AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 13:07   Link #861
kuppy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
It is funny that Hermit's weakness against Kenichi is being the popular guy of the school xD

Until Kenichi can totally prevent being hospitalized by Miu's natural reflexes he wont be cualified to be her boyfriend xD
Spoiler:
kuppy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:09   Link #862
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol Kenichi when he is looking down to the delinquant ^^ Yami is coming !!!! Rachel is hot^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:37   Link #863
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I hope they stretch this Yami comes to school out a bit for comedy / character development, and don't go straight to the fights. It'll be fun to see how Rachel handles all her admirers. If she's been raised away from close contact from friends her own age like Shou was, then she might find the experience addictive...

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-14 at 06:03.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 02:22   Link #864
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm still surprise that Miu is a Dou type... I figured her for a Sei type due to her personality...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 05:58   Link #865
Amirali
Banned

Makes sense given her out-of-control episode against Shou and the darkness he states is within her (a heritage from her father, the head of the nine fists?). A Dou user draws on the rage/aggression, and hence they walk a dangerous path till they learn full control. I think Dou suits the more instinctive/natural fighters (like maybe Miu or Kisara) while the other form (Sei, was it? ) suits the more analytical fighters like Kenichi, Siegfried or Freya.

The other two Dou users in Ryozanpaku , Sakaki and Apachai both have dark moments in their history. Apachai was a killing machine in his early Muay Thai match days, and Sakaki tried to bury Eclair alive when they broke up. Of course, I'm just spuuting off about Sei and Dou on the basis of what I've seen in the manga. There's probably a more indepth explanation in the real world of martial arts.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-14 at 08:43.
Old 2008-11-14, 06:08   Link #866
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What about Shigure? I don't remember if they said she was a Sei or Dou. She's extremely mello at all times, so is it safe to say Sei? I dunno...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:19   Link #867
Measural

I don't know if its a fact since it's from Wikipedia but, it states that everyone other then Miu, Apachai, and Sakaki from Ryōzanpaku are Sei with the exception of the Elder being both
Measural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 11:24   Link #868
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measural View Post
I don't know if its a fact since it's from Wikipedia but, it states that everyone other then Miu, Apachai, and Sakaki from Ryōzanpaku are Sei with the exception of the Elder being both
Here is some more proof to back it up.

Spoiler:

And yet again an other series of enemies. Well at least Kenichi vs Shou was highly entertaining. He should beg elder for some more private lessons since he only thougth him 1 of 108 secret moves? And Takeda & Ukita failed, I totally saw that comming but it didn't reduce any of the comical value.
Old 2008-11-14, 11:31   Link #869
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Is this true? is this really really true? And I mean really really true?

What does Shigure do to reveal she likes Kenichi? or are we talking about Kenichi here?
Spoiler:

As for the latest chapter 313 (raw)...

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 12:16   Link #870
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have also noticed that. Many Yomi are sort of forced into their situations. I don't think Rachel is bad at all. It was just who got to her first that had her become how she was. But even then she doesn't act evil. She just wants attention.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:13   Link #871
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I have also noticed that. Many Yomi are sort of forced into their situations. I don't think Rachel is bad at all. It was just who got to her first that had her become how she was. But even then she doesn't act evil. She just wants attention.
It is sad that all the Yomi disiples were forced into the martial art / killing world... cant there be one evil disiple who simply enjoys being evil like Yami masters (?)
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:27   Link #872
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I am sure one or two are like that. We just have not seen them yet.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 15:35   Link #873
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Spoiler:

As for the latest chapter 313 (raw)...

Spoiler:
Just wondering
Spoiler for 313 question:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 16:56   Link #874
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Just wondering
Spoiler for 313 question:
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 00:12   Link #875
kuppy123

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Nerieru scanned chapter 268-274

Last edited by kuppy123; 2008-11-15 at 19:14.
kuppy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 22:41   Link #876
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for In the newly translated chapters:
Old 2008-11-16, 02:14   Link #877
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Quote:
Even with Rachel, I don't ever recall her mentioning about killing anyone... she just beats ppl up and likes to show off lol. Of course, you still have the ones who are absolutely evil, I guess it depends on their YOMI master.
I agree. Of the Yami masters we've seen, "the laughing fist" diego is the most likeable and (at moments) even respectful to Shinpaku / team Kenichi. He rewarded Shinpaku's audacious gatecrashing by allowing them entry, and he supported Freya when she told the Black ops team head not to commit suicide. He was genuinely appreciative of having the chance to see Elder fight too.

Spoiler for chapter 269 romance?:

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-16 at 03:21.
Old 2008-11-16, 02:16   Link #878
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spoiler for In the newly translated chapters:
He evolved from a penguin...

But I thought Shou was the most powerful one in Yomi, being the leader and all. Why does Kenichi has problems fighting Boris when he won against Shou?

And the Alexander vs Akisame... Being both artists. I can't say I wasn't expecting something like that. But it was still a shock.

Kenichi thinks the Ryusui Seikuken is a waste if it can't be used on Miu. Honestly, this guy is stronger than Goku from Dragon Ball before the flying stuff and he still acts like a wimp.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 03:20   Link #879
Amirali
Banned

Spoiler for 273-4:
Old 2008-11-16, 03:54   Link #880
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Like the Thai disciple said, Kenichi lacks experience. His skills and his half mastery of the Seikuuken has probably brought him close to a low master level... but he's still lacking something. One being his inexperience and the other about trying to fight his opponents without severely injuring them, those things are making him look weaker than he potential can be.

Like the Elder said, he has to continue to hone his skills as he was on a different level when he was fighting Shou. He needs to bring out that determination again.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen