AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 15.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 24.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-09, 15:08   Link #41
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yes, but you should ask this in the respective thread because it can have spoilers.
So they aren't entirely making things up as they go along? I'm still a bit confused over the missing Sisters arc that the manga went into...
Old 2010-01-09, 15:21   Link #42
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
So they aren't entirely making things up as they go along? I'm still a bit confused over the missing Sisters arc that the manga went into...
The light novel author wrote these so-called "filler" arcs, as mentioned in a promotional comic thing for the Railgun anime (starring Uiharu and Saten) so yeah, they (J.C.STAFF) can't just make it up or else the fandom will go into more rage, seeing as we're already seeing the rage (and most of them don't even know this damn fact).

(I will actually complain on these filler arcs if I know that Kamachi was not involved in writing them, but since he/she is, I am one happy clam).

Sisters arc is unlikely, unless they can fit it by Eps 20 to 24... it's somehow possible given how they could fit the whole Level Upper arc in at least 12 episodes and all... huh (I still felt some parts were rushed but then again).
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 15:25   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Woah, woah, woah hold on a minute. So the whole Sisters arc isn't going to happen? Are you freaking kidding me?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 15:39   Link #44
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Woah, woah, woah hold on a minute. So the whole Sisters arc isn't going to happen? Are you freaking kidding me?
*shrug* who knows... when Sisters arc is over in the Railgun manga, Railgun is basically finished since it will connect to the Index anime.

Spoiler for speculations:

Some mentioned in the other thread that eps 17 and 18 have no trace of Sisters arc... yet, we'll have to wait for some info about 19 onwards...
Old 2010-01-09, 15:57   Link #45
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
The light novel author wrote these so-called "filler" arcs, as mentioned in a promotional comic thing for the Railgun anime (starring Uiharu and Saten) so yeah, they (J.C.STAFF) can't just make it up or else the fandom will go into more rage, seeing as we're already seeing the rage (and most of them don't even know this damn fact).

(I will actually complain on these filler arcs if I know that Kamachi was not involved in writing them, but since he/she is, I am one happy clam).

Sisters arc is unlikely, unless they can fit it by Eps 20 to 24... it's somehow possible given how they could fit the whole Level Upper arc in at least 12 episodes and all... huh (I still felt some parts were rushed but then again).
I wouldn't mind if there was some original content, and it seems like it'll have to happen eventually...

Personally I don't find Kamachi to be a phenomenal author. S(?)/he's fine writing Index, a shonen-like seinen story with super powers, but not much more than that. I mean, there are Dues Ex Machina devices everywhere, little to no character development and there are a few inconsistencies in the Index universe as well.

Anyways that's a bit off topic. Sorry.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 16:11   Link #46
Miraluka
Banned

If you see Railgun series as an adaptation it would suck pretty hard but if I see it as a original series althought it has their own incosistences is still enjoyable.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 16:11   Link #47
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I wouldn't mind if there was some original content, and it seems like it'll have to happen eventually...

Personally I don't find Kamachi to be a phenomenal author. S(?)/he's fine writing Index, a shonen-like seinen story with super powers, but not much more than that. I mean, there are Dues Ex Machina devices everywhere, little to no character development and there are a few inconsistencies in the Index universe as well.

Anyways that's a bit off topic. Sorry.
He/she isn't the best author, but I think how he/she is able to put up some interesting characters and here and there with some background story is good enough for me. xP (though we still need more of those background story OTL)

The inconsistencies and the conflicting timelines are confusing too... but yeah, that's what happens when adaptations are made.

Ehehe, we got off-topic there... anyways, back to episode 14... so off-screen Saten was replying to Jufuku's letters all along before both of them went unconscious during the LU arc... interesting... :3 Looks like Saten's emoness made her forget to take revenge of Jufuku for giving her totally thick eyebrows for a week... XD (or maybe it's because of the letter writing haha).
Old 2010-01-09, 19:32   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Personally, I'm not really expecting the Sisters Arc to happen anytime soon in Railgun. Since we're running out of episodes, it might be included in Season 2 along with ITEM.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:58   Link #49
Miraluka
Banned

A seacond season???? ...mmm... only if it is 12 episodes or better choice in Ovas to avoid the censorship, I will hate JCSTAFF if they made fillers during the sisters arc.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:19   Link #50
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is 12 episode enough to cover the events in the Sister Arc + ITEM Arc? All that action in the ITEM Arc made it clear that we need more than that to cover everything.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:52   Link #51
AlitY

I voted good, but to tell the truth i was slightly dissapointed what i really wanted to happen was saten san to be able to use her esper abilites again but it was not to be. After reading ahed though it's only a matter of time before we meet the imoutos agen so thats what im looking forward.
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 21:28   Link #52
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I also have to say I really liked where this episode was going following the aftermath of Level Upper. It was a shame she's still classed as a no-potential level 0, though I was expecting it so.

They really need to rethink their level systems. It should be like, level 0.3 or something level 0 is harsh. =P

To my displeasure this is as much follow up as we're going to get i'm expecting, after seeing the preview. Which is unfortunate as the whole "having a skill concept" was the most interesting point of this series to me. Ah well, at least we had an epilogue where as there was none in the manga.

*Tries to hold back manly tears of disappointment as no-ability Saten-san.*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 23:05   Link #53
babohtea

Actually, Season 2 of Railgun just might come out after Season 2 of Index, after the manga's progressed further? Or J.C. Staff goes completely crazy with original content and only borrows from the "sources".
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 23:08   Link #54
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lesson's episode on a day off huh .

Seems that it'll move next episode with a gang vs a spider guy .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 02:19   Link #55
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

decent ep. more Saten is always good. i hope they don't dive too deeply into the espers thing. the show is better when its technology and ability related. (case point, Railgun > Index)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:08   Link #56
shitashii

ahhh i want to see sisters arc thats all railgun is really about geez
shitashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:21   Link #57
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For Sisters arc you mean all thoses Misaka ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:28   Link #58
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm quite a relaxing transition that settles brings the level zeroes back to reality.

I dont mind seeing Saten x unknown fat guy...
Old 2010-01-10, 09:08   Link #59
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I dont mind seeing Saten x unknown fat guy...
oh god... please make it stop. There are so many good looking boys and girls around in that city. The last thing i want to see is that meat bag...
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 09:31   Link #60
shitashii

yeah all the misaka's
shitashii is offline   Reply With Quote