AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-12, 10:10   Link #1
mkt

Martian Successor Nadesico

Is nadesico licensed? I'ts like impossibble to get it on dvd in norway.... But i can't download it eighter.
mkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 10:47   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkt
Is nadesico licensed? I'ts like impossibble to get it on dvd in norway.... But i can't download it eighter.
As far as this site (AnimeSuki) is concerned, it is licensed because it can be obtained with English subtitles. Check out the online sites listed at AnimeOnDVD.

As for availability in Norway, I have no idea.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 08:59   Link #3
El_Capitano

Nadesico complete collections DVD problem

I have recently bought the complete collection boxset of martian successor Nadesico. Everything about the box seems to ok except for the fifth DVD(secrets and lies) which has some problems with subtitle timing.
During the first 10 minutes they evolve from on time to fairly on time. Afterwards it's getting really annoying because the subs arrive 1 or 2 seconds too late.

It's the r2 (UK) edition of the boxset, but aside from the region there isn't any difference I think.
I'd like to know if I'm the only one with the problem and if the seperately sold fifth DVD has the same problem. Since I discovered the problem too late I can't send it back to the store. I'll have to replace the disc with another legal copy.

thanks in advance.
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 11:08   Link #4
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Subtitle timing problems usually can't be blamed on defective discs; if there was a technical problem with the subtitle stream, it would more likely just not show new events at all. The cause is either an authoring error or a problem with the DVD player being used (as there -are- DVD players that cannot maintain proper subtitle sync).

In any case, people over at the AnimeOnDVD.com Glitch Disc forum can probably be of more assistance in troubleshooting than here.
Old 2006-07-11, 13:40   Link #5
El_Capitano

Thanks, I'll do that.
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 13:22   Link #6
cloudzerr0
Cloudzerr0

Nadesico

okay just recently i went looking for the nadesico box set, but only to find out that ADV FILMS has stopped distribution of nadesico and its movie the prince of darkness... does anyone know if ADV lost the licence of it or what.. any info would be great...
cloudzerr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 13:29   Link #7
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I don't think too many companies announce when they lost the license do they?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 17:56   Link #8
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

they will stop production when there is no demand. maybe in a few years they will do another run. the show is not rare, you should be able to get it. have u checked with rightstuf.com?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 10:15   Link #9
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

The Nadesico releases are quite old, but make sure you're looking for the "Essential" version of the TV series (the version that does not have the overlaid signs and is much less espensive). Searches for the original edition may turn up out of print since it was effectively replaced.
Old 2008-09-15, 06:25   Link #10
karloch
Old School Knight

Question Martian Successor Nadesico - Unknown opening character

I just finished watching the Martian Successor Nadesico TV series (I just have the movie left). In overall I loved the show, too bad that it doesn't really have an ending.

I'm a bit confused about a female character that can be shown in the opening, but I don't recall seeying her in the whole series. She is:

Does somebody know who is her?

Last edited by karloch; 2008-09-15 at 06:27. Reason: Made a typo
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:42   Link #11
Faerie17429
Angel

she is the heroine Yurika
Faerie17429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:46   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes she is Yurika.

Her hair colour is a little off, but you can still identify her with her eyes, hair length and uniform.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 08:17   Link #13
karloch
Old School Knight

She is Yurika!? They have some resemblance, but they are still too different. In the very same opening you can see:

I don't have a clue why they made her look that different on that frame. I always though it was another character, maybe related to Yurika.
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 16:25   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I always assumed it was a piece of pre-production concept art when they were trying to decide on the style. I can see why that cause some head-scratching.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:26   Link #15
solomon

Wow back from the good old days of my anime initiation (although I saw this much longer after the TOonami shows.)

I like that detailed cel-painted look that certain shows like Nadesiso and Tenchi and Esca and EVA had.

There are some exceptions but most CG coloring looks so flat and artificial to me.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 12:47   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

With the new BD subbed version showing up, I've seen a bit of this for the first time, and it's pretty amusing. I like the fairly quick pace, the offhand absurdity (especially comments from the little pilot, Ruri), and I love the bizarreness of Yurika -- the debut role of one of my favorite seiyuus, Kuwashima Houko, sounding not at all like she does now. But this was 1996.

Lots of seiyuus who are now well-known. Her co-star is Ueda Yuuji (Morita in Honey & Clover), and Tomokazu Seki plays the crazy mecha pilot Gar. Itou Kentarou, Kawakami Tomoko, Madono Mitsuaki, Miki Shinichirou, Morikawa Toshiyuki, Okiayu Ryoutaoru. Ruri is played by Minami Omi, who was later Euphie in Code Geass.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 05:17   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well all i can say is it's about time you've checked this legendary gem of as how out. A personally favorite, and it's such a treat to rewatch the show yet again, though this time in blu-ray.
Old 2010-04-24, 05:57   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
(especially comments from the little pilot, Ruri),
Just for the record, Ruri isn't the pilot. She's akin to the science officer. (Minato is the pilot and Megumi is the communications officer)