AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-18, 20:06   Link #261
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I think that Franky will find a special Devil Fruit that would allow him to turn his body into any kind of mechanical tool

I have writen a post about my idea for the Meka Meka no Mi in the make your own Devil Fruit

Link
||
\/
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2061126#post2061126
Franky's strong enough without a devil fruit and giving him one would be over-doing it in my opinion.

Still, it would be interesting to see him fight against someone with that ability.

Now that I think about it, that would be a great nod to the Terminator series, the new model had powers eerily similar to the one's you just described.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-11-18 at 20:09. Reason: re-wording
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:07   Link #262
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Franky's strong enough without a devil fruit and giving him one would be over-doing it in my opinion.

Still, it would be interesting to see him fight against someone with that ability.

Now that I think about it, that would be a great nod to the Terminator series, with the old model facing off against the new.
Isn't that essentially what the fight with the Kuma-clones was?
But I could see Franky pulling an "Ahh-nold" impression.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:11   Link #263
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Isn't that essentially what the fight with the Kuma-clones was?
But I could see Franky pulling an "Ahh-nold" impression.
No, I added to that last post that the powers desribed in this guy's devil fruit are pretty much the same as those held by the new model Terminators. That's the "nod" I was talking about.
Old 2008-11-18, 20:14   Link #264
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
No, I added to that last post that the powers desribed in this guy's devil fruit are pretty much the same as those held by the new model Terminators. That's the "nod" I was talking about.
I know what you're saying, but we kind've already had a similar fight...
Old 2008-11-18, 20:17   Link #265
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
I know what you're saying, but we kind've already had a similar fight...
But not a one-on-one.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-18, 20:19   Link #266
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
But not a one-on-one.
True enough, but there wasn't really a one-on-one in terminator, either....
'sides, Franky would get owned without a little help.
Old 2008-11-18, 20:23   Link #267
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
True enough, but there wasn't really a one-on-one in terminator, either....
'sides, Franky would get owned without a little help.
Forgot that I'm just about the only person who actually enjoyed it enough to sit through all of T3, they had like three all out scraps.

I think you're still measuring it as Franky vs Pacifista, I was talking about Fanky vs some random guy with that devil fruit power.
It's a token type story, though his opponent can manifest into any tool of destruction he wishes, ultimately Franky surpasses simply because he has better ideas (just look at how bad they got in the Oz fight). And at the end, he'd make some bad rmark on how a devil fruit like that is "wasted on some empty-headed idiot."

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-18, 20:25   Link #268
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Forgot that I'm just about the only person who actually enjoyed it enough to sit through all of T3, they had like three all out scraps.

I think you're still measuring it as Franky vs Pacifista, I was talking about Fanky vs some random guy with that devil fruit power.
It's a token type story, though his opponent can manifest into any tool of destruction he wishes, ultimately Franky surpasses simply because he has better ideas (just look at how bad they got in the Oz fight). And at the end, he'd make some bad rmark on how a devil fruit like that is "wasted on some empty-headed idiot."
I actually did watch t3, I just don't remember it. I was thinking of T2, I guess.

As for franky fighting this DF user? Meh. Personally, i'd like to see Usopp with this DF ability.
Old 2008-11-18, 20:31   Link #269
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
I actually did watch t3, I just don't remember it. I was thinking of T2, I guess.

As for franky fighting this DF user? Meh. Personally, i'd like to see Usopp with this DF ability.
He'd end up too much like Franky, one cyborg is enough for a colonial-style pirate crew.

Maybe Ussop could outfit one of his weapons with this particular fruit though?
Ohh! He could augment his pack with the fruit, insert rocks, and have them spawn out as grenades and what-not!

Old 2008-11-19, 15:11   Link #270
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

This is a theory I wrote up today:

Remember the time after Enies Lobby when Coby was reintroduced and mentioned that the next time they will meet, he will be an Admiral

There is a problem with what he said because there are only three positions for Admirals and they are already filled. This would cause people to think that one of the prexisting Admirals will either be demoted, killed or otherwise leave their position for some reason

I think that Oda was trying to tell us that Coby will become an Admiral. But for that to happen, one of the previous Admirals would need to leave their position and make an opening. And if one of the Admirals DO lose their position, who would it be, why would they have left and would Coby have become strong enough to fill the available position?

With that being said, I would like a Thread to be opened discussing the possibility of all this happening and other people's theories

I personally think that it will be Aokiji (aka Kuzan) that will leave when he finally realises that the World Government is corrupt and is using the Marines to enact "Absolute Justice" which is not trully what people think it is
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:43   Link #271
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I also forgot to mention that if Coby does become an Admiral, would Helmepo become an Admiral as well or a Vice-Admiral (probably a Vice-Admiral)
( W)
Old 2008-11-19, 16:13   Link #272
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Hmm, if an admiral were to leave I'd think it to be either Kizaru or Akainu and not voluntarily at that.

Aokiji sits on a position of power, he realizes this and uses it to his advantage. He even states that he basically organized the entire Enies Lobby arc from the moment they stepped onto Long Island. I doubt he'd give up his position, he's quite aware of just how corrupt the WG is (he was around for the destruction of Ohara) and leaving a place of status where he can actually do things won't help him change the world.
Like Smoker, the only thing to do here is to rise in rank...

If an admiral were to leave, it would be out of defeat or lack of use.

Old 2008-11-19, 19:41   Link #273
seiji_kun

Tbh I can't see Coby becomming an admiral. I know saying this is like blasphemy but I think Oda just made him say it to show how Coby mentally grown. The only way I see Coby becomming an Admiral is if Oda has the luck to continue this series as long as he wants. I did read somewhere that he said that he wants to be a jump boy for life if they permit him.

But I don't expect a time skip at all so if Luffy conquers the GL in his first try which everyone thinks he will then I can't just see Coby climbing up the ranks fast enough. If he becomes an admiral in less then a year (1 year in OP) then I'll be shocked as hell.

Even Smoker is having a hard time rising ranks and he's a freaking logia. One of my favorite marines.
Old 2008-11-19, 20:23   Link #274
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Tbh I can't see Coby becomming an admiral. I know saying this is like blasphemy but I think Oda just made him say it to show how Coby mentally grown. The only way I see Coby becomming an Admiral is if Oda has the luck to continue this series as long as he wants. I did read somewhere that he said that he wants to be a jump boy for life if they permit him.

But I don't expect a time skip at all so if Luffy conquers the GL in his first try which everyone thinks he will then I can't just see Coby climbing up the ranks fast enough. If he becomes an admiral in less then a year (1 year in OP) then I'll be shocked as hell.

Even Smoker is having a hard time rising ranks and he's a freaking logia. One of my favorite marines.
You should note that between the time Luffy and Zoro left Coby the first time and the second time they meet, Coby has grown exeptionally fast

Also, with Garp's training (which is how Luffy got as strong as he is) Coby has very good chances to become really strong, really fast
( W)
Old 2008-11-19, 20:30   Link #275
seiji_kun

Quote:
You should note that between the time Luffy and Zoro left Coby the first time and the second time they meet, Coby has grown exeptionally fast

Also, with Garp's training (which is how Luffy got as strong as he is) Coby has very good chances to become really strong, really fast
All I saw was him using soru and getting defeated in five seconds. While he did grow his growth wasn't near as exceptional as Luffy's growth.

That move he used, Luffy learned it one minute. His growth needs to be far more exceptional if he's going to be an admiral within the year. I doubt he trained Coby similar to Luffy even. He's under good care, that's at least true.
Old 2008-11-19, 20:30   Link #276
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:

Luffy was training with Garp for like five years before he left to be a pirate.

That being said, think Coby will have a remarkably easier time rising through ranks than Smoker simply because he is complacent.
As of now, Coby has shown no real knowledge or at least true opposition to the tactics of the World Government so I'd imagine he could limb the ranks with relative ease, especially with the need for capable men now that the world seems to be spiraling out of order...

Still, I doubt he'll get to Admiral beore the story ends, perhaps Fleet Admiral if he really tries...

Old 2008-11-19, 20:35   Link #277
seiji_kun

Quote:
Luffy was training with Garp for like five years before he left to be a pirate.

That being said, think Coby will have a remarkably easier time rising through ranks than Smoker simply because he is complacent.
As of now, Coby has shown no real knowledge or at least true opposition to the tactics of the World Government so I'd imagine he could limb the ranks with relative ease, especially with the need for capable men now that the world seems to be spiraling out of order...

Still, I doubt he'll get to Admiral beore the story ends, perhaps Fleet Admiral if he really tries...
No he won't rise faster then Smoker, not even near as fast. Smoker is obeying the WG cause he wants to rise as fast as possible to catch the strawhats in the New World. Coby isn't catching pirates who are worth 50 000 000 like Smoker was.
Old 2008-11-20, 07:40   Link #278
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
I think you're confusing Fleet Admiral with Vice Admiral
(Fleet Admiral is the highest rank in the Marines
( W)
Old 2008-11-20, 08:30   Link #279
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
I think you're confusing Fleet Admiral with Vice Admiral
(Fleet Admiral is the highest rank in the Marines
Oh shit...
I know there is a rank below that of Vice Admiral but I just shot out the first thing that came to mind...
Off to Wikipedia then.

Old 2008-11-20, 09:05   Link #280
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Oh shit...
I know there is a rank below that of Vice Admiral but I just shot out the first thing that came to mind...
Off to Wikipedia then.
That would be a Rear Admiral, and below that would be a Commodore and then Captain

Note:
This site is much better and much more detailed
onepiece.wikia.com
( W)