it seems that every play session with WoT ends up like this: I play extremely well the first handful of matches, then my performance drops the more matches I play afterwards

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:58   Link #1582
Sumeragi
Banned

T57 Heavy Tank Kill Battle:

Could have done better, I suppose.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 12:13   Link #1583
willx
Nyaaan~~

More than the T57 kill, I'm liking what looks like big damage output on the M46.

Now, getting back to the autoloaders, I saw a T57 beat the utter crap out of an E-100. It was quite shocking. Popped out of cover, ate the E-100's first shot and managed 4 return shots in response. Last shot tracked the E-100 while he began reloading and retreating deeper into cover.
Old 2013-01-11, 13:15   Link #1584
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LoweGear: So SO true. I had a heck of a run yesterday (which brought my win % up to around 50% for both my Tiger and my Panther), which was followed by an extreme set of bad matches and losses which dropped both of their percentages down to 48%

Oh, and I actually have the KV-1S all researched and ready to go, up to the big gun, but I'm loathe to get it until I gain another slot in the garage.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-01-11 at 13:57.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 14:03   Link #1585
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

6 straight losses right after I got the T29....I don't even know what I am doing wrong. Everyone just dies before I could do anything.
Old 2013-01-11, 14:11   Link #1586
Blaat

The problem with the T29 is that I can die pretty darn fast thanks to the low body armour. :\

Anyway brag shot time:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Shame you can't see my money (33.5k) amount and that it was first of the day (3400 research points )
Old 2013-01-11, 14:20   Link #1587
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
6 straight losses right after I got the T29....I don't even know what I am doing wrong. Everyone just dies before I could do anything.
That problem has been plaguing me a lot lately. I'm doing what I can, but it doesn't really help when you're on team after team that melts away like an ice cube on a frying pan 2 minutes into the battle.

Endless "..." Soul
Old 2013-01-11, 14:28   Link #1588
Awrya
U mad?

Loneliest game today.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2013-01-11, 14:42   Link #1589
Blaat

Awrya is so ronery.
Old 2013-01-11, 15:03   Link #1590
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Loneliest game today.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2013-01-11, 15:05   Link #1591
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Lolz. That's the first.

I just got 3 continuous win with the T29 right after upgrading the track. I didn't realize how much improvement just with the track upgrading alone. The stock T29 is way too sluggish, but now at least I can hold my own from other medium tanks.
Old 2013-01-11, 15:06   Link #1592
Traece
:cool:

I has Black Prince now! Today is good day! Now if I could just figure out why the Black Prince is more prone to gun damage than the Churchill is prone to track damage...

I also did a beautiful run in a Matilda, tanking the enemy team like a boss.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-01-11 at 15:45.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 16:06   Link #1593
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Fended off a facehugging T-54 with my JgdPzIV just now. Guess seeing a poor pitiful defenseless turretless tank destroyer made him greedy and careless, ignoring my friends around me. ~whew!~
Old 2013-01-11, 16:21   Link #1594
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The Cromwell, starting the get the hang of it.

I've found that its best just to hold back at the start and follow the heavies until you see how the enemies are positioned and then hit the flank while your team have their attention.

Also only 6k away from researching the chaffee although I'm unlikely to actually use it until I deck it out with a few modules.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 16:31   Link #1595
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The Cromwell, starting the get the hang of it.

I've found that its best just to hold back at the start and follow the heavies until you see how the enemies are positioned and then hit the flank while your team have their attention.
Exactly! You also get to practice your "circle of death" when you manage to sneak up on a KV-1 or any other heavy. Kimi is the master with an almost preternatural sense of when someone is going to shoot at him. He's an annoying bugger to shoot having been on the other side of his Crusader a few times..

One other thing that the Cromwell is great at is counter-scouting. While you're "sitting back at the beginning" do a bit of defending of the arty or weave around the "front line" of your offensive. I had a great battle where I saw two T-50s try to sneak a flank to go after the arties .. I managed to track one and ram the other into oblivion. 64 kph medium tank .. is FAST!
Old 2013-01-11, 16:48   Link #1596
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

In that particular game I took out all but one of their scouts while rolling with a couple of VK's down the left side of the map then eventually breaking off and flanking the enemies capping the middle flag taking out both VK's and a Pz IV.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 16:48   Link #1597
Sumeragi
Banned

I think I'm at my end's wits with the Panther II. Thinking of selling it and returning to the Panther for the time being.
Old 2013-01-11, 16:59   Link #1598
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think I'm at my end's wits with the Panther II. Thinking of selling it and returning to the Panther for the time being.
Look on the bright side. The tank you are on is just another stepping stone to another bigger, better machine...

Don't despair.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 17:08   Link #1599
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm not going to spend time and effort grinding when I'm focusing on my stats.
Old 2013-01-11, 17:20   Link #1600
Newhope

I sold my Churchill VII couple days ago frist tank I thought was totally garbage no way I am grinding 150-200 games to get past it.

Spoiler for Save space:

I am also heading up the US tank destroyer line because I fancy driving the T28 prototype, only tier 4 so far the T82 was a fast fun trolling machine with the 105mm which can one shot some T5, I'am currently on the M8A1 ATM it's fast but extremely fragile which doesn't really suit my aggressive playstyle but overall doing ok with it.

Spoiler for Space:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks