AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-11, 18:18   Link #101
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Does the name "Karada" sound odd in Japanese? I mean, it is a homophone for a word for "body."
To me it does. This is the first time I've seen a character with that name.

Not only does it sound like "body", but my mind wants to parse から and だ into separate parts of speech, so in many spots where her name was used the dialog threw me and I had to rewind and listen again.

Its possible that a native speaker wouldnt have this problem, but are there any that post on this forum, watched the show, and want to answer?
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 18:22   Link #102
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
According to ANN, her seiyuu is Shizuka Itou.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6547 (seiyuu's for the show)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=17353 (list of characters Shizuka Itou has voiced)

No wonder she sounded familar Tsukihime and Maria-Sama thanks for that i appreciate it
Old 2006-10-11, 18:53   Link #103
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow at first i thought this was gona be some common slice-of-life genre series...but the end totally turned that upside down
i really like this slow moving pace (normally i wont but this ep showed some quality which i havent seen for a while that made the slow movement of the story pleasing)
so switching body size like that could have been their wish...cause we already know karada wants to be "bigger"
i loved how the change was so subtle and magical that the realism didnt go completely out of the window...
bring on ep 2 ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 20:08   Link #104
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
If anything I think the Westermarck effect would point towards Hiro developing feelings. Afterall, his sister has always been this younger girl. Now suddenly he'll be confronted with a woman, an image he doesn't associate with his sister, yet the family familiarity will all be there. My guess is they'll just use that for angsty effect, but it will be interesting to see how well they handle it. Here's hoping they do as good a job as Koi Kaze rather than some other less serious (harem) shows.
The effect is about lack of attraction, so really, it can't say anything about Hiro's developing feelings. Rion wrote before that the Westermarck effect is not especially widespread. This is true w/o a doubt. Few adults are encouraged to marry those w/ whom they grew up; this was the case w/ the kibbutzniks, which is why the effect was first observed in them.

I seriously hope it doesn't become like Koi Kaze, at least in terms of content. & no love triangles, please.

Quote:
Does the name "Karada" sound odd in Japanese? I mean, it is a homophone for a word for "body."
I was wondering whether there was a particular reason behind that & behind Shouko's name. Although it could be a mere coincidence, since it's a very common name, "Shouko" can mean "evidence" or "proof".

では、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 20:13   Link #105
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I loved how this show was presended with flashbacks and time jumps. Really interesting settings. I love the whole flavour of this show. Though it was a bit too much fantasy when they switched ages, but sure its an interested plot twist. This show might turn out to be one of the best stories this year.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 20:21   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll admit that the reason i checked out the first episode was 'cause of my fav' musical composer - Shinkichi Mitsumune was doing the music, but after the first episode.. i can see i made a brilliant choice with checking this out.

The whole movement of the shows is what easily made me fall in love straight away. That, and the characters seem like a bunch i could never get tired with. As for the ending of the episode.. well, pretty much seen that coming when having already read up before watching. Its a nice lil' twist to everything that could happen - pretty much meaning the Hiro & Shouko past relationship. Also.. could this mean Tetsuya gets his chance? :3

The whole show should be a pretty good ride, mainly just to see what shall happen next~
Old 2006-10-11, 20:26   Link #107
Theowne
耳をすませば

It's a good thing I read Memento about this show instead of just reading the premise somewhere else, otherwise I probably wouldn't have watched it. I mean it does sound misleading on paper (two women change identities). Jeez, I just really hope I'm not hyping to the series too much in my mind and it turns out to be something completely different.

In other news, because I liked the background music in the final identity-change scene, I snatched it from the video and uploaded an .mp3. Of course, it's useless if/when an OST comes but whatever. If anyone wants it:

http://www.honeyandclover.net/asatte_end.mp3

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 20:33   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
n other news, because I liked the background music in the final identity-change scene, I snatched it from the video and uploaded an .mp3. Of course, it's useless if/when an OST comes but whatever. If anyone wants it:

http://www.honeyandclover.net/asatte_end.mp3
You my friend are a legend. :3

This is the tune i pretty much replyed around 10 times after the episodes finished, i can't thank you enough~

Also, would you have it to download at all?
Old 2006-10-11, 20:36   Link #109
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
This is the tune i pretty much replyed around 10 times after the episodes finished, i can't thank you enough~

Also, would you have it to download at all?
I don't quite understand the question Could you rephrase that? If you mean the mp3 up there a simple right click-save as should work.

Old 2006-10-11, 20:42   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't quite understand the question Could you rephrase that?
I mean so i can save to my desktop.

You've just sent a link straight to the mp3. I'm not really that could when it comes to saving from web.. usually its just right click and then carry on from there - but it doesn't go right.
Old 2006-10-11, 20:51   Link #111
Theowne
耳をすませば

Okay try this

http://www.honeyandclover.net/?page=asatte

And click on "click here".

If that doesn't work I'll just use yousendit.com

Old 2006-10-11, 20:53   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, that worked - thank you very much. :3
Old 2006-10-11, 21:06   Link #113
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
If anyone wants it:
Yes, I do! Thank you!

& by the way, here's a list of Mistumune Shinkichi's credits from ANN, in case anyone is interested:
Quote:
Asatte no Houkou (TV) : Music
Cyber Team in Akihabara: The Movie : Music
Cyberteam in Akihabara (TV) : Music
Doki Doki School Hours (TV) : Theme Song Arrangement (ED)
Dragon Drive (TV) : Music
FLCL (OAV) : Music
Green Green (TV) : Music
Green Green Thirteen: Erolutions (OAV) : Music
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (TV) : Music
Love Hina Again (OAV) : Music
Mahou Sensei Negima! (special) : Music
Negima! (TV) : Music
Nurse Angel Ririka SOS (TV) : Music
Revolutionary Girl Utena (TV) : Music
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie : Music
Rozen Maiden (TV) : Music
Rozen Maiden: Träumend (TV) : Music
Sky Girls (OAV) : Music
Speed Grapher (TV) : Music
Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy (TV) : Music, Theme Song Arrangement (OP/ED 2)
Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy Summer Special : Music, Theme Song Arrangement (OP/ED)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV) : Music (series 2)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (TV) : Music
Zero no Tsukaima (TV) : Music
では、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 21:08   Link #114
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
Adult Touko? Do you mean adult Shouko, or Touko Amino? If you mean Shouko then yah I agree....
Yeah, I meant Shouko. I hope I get the names straight soon.

And as for Mitsumune Shinkichi's list of credits, seeing Utena there sells me immediately. Hantsuki just adds to the appeal.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 22:04   Link #115
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai View Post
Quote:
I was wondering whether there was a particular reason behind that & behind Shouko's name. Although it could be a mere coincidence, since it's a very common name, "Shouko" can mean "evidence" or "proof".
So, if you put them together, they are a body of evidence! Lol!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 10:24   Link #116
NeoSam

First post got updated with the cover of the 3rd volume :P
Old 2006-10-12, 10:42   Link #117
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am kind of glad I was not the only one who was a bit surprised by the name Karada.

Anyway, now I see the director, the art director and the composer (although I like his work in Rozen Maiden more) have all been involved in Utena. Coincidence? The scriptwriter (if that's what being in charge of the series' composition is supposed to mean) has been working on the scripts of Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent. I guess there will be more plot twists then.

Anyway, seems to me we have been praising this first episode too much, let's see whether there wil lbe some disappointed people after the second one.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 12:04   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
...Anyway, seems to me we have been praising this first episode too much, let's see whether there will be some disappointed people after the second one.
A voice of reason. All too true. We'll soon know. The broadcast is on now.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 16:17   Link #119
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I liked how Katsushi Sakurabi handled Shingetsutan Tsukihime
I guess we are the only two people in this world who share this opinion :^D (Thank god it didn't turn out like F/SN, but I digess).

I hope the author uses the transformation only as a plot device to bring out the themes- conflicts between ourselve, family members and etc. .

Please don't spends 13 episodes whoring one specific plot device and ends up missing the themes(like...Onegai Twins for example).
Old 2006-10-12, 16:58   Link #120
Vulcannis

Quote:
The effect is about lack of attraction, so really, it can't say anything about Hiro's developing feelings. Rion wrote before that the Westermarck effect is not especially widespread. This is true w/o a doubt. Few adults are encouraged to marry those w/ whom they grew up; this was the case w/ the kibbutzniks, which is why the effect was first observed in them.
Yah I guess I didn't really explain what I was thinking very well there... basically what I was getting at is that whatever reason (Westermarck or whatever) that kept them from developing a romantic relationship before has most likely been negated/weakened by Karada changing age. The person he associated with as a sister is now gone, replaced by someone closer to his own age, etc.. They could develop romantic feelings now for pretty much the same reason shown in Koi Kaze.

Quote:
I seriously hope it doesn't become like Koi Kaze, at least in terms of content. & no love triangles, please.
Well, I don't think it would be bad if it did but I would rather see something different. Koi Kaze told a good story, we don't need to see it retold here (and probably not as well.) I don't have much hope though... I think the lure of a plain old angsty triangle drama with some supernatural incest thrown in is just too much for the writers.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural