AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 09:17   Link #381
kfcpanda

Yay thank you bakAnki!
Is there any chance you're doing a Kirino one sometime?
Or is the story for Kirino that lackluster? :/
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 09:31   Link #382
Nanashi_1337

I would rather prefer Kanako or Kuroneko. I've never been a fan of the whole Kirino x Kyosuke.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 09:36   Link #383
kfcpanda

Eh while it's definitely more strange/controversial given that they're related, I find Kirino's tsundere (more the -dere) personality really adorable and that's why I like her as a heroine more than say Kanako or Kuroneko.

Do any of the things stated in the game have any bearing on the main story/canon/light novels? I mean, the games are grounded in pretty well with the main story, very few discrepancies there so that makes me wonder if the fact about Kyousuke/Kirino being only cousins is/will become true?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:38   Link #384
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
More detailed summary of Ayase route!
Well even I said summary it's too long but if I say it's translation I left some that I didn't understand, so I left the correct term for you to decide

[Read the full article on my blog or Figure.fm]
Uooooh that was awesome. Ayase is more like a yandoro (doro term borrowed from Bakemonogatari).
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:39   Link #385
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Some part of Sena route, Last Boss Akagi x Kousaka Kyousuke!

Spoiler for Battle of two siscons:

It hasn't ended yet btw. Like some RPG, he has a second form xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Yay thank you bakAnki!
Is there any chance you're doing a Kirino one sometime?
Or is the story for Kirino that lackluster? :/
Well I do plan to do Kirino or Kanako, I like both characters and their stories are fun, but even if I really do it it won't be as detailed like Ayase's I wrote. It took too much of my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Do any of the things stated in the game have any bearing on the main story/canon/light novels? I mean, the games are grounded in pretty well with the main story, very few discrepancies there so that makes me wonder if the fact about Kyousuke/Kirino being only cousins is/will become true?
They used the story of Kanako being in bad term with her parents from vol 10 of light novel on her route, on top of my head.

They probably won't use the sister-in-law for the light novel, but I think the relationship of past Kyousuke, Kirino, and Manami as shown on Kirino route will be used, though perhaps with some modification.

EDIT: CMIIW, the name of Kyousuke and Kirino's son is Ryousuke (涼介) and the daughter is Yuuno (優乃)

Last edited by bakAnki; 2012-05-22 at 11:55.
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:42   Link #386
Nanashi_1337

I have to say, while the whole Sena route just came out of nowhere (at least for me) and personally I don't see them as pair, that part in her route was epic to see. We need more final bosses in routes LOL.

And they could use more originality for the kids' names, instead of using part of the Kanjis that form the name of their parents.
Old 2012-05-22, 13:59   Link #387
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Just got in my copy of Oreimo 2, though I haven't had time to start it yet. I did take a peek at the booklet, but.....

I thought Oreimo 1 was a romance Visual Novel already? From the catchphrase of Oreimo 2 in the booklet, "What if the little sisters were girlfriends?" I thought the first game was already about romances with the heroines, hence the discovery of Kirino and Kyousuke not being blood-related in Krino's first game route, and of course the infamous Ayase ending in the first game.

So what I'm asking is, the first game is a romance VN, right? Because the catchphrase for the second game as said in the booklet makes it sound like it wasn't.
Old 2012-05-22, 14:16   Link #388
Maugomale

Most of the routes in the first game ended just as Kyousuke and the chosen girl started dating. This new game focuses more on their relationship AFTER becoming lovers
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:22   Link #389
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Most of the routes in the first game ended just as Kyousuke and the chosen girl started dating. This new game focuses more on their relationship AFTER becoming lovers
Okay, yeah that's what I was looking for. The booklet made it sounds like the first game was just about a little sister thing betwen Kyosuke and the heroines. Thanks.
Old 2012-05-23, 03:00   Link #390
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, I'm officially lost as to how to aim for each route in the first game. Obviously it has to do with using the two-shot scenes and the icon thingies right, but I'm (mostly) clueless on how to use them to specifically aim for routes. Does anybody have a walkthrough/guide for the first game? (there probably isn't one out for the second game yet, of course) I'm trying to get the Ayase route first.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-05-23 at 03:10.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:27   Link #391
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

This is totally unrelated, but I found an old anime called Yoake Mae and Saori's VA played the princess in the same ojousama voice. It was pretty hilarious trying to separate the characters.

By the way, are there any videos of Ayase route on youtube yet? Based on bakanki's summary, if I hear her lines voiced, I'd probably die of sugar overdose.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:13   Link #392
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well, I'm officially lost as to how to aim for each route in the first game. Obviously it has to do with using the two-shot scenes and the icon thingies right, but I'm (mostly) clueless on how to use them to specifically aim for routes. Does anybody have a walkthrough/guide for the first game? (there probably isn't one out for the second game yet, of course) I'm trying to get the Ayase route first.
Don't underestimate the Japanese, they're fast xD
Here's the walkthrough for the second game: http://www32.atwiki.jp/psp_oreimop2/

And this is the walkthrough for the first game: http://masterwiki.net/oreimo-game/

FYI, to unlock Ayase's happy end on the first game, you have to beat Kirino's happy end first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
By the way, are there any videos of Ayase route on youtube yet? Based on bakanki's summary, if I hear her lines voiced, I'd probably die of sugar overdose.
True that, the seiyuus are doing such a great job, mere summary like I wrote won't do any justice to bring the emotion. I'm still laughing everytime I hear Kyousuke's tsukkomi here and there, and melting everytime I hear Ayase's small laugh x3
Old 2012-05-23, 05:33   Link #393
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

True that, the seiyuus are doing such a great job, mere summary like I wrote won't do any justice to bring the emotion. I'm still laughing everytime I hear Kyousuke's tsukkomi here and there, and melting everytime I hear Ayase's small laugh x3

Ugh, wish I knew Japanese.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:15   Link #394
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
if Kyousuke & Kirino's son inherted Kirino's personality, that makes him what? some tsun guy who has an obsession with shotacon little brother characters?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 06:34   Link #395
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/inunonanahou/videos

One of the videos has Ayase route. Search for it.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:09   Link #396
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Currently writing Kirino's summary. Even when I said I'm going to write less detailed one for Kirino, but I still end up writing too much. Too many interesting dialogues I feel it'll be a waste if I skip it. Ah, I'm such a sucker

A little preview...
Spoiler for Favor x Responsibility:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
if Kyousuke & Kirino's son inherted Kirino's personality, that makes him what? some tsun guy who has an obsession with shotacon little brother characters?
Other than Kirino's hair color, Ryousuke is Kyousuke's copy. Even on the narration Kyousuke mention Kirino said to Kyousuke "He is really you" about Ryousuke.

On that one scene he seems like inherited Kyousuke's sullen attitude, kinda like Kyousuke before he knew Kirino's hobby. Though Ryousuke is more hard-worker student than his father. We don't know if either kid inherited their mother otaku hobby, but he is really tsun to Yuuno
Old 2012-05-23, 07:59   Link #397
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
FYI, to unlock Ayase's happy end on the first game, you have to beat Kirino's happy end first.
Actually you get Ayase's happy ending by beating her route once and being forced into her normal ending. The game then gives you an O.R.E. item, which you use on a new game of Ayase's route to unlock her happy ending.

Yeah, I just got it 20 minutes ago.

But I thought someone said before that you have to beat all the other heroines' routes or something before you can get Kirino's hidden ending? Or are her happy and hidden endiongs different things?
Old 2012-05-23, 08:16   Link #398
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually you get Ayase's happy ending by beating her route once and being forced into her normal ending. The game then gives you an O.R.E. item, which you use on a new game of Ayase's route to unlock her happy ending.

Yeah, I just got it 20 minutes ago.

But I thought someone said before that you have to beat all the other heroines' routes or something before you can get Kirino's hidden ending? Or are her happy and hidden endiongs different things?
Err as far as I remember you'll get "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai" ORE Item, the ORE Item to unlock Ayase's happy end, by beating Kirino's happy end. Kirino's happy end is the one where she sang the ED song on the comicket.

Kirino's happy ending and hidden ending are different thing. You can unlock Kirino's happy ending without unlocking anything beforehand. But to unlock her hidden ending, the If sister-in-law that continue to the disc 2, you have to get all 5 heroines happy ending (I forgot if it includes Kanako or not).

If you have gotten all happy endings, start the game from the beginning and go to Kirino route. You'll get memory album ORE Item and can use it when Kirino asked you to come to her room.

There's also another hidden ending for Kirino. It will be unlocked after you beat the sister-in-law ending. Start the game from the beginning again and instead of joining Siscalypse tournament, you can choose to use the new ORE Item....
Old 2012-05-23, 08:41   Link #399
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/inunonanahou/videos

One of the videos has Ayase route. Search for it.
Woohoo thanks so much
Old 2012-05-23, 11:08   Link #400
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Err as far as I remember you'll get "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai" ORE Item, the ORE Item to unlock Ayase's happy end, by beating Kirino's happy end. Kirino's happy end is the one where she sang the ED song on the comicket.
Well, I know is all I did was go straight for Ayase's route and got her normal end, getting the O.R.E. item from it after the credits, which said to restart Ayase's route from the beginning. So I did that, and I set the item at the respective point to get her happy end. I haven't touched the Kirino routes yet. *shrug*