AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 18:06   Link #981
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Very nice work!!

and thanks for sharing. I've added only some info, hope I didn't make mistakes.
here the psd modified http://www.mediafire.com/?u37wrsj93ojc9bx

Spoiler for fatality scoreboard - ep.4:
Oooh, the grave crosses are a nice touch. It'll be handy to have the dates of the all deaths in one place, too.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:53   Link #982
Robotech Master

Huh........hmmmmm......

Can anyone tell me if they recall if the show has supplied us with Kouichi's mother's original surname? Because it wouldn't be the same as Kouichi's since it came from his father. It would have been different in high school, and that would be Reiko's last name as well. Could be important.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:03   Link #983
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Huh........hmmmmm......

Can anyone tell me if they recall if the show has supplied us with Kouichi's mother's original surname? Because it wouldn't be the same as Kouichi's since it came from his father. It would have been different in high school, and that would be Reiko's last name as well. Could be important.
You mean her maiden name (her surname before she got married)? I don't recall ever being told that. But then again, I don't even remember her surname; were we ever told what it was?
Old 2012-02-01, 19:14   Link #984
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
You mean her maiden name (her surname before she got married)? I don't recall ever being told that. But then again, I don't even remember her surname; were we ever told what it was?
Yeah, maiden name. I think her given name may have been dropped once during the show, or maybe I'm imagining it--the first name wasn't what was so important anyway. The possible "Aha, gotcha" is in the assumption that his mother has the same last name as the main character, which may have been true a few years ago, but not true when we're talking about the events of 15 years ago or whenever.

But I'm mainly interested in that info to pursue some stuff on Reiko. Suspicious, that Reiko.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 20:32   Link #985
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Dude, they're not in a war so using "KIA" feels a bit off. Sorry for being such a G.Nazi...

Nice Idea though.
The whole setup strongly reminded me of Battle Royale: soon it'll be the last person standing, except they ain't killing each other, but fear is the big killer.

@Arya: you should be getting a big chocolate chip cookie for this. Excellent touch!

EDIT 2: forgot that I had inadvertently left out the mouse pointers (as I was using Greenshot, and it captured even those pointers), so we have to erase them out after the next round, er, Episode 5.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-02-01 at 20:45.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 22:15   Link #986
djmaca
My Girl ↓

With everything I read(manga, Novel, wiki) I think it's safe to say...

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DAMN GAME INSTEAD.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 23:50   Link #987
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
With everything I read(manga, Novel, wiki) I think it's safe to say...

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DAMN GAME INSTEAD.
Why? It was originally the novel first, you know.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 00:19   Link #988
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Why? It was originally the novel first, you know.
When I read the whole thing, or almost of the whole thing, I could say that the MC could have prevented the next sets of deaths if he investigated as early as late June after the June set of deaths, given that the deaths follow a certain order or is triggered by a certain event....

Is what I wanted to say. However, circumstances did prevent him from being there in the first place. Add that everyone is SO unwilling to talk or give information, except the Librarian dude. What actually gave me the feel that this should have been a game, however, is that it reminds me of Fatal Frame 2(good horror game, 100%) due to "You Know Who" having a "You Know What".
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 07:38   Link #989
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The whole setup strongly reminded me of Battle Royale: soon it'll be the last person standing, except they ain't killing each other, but fear is the big killer.

@Arya: you should be getting a big chocolate chip cookie for this. Excellent touch!

EDIT 2: forgot that I had inadvertently left out the mouse pointers (as I was using Greenshot, and it captured even those pointers), so we have to erase them out after the next round, er, Episode 5.
Love that cookies
By the way, did you take the board from some episode? I have missed that frame

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 08:01   Link #990
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Love that cookies
By the way, did you take the board from some episode? I have missed that frame
The caps came from the official Another website, at the character profile page.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:17   Link #991
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The caps came from the official Another website, at the character profile page.
Thanks, I got confused by the note on the screenshot s.ware .

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 00:56   Link #992
Godslayer
人間・失格

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no spoiler thread for the novel reader in the novel section, right?
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:16   Link #993
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm just now getting a chance to catch up on this season's shows, and this is the show I have enjoyed most. Besides the interesting characters and story, it has lovely backgrounds and animation, and good voice-acting from Abe Atsushi (Kouichi; Souma in Shugo Chara, Touma in Index) and from Takamori Natsumi (Mei; Akari in Jewelpet Tinkle, Subaru in Houkago no Pleiades).

I can't help thinking Mei is the original Misaki, but her comment about being the recently-dead Misaki's cousin makes that less likely. Although not impossible, I guess -- maybe a first cousin once removed -- i.e., a parent's cousin? In Chinese terms, however, that would probably make her an aunt, so maybe not, if Japanese is the same.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:19   Link #994
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0d_sl4yer View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no spoiler thread for the novel reader in the novel section, right?
Correct, all Another related threads are now here. Novel readers have the Novel Thread and the Spoiler Thread For Experienced Fans.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 03:19   Link #995
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

One thing that I am really liking is how when we get answers, we get even more questions that need answers as well. This series knows how to keep its atmosphere.

Spoiler for Episode 5 info regarding Mei:

I'll try to give more of my thoughts on Episode 5 in the thread for it, but this show is keeping up its great storytelling. And having spoiled myself as far as the manga goes, it is interesting to observe people speculating and asking all sorts of questions and I have to try to make sure that I don't accidently reveal anything important.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:49   Link #996
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
One thing that I am really liking is how when we get answers, we get even more questions that need answers as well. This series knows how to keep its atmosphere.

Spoiler for Episode 5 info regarding Mei:

I'll try to give more of my thoughts on Episode 5 in the thread for it, but this show is keeping up its great storytelling. And having spoiled myself as far as the manga goes, it is interesting to observe people speculating and asking all sorts of questions and I have to try to make sure that I don't accidently reveal anything important.
Spoiler for Episode 5 - spoiler tag just in case:
Old 2012-02-07, 07:50   Link #997
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Kouichi x Mei flags raised.

Though I still wonder why the classmates didn't just explain everything to Kou from the very beginning. Do they believe it'll trigger the curse or something?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 08:42   Link #998
Ray
Garnet

Spoiler for Another Fatality Scoreboard:

- Removed Takabayashi off the list.

- Merged Layers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 into one called 'Background' and locked that layer.

- Renamed folders for easier navigation, and moved some layers around a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Oh hells yeah. Totes rooting for them!
Old 2012-02-07, 10:27   Link #999
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Oh hells yeah. Totes rooting for them!
I guess it adds a whole new meaning to the expression: "Till death do us part..."
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:53   Link #1000
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Is there a stream preceding the TV broadcast for this show, in the TV schedule I can only find KBS京都 and テレ玉 airing first on Tuesdays at 23:00 and 23:05, but subs pop out a day earlier
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, seinen